Poor Washington.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Poor Washington.

Post by nogerO »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Re: Poor Washington.

Post by TheDrake »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Just remember, Ted Bundy was a Husky.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Based on 2023, UW has every right to go into 2024 feeling like the dominant program in the PNW, but cmon... does anybody really feel that way?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Any UW commits/players who had been close to choosing Oregon? If so, I bet Lanning Inc. is already doing its thing.

And no, not once this year have I thought about UW as a dominant program. Kalen DeBoer is a great Xs and Os coach but he didn't build s***. He had one really good year largely with guys who are already there and did little to replenish the cupboard. A "program" is something bigger than one season, built to be good from one year to the next. This year's UW team was pretty good, but Oregon is the far better program with significantly more upside.

UW is a stepping stone. ;)
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by GDuck »

Kalen DeBoer is a very good coach. You don't win the number of close games UW did without being a good game coach. He also brought to town the #1 reason why UW did well over the last 2 years - Penix. So, while I agree UW isn't a dominant program, they are a very good program and DeBoer definitely helped build that.

Living in Seattle area, this week has been crazy regarding UW. Think about the high of playing for a National Championship to the low of losing their head coach today. Plus Seahawks lost Carroll too. Seattle's about to implode.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

KD left UW in a mile h worse situation then he found it. He literally recruited no one for 2 years. And all the portal guys he took are either off to the nfl, or back in the portal right now. They will be starting Lockie at QB at this rate. You hate to see it lol
GDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by GDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:KD left UW in a mile h worse situation then he found it. He literally recruited no one for 2 years. And all the portal guys he took are either off to the nfl, or back in the portal right now. They will be starting Lockie at QB at this rate. You hate to see it lol
Really?! He came to UW after a 4-8 Jimmy Lake season. Yeah, he wasn't the best recruiter and they definitely won't be as good next year, but they are way better off now than when KD came.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Huskies losing all their talented players on offense and now defense.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Hey they just got 12M for their coach leaving, they aren't poor anymore, lol
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Dear God, what a wonderful week for a Duck fan! Keep it coming!
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

I can't say I am happy to see Washington become the new "toilet" as DeBoer dumps them, because that's bad juju/karma/etc. But I can say that I'd rather live in this universal timeline than any other, in regards to the coaching carousal that is occurring right now. This timeline also includes 2008, which was a gloriously hilarious year for huskie football, as well as Oregon's 12-game streak from 2004-2015.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Wow. Saw the Stanford DL who is in the portal said he had just checked into his hotel in Seattle for his visit, when the news broke about KD leaving. That sucks for him.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »