Fiesta Bowl: #8 Oregon v #23 Liberty (Jan 1, Mon 10 AM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Fiesta Bowl: #8 Oregon v #23 Liberty (Jan 1, Mon 10 AM E

Post by OregonFan4Life »

You can have your opinion and I can have mine, doesn’t mean I’m being “over dramatic”, I just truly think that was a winnable game for the Ducks despite the disadvantage against the amazing Huskies passing offense and the main reason it wasn’t a win was cause the offense didn’t play to their potential.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I just truly think that was a winnable game for the Ducks despite the disadvantage against the amazing Huskies passing offense and the main reason it wasn’t a win was cause the offense didn’t play to their potential.
Agree, especially regarding our running game. Nobody is going to fully stop that healthy UW passing attack, but had our running game been up to snuff we'd have won. Coulda woulda shoulda, but the run game was flat and that should have been a strength for us.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

Went from being 3 points from the playoffs to playing an online bible college that doubles as a dead televangelist's money laundering and tax evasion scheme. One last FU for the Pac-12 on the way out the door. Fantastic. meanwhile every other top 10 team gets something other than a body bag game.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

At least beating the snot out of Biberty will be somewhat satisfying.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

squintsdd wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m excited but I’m always excited for the ducks, but sadly no matter what happens this season will be remember by the Ducks choking against the hated Huskies not once but twice. If Oregon wanted a better bowl matchup they only have themselves to blame.
I dunno. When we were curb stomping Washington with Mariota it wasn't that they were that bad, it was we were that good. Kinda the same thing. We don't have to like it but Penix is a game changer, he's the real deal. He's going to be playing on Sundays next year.

I don't think we choked, I think they are just the better team.
Oregon offense 100% chocked, get inferior teams are the Huskies secondary alive all season long but both Will and Bo get nervous and really timid. Oregon’s second play of the game had Franklin and Holden wide open for at least a big game, possibly a TD, and that alone drastically changes the game but Bo threw a terrible pass, the stage was too big for him. Huskies are great, not being a homer, but the offense absolutely did not play near as well as they should both times.
Do you sometimes stop and reread what you're saying, and then think "am I being overdramatic ", or do you just hit the post button without a second thought?
The former is the usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

SuperDuck wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m excited but I’m always excited for the ducks, but sadly no matter what happens this season will be remember by the Ducks choking against the hated Huskies not once but twice. If Oregon wanted a better bowl matchup they only have themselves to blame.
I dunno. When we were curb stomping Washington with Mariota it wasn't that they were that bad, it was we were that good. Kinda the same thing. We don't have to like it but Penix is a game changer, he's the real deal. He's going to be playing on Sundays next year.

This^^^^
Wait, after watching those 2 games, you think Washington is the better team? They won both games, they deserver to be in the playoff, they earned that. But I think if you play that game 10 times, Oregon wins 8 of them. I would venture to say, if Kyree intercepts that pass on the first drive Oregon wins by 3+ touchdowns.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

spacefrog13x wrote:Went from being 3 points from the playoffs to playing an online bible college that doubles as a dead televangelist's money laundering and tax evasion scheme.
I think it would be good if we didn't do the political/religious insults here. I don't like it when Oregon is reduced to the 0 championships, sweat shop-funded, pot-smoking communist comments, so maybe we can refrain from equally banal insults of other schools. Liberty's in-person enrollment appears to be around 15,000, so clearly not exclusively online. Actually, their campus is huge according to Wikipedia, 7000 acres. Wow.

I agree that Oregon got screwed by the bowl committee and that it was deliberate, but Liberty's rise through the football ranks in a very short time is actually pretty impressive. I've been following for a few years, and I think they will be a force to be reckoned with in the future if they keep going at this pace. It might even be a feather in Oregon's cap to have beaten them in the future, who knows. I'm happy we get one more chance to see Bo, and Coach Lanning is positive about the game. We also know that this kind of disrespect will likely be less common once Oregon joins the Big 10 Borg.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

pudgejeff wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:

This^^^^
Wait, after watching those 2 games, you think Washington is the better team? They won both games, they deserver to be in the playoff, they earned that. But I think if you play that game 10 times, Oregon wins 8 of them. I would venture to say, if Kyree intercepts that pass on the first drive Oregon wins by 3+ touchdowns.
I know that we "could've" won any of the last 3 games we played against them, but the scoreboard doesn't lie. They've beaten us 3 times in a row, and even though each game could have gone either way, the fact that they won all 3 gives them the edge as the better team.

I don't like it, but it is as it is.
John 3:36
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pudgejeff wrote: Wait, after watching those 2 games, you think Washington is the better team? They won both games, they deserver to be in the playoff, they earned that. But I think if you play that game 10 times, Oregon wins 8 of them. I would venture to say, if Kyree intercepts that pass on the first drive Oregon wins by 3+ touchdowns.
I see it as just a bad match-up for Oregon. Their strength is passing with a great QB, unbelievable receivers, and good pass protection. Oregon's weakness is pass defense. So Oregon might fare better against a team like Michigan than UW would, but when they face each other, the passing game is just too much for Oregon to overcome.

I don't think last year counts though. Oregon was in control of that game until Bo went down.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:
pudgejeff wrote: Wait, after watching those 2 games, you think Washington is the better team? They won both games, they deserver to be in the playoff, they earned that. But I think if you play that game 10 times, Oregon wins 8 of them. I would venture to say, if Kyree intercepts that pass on the first drive Oregon wins by 3+ touchdowns.
I see it as just a bad match-up for Oregon. Their strength is passing with a great QB, unbelievable receivers, and good pass protection. Oregon's weakness is pass defense. So Oregon might fare better against a team like Michigan than UW would, but when they face each other, the passing game is just too much for Oregon to overcome.

I don't think last year counts though. Oregon was in control of that game until Bo went down.
Our pass defense is still our Achilles heel. We always get torched, even walk on QB’s light us up like a bonfire in the desert.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:
I think it would be good if we didn't do the political/religious insults here. I don't like it when Oregon is reduced to the 0 championships, sweat shop-funded, pot-smoking communist comments, so maybe we can refrain from equally banal insults of other schools. Liberty's in-person enrollment appears to be around 15,000, so clearly not exclusively online. Actually, their campus is huge according to Wikipedia, 7000 acres. Wow.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

spacefrog13x wrote:Went from being 3 points from the playoffs to playing an online bible college that doubles as a dead televangelist's money laundering and tax evasion scheme. One last FU for the Pac-12 on the way out the door. Fantastic. meanwhile every other top 10 team gets something other than a body bag game.
Well we better not lose then..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Liberty has it's own delusional fan.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lol

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:Liberty has it's own delusional fan.
Found a forum and pretty much every fan there seemed pretty realistic about their chances. Their initial hopes were that more ducks would be sitting out, and then they saw Bo's announcement. Some are saying Oregon is the best team they have ever played. They do seem stoked about making it to a NY6 bowl, but it sounds like they were hoping for the Peach as it is closer to them.