Bo Nix to play in Fiesta Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Bo Nix to play in Fiesta Bowl

Post by greenyellow »

In a bit of good news, Lanning has said that Bo Nix already told the team he wants to play in the Fiesta Bowl.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Re: Bo Nix to play in Fiesta Bowl

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Let's Bo Ducks! I hope everyone follows his lead and decides to play in the game. Would be a wonderful FU to the haters, for Oregon to have everyone play and beat Liberty by 6-7 TD's.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

I know I’m beating a dead horse, but kind of bummed he chose to play. That said, can’t be upset he wants to finish out his career, and i suppose secure that single season completion record. Suppose we’ll just never see what could have been with Ty.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

droop10 wrote:I know I’m beating a dead horse, but kind of bummed he chose to play. That said, can’t be upset he wants to finish out his career, and i suppose secure that single season completion record. Suppose we’ll just never see what could have been with Ty.
Why? Is Ty planning to transfer?
John 3:36
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

I'm sure Bo doesn't want to go out on a loss and I respect the commitment, but sure would love to see Ty get a shot at the game.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Nice! I'm excited to watch an Oregon beatdown on New Year's Day. Also great to know we won't be losing to Liberty.

And I'm sure we'll get to see lots of Ty in the fourth quarter.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

SuperDuck wrote:
droop10 wrote:I know I’m beating a dead horse, but kind of bummed he chose to play. That said, can’t be upset he wants to finish out his career, and i suppose secure that single season completion record. Suppose we’ll just never see what could have been with Ty.
I’ve just reached a point where I’m fairly certain they’re going to get a transfer. Too much smoke around Ward. At that point, I’m not sure why Thompson would or should stick around. Would just risk wasting another year and potentially having it happen again next year.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Hopefully Bo plays the first series of the second half and that's it. That would mean the ducks are winning big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If tt was worthy of starting, we wouldn’t be hitting the portal so hard. I don’t get why people would rather lose with TT rather than win with Bo
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

buckmarkduck wrote:If tt was worthy of starting, we wouldn’t be hitting the portal so hard. I don’t get why people would rather lose with TT rather than win with Bo
I still think Ty is a great back up and could win you a game or two if your starter is injured. His arm talent is undeniable and he is well liked on the team. He is a good kid and a hard worker. I just hope it clicks for him someday because the processing defenses/pattern recognition part of the game continues to elude him.
duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckpoint »

buckmarkduck wrote:If tt was worthy of starting, we wouldn’t be hitting the portal so hard. I don’t get why people would rather lose with TT rather than win with Bo
Who says they are hitting the portal hard for a QB other than unconfirmed rumors and fan speculations?

I'm not saying they wouldn't grab a great one out of transfer, but I don't see anything from official channels that they are desperate to find one.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Isn't every school hitting the portal hard, and I haven't heard anything about Oregon going after a quarterback. It may not hurt for depth purposes, but who exactly are they after so hard?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

squintsdd wrote:
Isn't every school hitting the portal hard, and I haven't heard anything about Oregon going after a quarterback. It may not hurt for depth purposes, but who exactly are they after so hard?

UO is for sure hitting the portal hard for a QB. Most are saying Gabriel and even Moore to UO.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

lmduck wrote:Hopefully Bo plays the first series of the second half and that's it. That would mean the ducks are winning big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm with you IMDUCK! This speaks volumes to the kinda competitor Bo is. I'm confident that he and his Senior teammates will finish their Duck careers as winners! Next stop for Bo? Hope my Rams get the opportunity to bring him to LA. Sco' Ducks!!!!!
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

droop10 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
I’ve just reached a point where I’m fairly certain they’re going to get a transfer. Too much smoke around Ward. At that point, I’m not sure why Thompson would or should stick around. Would just risk wasting another year and potentially having it happen again next year.

I think it may come down to how much eligibility an incoming QB still has. If it's 2 years or more, I'd hope that TT transfers for his own good. However, if it were just a one year deal, like Cam Ward, he may want to stick around another year.

Just sayin'.
John 3:36