Go beevs

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Go beevs

Post by nogerO »

Make the nayshun proud! They’re going to rue the day they decided to keep playing the civil war. Some real a$$ whippings coming :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Re: Go beevs

Post by mrpd21 »

Okay fellow Duck fan this is a terrible take IMO. First off they lost their head coach, their top two quarterbacks, a bunch of other players as well additional position coaches. Outside of the CFB playoffs I feel like we all know these bowl games are not only (often) irrelevant but non-representative of the regular season. You can't even compare the regular season Beavers with them in this game.

Lastly...I feel like they were far more relatable this game for us Duck fans given what we have gone through with so many coaching carousel issues in the last decade. Let's have a little grace for our little brother during this uncertain time.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I think noger’s point is that the Beavs admin and fans have shown us zero “grace” with their legal attacks and blame placing for their current predicament.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Thought it was cool to see a local kid from Regis get in the game on that 2pt conversion.

Anyways, I'm reminded of Carl Jung on the Book of Job: Is it worth a Lions while to terrorize a Mouse?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

UofDuck wrote:I think noger’s point is that the Beavs admin and fans have shown us zero “grace” with their legal attacks and blame placing for their current predicament.
That and the fact that intelligent people could see for the last few years this collapse of the Pac was inevitable. Oregon to their credit was ready to do what it took to secure our future as a football power. OSewe? Not so much. “WE OWN THE STATE!” VHS tape ring a bell? Insufferable bunch the die hard beevur nayshun fans, that for the most part, I’ve encountered at greaser , Autzen and out in public. Screw em they’ve made their bed so let them roll in it.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote:Thought it was cool to see a local kid from Regis get in the game on that 2pt conversion.

Anyways, I'm reminded of Carl Jung on the Book of Job: Is it worth a Lions while to terrorize a Mouse?
Interesting. I guess when I think about it, Jung trying to interact with the book of Job is a bit like the Beavers' interaction with Notre Dame. Sometimes one bites off more than one can chew.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

They looked like a mountain west team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

UOducksTK1 wrote:They looked like a mountain west team.
A mountain west team would've put up more of a fight
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Boo hoo for Beavis. Say no to rodentia.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Thought it was cool to see a local kid from Regis get in the game on that 2pt conversion.

Interesting. I guess when I think about it, Jung trying to interact with the book of Job is a bit like the Beavers' interaction with Notre Dame. Sometimes one bites off more than one can chew.
No, more all like all these people saying how OSU means nothing to them but they can't stop talking about them.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Wow you guys are brutal, you do realize the Beavs had their firs and second team QB’s sit out, their starting RB sat out, TE sat-out kicker sat out, LB sat out safety sat out……… their head coach baled on them along with other coaches… then the whole PAC 2 situation. Do you think they may have been a little deflated?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Alan wrote:Wow you guys are brutal, you do realize the Beavs had their firs and second team QB’s sit out, their starting RB sat out, TE sat-out kicker sat out, LB sat out safety sat out……… their head coach baled on them along with other coaches… then the whole PAC 2 situation. Do you think they may have been a little deflated?
Sneak peak of next year’s team!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Alan wrote:Wow you guys are brutal, you do realize the Beavs had their firs and second team QB’s sit out, their starting RB sat out, TE sat-out kicker sat out, LB sat out safety sat out……… their head coach baled on them along with other coaches… then the whole PAC 2 situation. Do you think they may have been a little deflated?
Sneak peak of next year’s team!
They won’t be so deflated next year, meaning the players who stick around. They won’t get the caliber player Smith did but.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OSu fans still get more enjoyment from an Oregon L than a beav win.

And for the beaver fan s here, they will be as bad as they looked. The hired a terrible OC, and we’ve seen what the DC looks like up close. 6-6 next year tops. Hopefully they go on another run of 28 losing seasons in a row.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Regular visits to “The Bottom Ten” awaits for the osewe naysun. :lol: