***UPDATE***

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

***UPDATE***

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I upgraded our phpbb forums because they were ancient. Godaddy recommended it.

Unfortunately, this means we lose all our mods and styles. However, Godaddy will be more likely to continue helping us figure out the root cause with an updated phpBB forum.

I still need to update one more increment (went from 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2). But when I upgrade to 3.3, I need to also update our php version from 5.6 to 7.3+. Most hosts will no longer support 5.6 after this year, so this upgrade was inevitable.

Anyway, bare with me this week as I try to get the style looking pretty, do another upgrade, etc. It will take some time...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ***UPDATE***

Post by UOducksTK1 »

*UPDATE*

7 hours of upgrading...

-phpBB fully upgraded to 3.3 (Latest version)
-php upgraded to 8.2 (Latest version supplied by Godaddy and supported by phpBB)
-The "User 'chat4quacks' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource" is still occurring extremely frequently. But this is 100% on godaddy, and they said they hope to have it resolved in next 72 hours.
-This week I will work on getting the style cleaned up.
-I will also have to work on getting tapatalk working again, as I was forced to uninstall it for upgrading.

I may consider switching hosting, because this is the 2nd time Godaddy has left us hanging with their crappy hosting. Anyway, thanks for your patience! And thank goodness we are not in the middle of football season..

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Godaddy is useless. But I did notice we had unearthly amount of guests viewing our forum. At one point on January 10th (which is around when this stuff started), we had 5,000+ users online at once. There's no way as usually we only have a couple hundred online max.

So I banned some IP addresses that I think were super aggressive bots burdening our database sessions, generating in that error. I'm hopeful this is the root cause of the issue we've been seeing.

spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

Want to drop a line and tell you how much I appreciate your efforts in running the site and keeping things going.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

spacefrog13x wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:25 pm Want to drop a line and tell you how much I appreciate your efforts in running the site and keeping things going.
Thanks! Honestly, this one was a toughie. No help from online forums, hosting, or anything.

The good news is we are all up to date on SQL, PHP, and PHPBB!!! So support for normal issues should be better.

ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

spacefrog13x wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:25 pm Want to drop a line and tell you how much I appreciate your efforts in running the site and keeping things going.
X2
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Thanks TK1 for all your hard work! Got a little worried we might have seen the end of the forum, so your work to keep it up is definitely appreciated.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Thanks for your work in getting it back up and running. While I'll miss the old format, this one isn't looking too bad in its early form.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

TK, we appreciate your efforts.
It can't be easy dealing with the riff-raff on a regular basis.
Good to be back!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tapatalk should be up and running. Please let me know if you have any issues.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

So I kept getting 500 errors and more "max_user_connections" errors. So I actually killed wordpress and our main page. It's not being used, so I got rid of it and now things seem faster? Let's give it a few hours to see if the error goes away.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Thanks for the work and I don't mind the changes, especially if it allows us to keep all the old threads too. It's fun to go back and bring up thoughts about things in a given moment.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Hear, hear! Thanks a lot, TK!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Thanks TK
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine