Poor Washington.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Poor Washington.

Post by buckmarkduck »

If UW hires Fisch, they are setting themselves up for another coach leaving soon. He would take the Florida job in a heartbeat when it opens.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:If UW hires Fisch, they are setting themselves up for another coach leaving soon. He would take the Florida job in a heartbeat when it opens.
Agree.

UW needs stability right now . If the AD thinks it's Carroll or Fisch, well then they have even bigger, more serious problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:
lmduck wrote:Does Fisch really want a situation that is a complete rebuild? He's in a pretty good position in terms of the Big 12 and has a very good roster right now.

The conventional wisdom is he stays put for another year and waits for the Florida job to open. Napier's seat is very hot and many think if he doesn't turn it around big time next year he's gone and Fisch would be the guy.
I don't think it's a better situation knowing you still have to bring more players in vs what you've got in Tuscon.

Reportedly Fisch has agreed to an extension with UA, (who is in a worse financial spot that UW) but the Regents haven't met to approve it yet.
Am I missing something? You think UW is okay vs UA?

UW has no QB and guys are all over the portal. It's a rebuild.

Fisch's contract approval is likely a formality.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lmduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
lmduck wrote:Does Fisch really want a situation that is a complete rebuild? He's in a pretty good position in terms of the Big 12 and has a very good roster right now.

The conventional wisdom is he stays put for another year and waits for the Florida job to open. Napier's seat is very hot and many think if he doesn't turn it around big time next year he's gone and Fisch would be the guy.
I don't think it's a better situation knowing you still have to bring more players in vs what you've got in Tuscon.

Reportedly Fisch has agreed to an extension with UA, (who is in a worse financial spot that UW) but the Regents haven't met to approve it yet.

I was agreeing that I don't think its a better situation by comparing it to what he already has in Tuscon.

I do think though for UW it would probably be their best bet and that they may need to accept that another temporary hire isn't the worst thing in the world for them. Does Midwestern Lance Leipold seem like a long-term guy in liberal Seattle?
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Maybe they do hire Fisch but from the outside it seems like an unusual move for him.

We'll never know the real reason for any hire

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Word now is Leipold is the leader.

Fisch working on contract restructuring

https://arizonasports.com/story/3541301 ... -contract/

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:
lmduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

I was agreeing that I don't think its a better situation by comparing it to what he already has in Tuscon.

I do think though for UW it would probably be their best bet and that they may need to accept that another temporary hire isn't the worst thing in the world for them. Does Midwestern Lance Leipold seem like a long-term guy in liberal Seattle?
Uhm-whoever they hire is coaching football not running for mayor so liberal or conservative is not a factor.

pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

In addition to Grubb and Shepherd following DeBoer to UW, looks like he will be retaining DL Freddie Roach and RB Robert Gillespie from Saban's staff.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Can't be Liepold. He just tweeted about getting back to work with his team.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lmduck wrote:Uhm-whoever they hire is coaching football not running for mayor so liberal or conservative is not a factor.
Some people don't like living in certain places because of the politics too.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

pezsez1 wrote:Can't be Liepold. He just tweeted about getting back to work with his team.
And getting a contract extension. Word is he turned the job down.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Fisch would be a decent hire for them but he'd have his pick of much better schools/situations if he waited another year.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Fisch is apparently the only one who was willing to continue talking to UW after their initial calls to reach out to candidates of interest...lol.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Yep- sounds like they are zeroing in on him.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... 2024-big12

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

lmduck wrote:Yep- sounds like they are zeroing in on him.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... 2024-big12

Feldman is very reputable and he is now confirming:

https://x.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/17 ... jjUzBl2_jA