Playoffs

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Playoffs

Post by Phalanx »

Just watched Michigan vs Alabama. So glad Michigan won (even though I am not a Wolverine fan normally).

Really curious how Penix is going to do v. the big boys. I know most here hope they fall on their face, but I am torn. On one hand, northwest football certainly looks better if Washington wins. On the other, Husky fans will be insufferable for eternity.

Anyway, as I type this, Penix just threw a really long pass to start the game, and now Huskies are up 7-0. We'll see what Texas has in response.

Can't help felling like Oregon belonged in the playoffs instead of all these teams with awful QB play.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Playoffs

Post by Duck07 »

IF they were to win their next 2 games it means its easily their best team/season ever.

I don't want that for them even if they are fun to watch when they've got it going on offense.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

All B1G final?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:All B1G final?
Looking like it.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Georgia would have been a better opponent to beat UW. I consider them more of a big boy opponent than Texas.

Husky fans are one of the delusional and insufferable fan bases. They've been extremely lucky with not having any injuries to their main players at the end of the season and the ball and many calls always seeming to bounce their way.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Does DeBoer get offers from the NFL? Washington should hire him and draft Penix, lol
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck07 wrote:Does DeBoer get offers from the NFL? Washington should hire him and draft Penix, lol
I think there's a better chance that Grubb is the washington head coach in 2024 than DeBoer is. The fact DeBoer hasn't signed a new contract says everything.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Alabama and Texas gonna lose? That would be sweet. Proves the greatest fraud in sports history by excluding FSU.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Obvious push in the back by UW defender. A yellow flag was even thrown on that play. The penalty was then reversed after some collusion by the refs.

That really crumbled any hopes of a weak Texas defense from stopping UW and having one last shot to win the game.

Higher ups want to see a championship game between the top defense and top offense in the country.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Does DeBoer get offers from the NFL? Washington should hire him and draft Penix, lol
I think there's a better chance that Grubb is the washington head coach in 2024 than DeBoer is. The fact DeBoer hasn't signed a new contract says everything.
You think he'll end up on NFL short lists or with a job like Michigan when Harbaugh does leave?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Either. I think either he gets and NFL job, or Harbaugh does and he goes to Ann Arbor.

For the Ducks, I don't know if that's a win or a loss to have both Grubb and DeBoer as opposing coaches if it's the latter.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

This replay looks like it will come down to the original call on the field and stand.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

this is the first time in my life rooting for UW
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

They almost Couged it.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Dillon Johnson got injured before the end. So now, if Odunze suddenly gets disqualified for pot, Washington will have a similar situation to the last time the Ducks played for the championship.