MBB: Oregon @ Washington State (Jan. 6, Sat 7 PM ESPNU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Re: MBB: Oregon @ Washington State (Jan. 6, Sat 7 PM ESPNU)

Post by droop10 »

bellsduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:4-0 in PAC-12 play, didn’t see that coming..
With 2 winable road games coming up.
If you're referring to the Colorado and Utah games, I suspect those will be their 2 most difficult road games of the year, outside of Arizona. I could easily see them going 0-2 in those games without Dante. Even Colorado's worst teams are a nightmare for the Ducks in Boulder, and this is probably the most talented team they've had in years. Utah I feel a little better about, as Altman has generally had their number, but they're much improved and playing in the elevation is always a battle for visiting teams.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

droop10 wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:4-0 in PAC-12 play, didn’t see that coming..
With 2 winable road games coming up.
If you're referring to the Colorado and Utah games, I suspect those will be their 2 most difficult road games of the year, outside of Arizona. I could easily see them going 0-2 in those games without Dante. Even Colorado's worst teams are a nightmare for the Ducks in Boulder, and this is probably the most talented team they've had in years. Utah I feel a little better about, as Altman has generally had their number, but they're much improved and playing in the elevation is always a battle for visiting teams.
No. I misread the schedule. Ignore my previous comment.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Didn't play great defense tonight, really lazy at times, and the refs gave them all sorts of bad foul calls, but we shot really well and took good shots, so that cured it.

Going 2-0 against 2 solid teams on the road is a really great sign. Gonna need Dante and Nasty Nate back eventually to compete against Colorado/Utah/Arizona, but I think we can beat anyone else in the conference without them.
Dante should come back soon but Bittle will be out for a little while longer right? While getting both back would be ideal I think getting just Dante back will cure a lot of the defensive issues.
Bittle February sometime, I believe.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »