Fiesta Bowl: #8 Oregon v #23 Liberty (Jan 1, Mon 10 AM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Re: Fiesta Bowl: #8 Oregon v #23 Liberty (Jan 1, Mon 10 AM E

Post by duckpoint »

greenyellow wrote:Liberty has it's own delusional fan.
...And Liberty's best win was against 10-4 CUSA New Mexico St., who lost to Hawaii (best win Jacksonville St.?).

A lot of opt outs is their only hope to keep it close!
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Well OBVIOUSLY they beat NMSU not once, but TWICE the poster says, so that is the same thing as beating Oregon right?
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Phalanx wrote:
Found a forum and pretty much every fan there seemed pretty realistic about their chances. Their initial hopes were that more ducks would be sitting out, and then they saw Bo's announcement. Some are saying Oregon is the best team they have ever played. They do seem stoked about making it to a NY6 bowl, but it sounds like they were hoping for the Peach as it is closer to them.
Was checking out their forums at lunch and they have an odd fanbase. Once the game was announced no one seemed to care WHO they were playing, in fact it was two pages later someone mentioned Oregon, the rest of them were booking flights. Seems they more excited to just be making the trip.

At least we know now they travel well. Will make the game more fun with more butts in the seats. Not sure how excited Oregon fans are for this matchup. We might not travel well.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

QuackininBama wrote:Well OBVIOUSLY they beat NMSU not once, but TWICE the poster says, so that is the same thing as beating Oregon right?
We beat NMSU zero times, so he DOES have a point.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Another advantage for Liberty... their fans who attend the game are probably better at waking up early on sleep-in days than the rest of us so they'll have more juice for the game.

I'll still be sucking down coffee and probably won't get a chance to shower until halftime.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

I don’t know y’all. Let’s not slander their ability to tailgate just yet.

If you watch the Hulu documentary (“God Forbid”) on Falwell, Jr. that dude and his wife like to party. Like, several different ways including booze and, ahem, other kinds of things. I’m here for it.

Schools that are “Christian” are usually full of wild people who take their fun off campus. I speak from experience.

I bet they can hang at tailgates more than you might think.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

bdkipe wrote:I don’t know y’all. Let’s not slander their ability to tailgate just yet.

If you watch the Hulu documentary (“God Forbid”) on Falwell, Jr. that dude and his wife like to party. Like, several different ways including booze and, ahem, other kinds of things. I’m here for it.

Schools that are “Christian” are usually full of wild people who take their fun off campus. I speak from experience.

I bet they can hang at tailgates more than you might think.
^this guy gets it. The two wildest weekends of my life took place in NYC and Provo, UT. Not sure what that says about me, but that's probably best left between me and my therapist :lol:
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

QuackininBama wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
Found a forum and pretty much every fan there seemed pretty realistic about their chances. Their initial hopes were that more ducks would be sitting out, and then they saw Bo's announcement. Some are saying Oregon is the best team they have ever played. They do seem stoked about making it to a NY6 bowl, but it sounds like they were hoping for the Peach as it is closer to them.
Was checking out their forums at lunch and they have an odd fanbase. Once the game was announced no one seemed to care WHO they were playing, in fact it was two pages later someone mentioned Oregon, the rest of them were booking flights. Seems they more excited to just be making the trip.

At least we know now they travel well. Will make the game more fun with more butts in the seats. Not sure how excited Oregon fans are for this matchup. We might not travel well.
Seems not unlike the Oregon fan reaction to the Independence Bowl of 1989... My, how far we've come!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

woundedknees wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

Seems not unlike the Oregon fan reaction to the Independence Bowl of 1989... My, how far we've come!
Seems we have arrived in a sense. I remember where we would be stoked to play in NY6 bowl. We're collectively going, well meh.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

As expected, Oregon's young DBs will be getting plenty of playing time with CB Khyree Jackson entering the NFL Draft.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Zyme wrote:
woundedknees wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

Seems we have arrived in a sense. I remember where we would be stoked to play in NY6 bowl. We're collectively going, well meh.

I don't think it's the Bowl game. It's the opponent. As of right now the Ducks are two three point losses to UW away from being undefeated, and one game away from being in the CFP. That stings.

The Fiesta Bowl isn't a bad landing place at all. It's just that after the season we had it feels like we deserve a better opponent.

There's still something to be said for a 12-2 season, assuming we win.

I sure hope the coaches can keep the players focused on the game.
John 3:36
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Liberty has lost one of their starting CBs to the transfer portal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Moga will graduate early and participate in bowl practices. Probably will be a few others who do so as well. Edit: Rushing will as well.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Probably no chance these guys get snaps, huh?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Probably no chance these guys get snaps, huh?
Highly doubt Moga does but I could see Rushing getting a few 4th quarter snaps if it’s a blowout; but then again I know nothing about this.