WBB: Oregon @ OSU (Dec. 31, Sun 2 PM Pac-12 Oregon)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DEC. 31 (SUN) 2 PM
OREGON STATE
CORVALLIS
TV: PAC-12 OREGON
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB: Oregon @ OSU (Dec. 31, Sun 2 PM Pac-12 Oregon)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

OSU is easily the most underrated team in the conference at this point. Undefeated, three McDonald game all stars playing well (1 playing great), super strong bench.

I suspect a deep, talented and motivated team is going to give us a butt kicking. Going to record it, watch it fast and then I suspect delete quickly.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

23-15 Ducks at halftime.

Oregon
Oregon
ON THE COURT FG 3PT REB AST PF PTS
G. VanSlooten
F
4-8 0-0 1 0 2 8
K. Basham
F
2-4 0-0 3 1 1 4
P. Kyei
C
1-3 0-0 11 1 0 2
S. Bell
G
0-5 0-3 1 1 0 0
C. Gray
G
2-7 1-2 2 2 1 5
Oregon St
Oregon St
ON THE COURT FG 3PT REB AST PF PTS
R. Beers
F
3-6 0-0 7 0 0 6
K. Rees
F
0-4 0-0 0 0 0 0
D. Hunter
G
0-2 0-2 0 1 0 0
T. von Oelhoffen
G
1-5 0-1 3 4 0 2
AJ Marotte
G
2-3 1-2 0 0 1 5
Full Box Score
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

First half was fools gold. Even though we were ahead we only scored 23 points. All it took was for the other team to slow down and make some baskets for them to zip right by us.

I sure miss coach Campbell and Xavi who are at TCU. They’ve turned that program around in year one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

The team somehow led for over half the game, and ended up losing a blowout.
It's just a rough road.
Are these UW Huskies on the coaching staff doing a purpose sabatoge? kidding of course

A little disheartening to see players of our great era team visit TCU a lot and not here.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Does anyone else think there may be another exodus of players into the portal? The PAC-12 is loaded with good teams but something is wrong with this team. I'm not an expert and don't pretend to know. They're not playing near their ability. Is it coaching?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Gonna be a long year. How hot do you think KG's seat is going to be after this year?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

nogerO wrote:Gonna be a long year. How hot do you think KG's seat is going to be after this year?
He should resign after this year.
There have been signs of problems for years now
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

What's crazy was the 2022 class was the #2 recruiting class in the country...
You wouldn't think that looking at them right now.

Another mind boggling thing is a lot of the transfer outs are starting for big time programs and doing really well.
If you look at Kylee Watson's highlights you'd she would be the next Ruthy Hebard had she stayed here.
Other transfers talk about being able to leave such awful traumatic experience (Sydney Parrish on youtube) while they were here.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

shoparound wrote:What's crazy was the 2022 class was the #2 recruiting class in the country...
You wouldn't think that looking at them right now.
The 2022 class is 3 of the starters, the 4th member of that class who we could have really used quit mid season to deal with bulimia and hasn't returned to any roster yet. A solid contributing class so far.

2021 was a complete non-factor but that was sorta of intentional as the roster was overcrowded.

2020 was the disaster as all 5 players are gone and starting on other highly ranked teams. If a couple of them had stuck around this team with the 2022 class would have formed a decent team even in this conference.

The team this year has some good defenders but the perimeter offence in shooting, penetration and shoot creation sucks. The problem is in the players available. This could be a good team with 2 of PaoPao (the anchor of #1 SC), Rogers (Playing an effective PG role at A&M), Scheer (strong do it all at Kentucky), Amari Whiting (excellent start playing for her mother at BYU), Peyton Scott (injured in first 5 minutes of the exhibition game). Even one of them would have provided some balance to the current offense with only 3-1/2 players who can score.

The question is why all the losses. Obviously, some like Whiting, Scott and Issah were bad luck and not on the coaches. The other transfers though, I question why. OSU was getting absolutely hammered with transfer losses and then after a mass exodus a couple of seasons ago it stopped and they have put together a nice team again. Like OSU something or someone was poisoning the locker room. I'd love to know what has been the problem at Oregon if there indeed was one. I suspect Pao Pao, Rogers and Prince all were influenced and recruited by/with NIL. The SEC schools dominated the big names in the Transfer Portal. Does Oregon do NIL for Women's Basketball?