MBB: Oregon @ Washington State (Jan. 6, Sat 7 PM ESPNU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: Oregon @ Washington State (Jan. 6, Sat 7 PM ESPNU)

Post by greenyellow »

JAN. 6 (SAT) 7 PM
WASHINGTON STATE
PULLMAN, WA
TV: ESPNU
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: MBB: Oregon @ Washington State (Jan. 6, Sat 7 PM ESPNU)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It feels like the last few years every time Oregon plays at WSU they shoot out of their minds and make a ton of three’s, hoping that isn’t the case this Sat.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Neither team can miss so far! Exciting basketball!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I swear every time Oregon plays at Wazzu they shoot like the Golden St Warriors, they’re making some crazy threes right now.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon playing fairly sloppy but are up 5 courtesy of Oregon hitting their threes. They’ve had a lot of open looks and have taken advantage of it. But overall got some things to clean up, rotations are off on both sides of the court and multiple shot clock violations due to lack of clock awareness and even at the half Tracey made a three after the buzzer caused Barthelemy wasn’t aware of the clock and passed it with too little time remaining.

This team still needs to build chemistry and it will come with time, but this can be the effect of injuries in basketball and changing lineups to accommodate injuries.

I’m really liking what I’m seeing from Cook! Great defender and rebounder!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon wins 89-84 but it was not pretty down the stretch. Good chance we get Dante in a couple weeks when we play at Colorado, no doubt he’ll fix a lot of the defensive issues. Pretty awesome that this team is 4-0 though with the injuries they’ve had! This team is only going to get better!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That was another good game for the most part for Oregon. They really showed how much better of a shooting team they are compared to last year and aren't a half bad defensive team with the limited players they've had most of the season. They should only get better once Cook, Dante, and Bittle are all integrated into the rotation again.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Oregon wins 89-84 but it was not pretty down the stretch. Good chance we get Dante in a couple weeks when we play at Colorado, no doubt he’ll fix a lot of the defensive issues. Pretty awesome that this team is 4-0 though with the injuries they’ve had! This team is only going to get better!
What’s Dorlus up to? Can he play the 5 til Dante is back? Our quarter pound bigs are getting tossed around by guards.

Love the growth Shelstat and Evans are showing, but our interior D is real suspect right now

These first four conference games might have been must win games that prop up our tourney resume if we can win a few against the top half of the conference with Dante back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Thank goodness for those multiple timely 3's with the shot clock running down. Good win.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Didn't play great defense tonight, really lazy at times, and the refs gave them all sorts of bad foul calls, but we shot really well and took good shots, so that cured it.

Going 2-0 against 2 solid teams on the road is a really great sign. Gonna need Dante and Nasty Nate back eventually to compete against Colorado/Utah/Arizona, but I think we can beat anyone else in the conference without them.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:Didn't play great defense tonight, really lazy at times, and the refs gave them all sorts of bad foul calls, but we shot really well and took good shots, so that cured it.

Going 2-0 against 2 solid teams on the road is a really great sign. Gonna need Dante and Nasty Nate back eventually to compete against Colorado/Utah/Arizona, but I think we can beat anyone else in the conference without them.
Dante should come back soon but Bittle will be out for a little while longer right? While getting both back would be ideal I think getting just Dante back will cure a lot of the defensive issues.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

whosyourwally wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Oregon wins 89-84 but it was not pretty down the stretch. Good chance we get Dante in a couple weeks when we play at Colorado, no doubt he’ll fix a lot of the defensive issues. Pretty awesome that this team is 4-0 though with the injuries they’ve had! This team is only going to get better!
What’s Dorlus up to? Can he play the 5 til Dante is back? Our quarter pound bigs are getting tossed around by guards.

Love the growth Shelstat and Evans are showing, but our interior D is real suspect right now

These first four conference games might have been must win games that prop up our tourney resume if we can win a few against the top half of the conference with Dante back.

Well since Dorlus is smaller than pretty much everyone but Rigsby, Keyshawn and Shelstad, wouldn't imagine he'd be a whole lot of help.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pudgejeff wrote:
whosyourwally wrote:

Well since Dorlus is smaller than pretty much everyone but Rigsby, Keyshawn and Shelstad, wouldn't imagine he'd be a whole lot of help.
I'd love to see a 6'8" skinny forward box Dorlus out (if he knows how to rebound).

Honestly the HS kid who just enrolled Elijah Rushing might be the tallest/athletic defender to throw out there. Reminds me of when Ryan Keeling and Sonny Harris tried to get on my Shamrock bball team, lol
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

4-0 in PAC-12 play, didn’t see that coming..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:4-0 in PAC-12 play, didn’t see that coming..
With 2 winable road games coming up.