Huskies vs Michigan

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Huskies vs Michigan

Post by nogerO »

Who you got? Why?

I’ll go first. This pains me to no end to say but I’m pulling for the hussies. Now before you try to yank my Duck card, let me explain. In my many years of being a Die hard Duck fanatic- the 2 teams we played every year that I hated most were the huskies and beavers. On a national stage the teams that made me gag were Michigan, dah U, Notre Dame and Row Tied. Michigan and their reprobate coach have secured their spot as most disliked on my list recently. Having lost to the huskies twice by 3 points keeping us out of a shot for a natty in my lifetime, it’s hard for me to want the huskies to win a real natty before we do. But wouldn’t that just serve notice to the folks in the Big 10 (whatever?) that the pac-12 additions aren’t going to be pushovers. Imagine their chagrine when Oregon starts collecting pelts as an actual member of “their” conference? Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t we beat Micjigan and Ohio State in their stadiums recently? Anyway, I digress. I’m going to hold my nose and root for udumb to beat the cheating harbaughs. Maybe he’ll leave Michigan or be fired for his shenanigans.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Huskies vs Michigan

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Go Michigan!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Go Blue!!! Bye Bye Harbaugh, may as well send him out with a big bang!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I really don’t think much of the Huskies and I absolutely will not have anything to do with a team that has such overwhelming evidence that they chested to add wins, Michigan should not be in this game…….. but I cannot say go huskies so I am left with not watching and not caring. Go Ducks! Death penalty to Michigan!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

So the narrative is that Michigan doesn't deserve to be in the championship game even though they just beat Ohio State, Iowa, and Alabama because maybe they took pictures from the stands at the Purdue game?

I can't stomach the Huskies winning a championship so easily after the mountain Oregon has had to climb. Go Wolverines.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Michigan wins but has championships stripped from them... the best possible outcome?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

The too weak to get a broadcast TV deal PAC-12 winning the National Championship in the last football game it plays would be mind blowing. (FY USC/UCLA) The team winning said Championship not being USC/UCLA, the 2 schools too almighty for the rest of the conference a bit of icing (FY USC/UCLA).

I need a Duck07 ruling if we could use the word "ironic" as he prefers the board use the classical definition of the word. I think it fits.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

GrandpaDuck wrote:The too weak to get a broadcast TV deal PAC-12 winning the National Championship in the last football game it plays would be mind blowing.
This alone may be enough to bring a slight smile to my face when it comes to the game, I like the thought.

As far as Michigan, Houston Astro’s, any blatant cheating, meaning mistakes happen once……. Leaving an honest mistake out of the picture, cheating is simply cheating and always done to gain unfair advantage. I doubt much will happen to Michigan, the days of SMU are over.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

StevensTechU wrote:Michigan wins but has championships stripped from them... the best possible outcome?
Yeah! But also HUCK THE FUSKIES
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:The too weak to get a broadcast TV deal PAC-12 winning the National Championship in the last football game it plays would be mind blowing. (FY USC/UCLA) The team winning said Championship not being USC/UCLA, the 2 schools too almighty for the rest of the conference a bit of icing (FY USC/UCLA).

I need a Duck07 ruling if we could use the word "ironic" as he prefers the board use the classical definition of the word. I think it fits.
I think irony would fit in this circumstance
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

would be poetic if michigan wins it all. best possible outcome after having Texas and Bama lose,
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Penix is declared ineligible, Dawgs forfeit this season, and the NCAA replaces them with the Ducks who trounce Big Blue.
One can only dream and reach for the stars.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

duck55 wrote:Penix is declared ineligible, Dawgs forfeit this season, and the NCAA replaces them with the Ducks who trounce Big Blue.
One can only dream and reach for the stars.
Sadly, I believe the UW forfeiture scenario is more likely than any further sanction for the MeatChicken squad.

In that event, though, the powers that be woul likely call for a 'Bama rematch...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

My best friend is a lifelong Michigan fan, grew up idolizing them. He graduated from UO. He’s been talking sh*t all season long, especially last night. He already has crowned Michigan the champs. I hate it, can’t believe his ridiculous allegiance, and I’m pulling for anyone against Michigan, even the Fuskies. He speaks, and has spoken so much crap about the PAC12 over the years. I get the feeling the 4 PAC teams going to the BIG, are still going to be outsiders for the foreseeable future, and they will need to prove themselves. Seems odd, but we (the four) are going to have to crush some teams to get any respect. That respect may partially be earned with a UW victory Monday, as much as I loathe the Fuskies. This, of course, comes with complete confidence we will be a strong challenger in the BIG, and crush the puppies next year.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

On a personal note, I had to endure highly delusional UW friends during our 11 year winning streak against UW. Every year they would say UW is going to not only beat us this year but win a natty. It would annoy the S**t out of me if they did win a natty and I'd have to hear their bs for eternity. They'd prob say this UW team is the best team in the history of college football if they won the natty this year.

From a holistic perspective, a UW win would be a great f u to the other conferences and overall sentiment towards PNW football. However, I don't like the thought of a natty helping the fuskies recruit future talents. We know Deboer's achilles heel is recruiting and that Deboer inherited alot of the difference makers on this UW team. (ex Penix). He's an amazing coach, so lets not make it any any easier for him when we've already lost to UW three times in a row now...