Bo Struggling???

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Bo Struggling???

Post by nogerO »

Last edited by nogerO on Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: B0 Struggling

Post by OregonFan4Life »

At first I thought the article was satire, but as I kept going, I started to think that it’s just a dumb Bo Nix hater that wrote it.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

Article says he is late and inaccurate. Proceeds to share video of him throwing dimes all over the field.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Evan Williams with interception in Senior Bowl.

And Bo looked solid, as usual. Although just for one quarter.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Peenix looked bad all week then decided to not play. He just doesn’t scream nfl qb to me. When he has a little pain he made sure everyone knew about it, now this.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Should have put a question mark at the end of the title of the post.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I've never been sold on Penix as an NFL QB. He's terrible under pressure and would need an amazing O-line to thrive at the next level. And he also doesn't seem to play well when hurt. I just don't see the toughness.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

I feel like this is a great example of "don't believe everything you hear on the internet." I am not an NFL scout, but the articles about Bo don't seem to match the actual video of him at the practices and in the game. There are a lot of them up on Youtube.

Even the Rattler hype articles making it sound like he was Tom Brady and Bo was Ryan Leaf don't match watching the actual game. Very bizarre.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I'd draft Spencer Rattler over Bo, my goodness the comparison between them off the film this year is so drastic.

Bo faced zero pressure this year and last and a good portion of his throws were pre determined. Using that to suggest he can then handle the pressure of an NFL pass rush is a fools judgement. Rattler has shown he can take pressure in a pro system and make the throws. Rattler had some of the lowest turnover worthy throws in spite of all the pressure he faced so when judging these guys you have to take that into account. It's also why Penix will fall too. Sure there's a great arm there, but the decision making and working against pressure haven't shown up. Nix and Penix had some of the most QB friendly schemes with talent around them and as a result a lot of their tape is pretty worthless because of those things.

Now as far as the best fit for Bo goes, I actually think it's with Sean Payton in Denver where Bo's style of play matches better with the Drew Brews rhythm passing offense that does take advantage of presnap reads and quick throws. That's the place I hope he goes because he's athletic enough to stretch the edges on RPOs and hit the pop pass out of it aka the Taysom Hill package.