Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon State @ Oregon (Wed 8 PM FS1)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon State @ Oregon (TV: FS1)
Feb 28 (Wed) 8:00 PM

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Wed 8 PM FS1)

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It was close early but Oregon gets the 78-71 win over OSU in the final Pac-12 Civil War. Kwame Evans had one of his best games ever with 22 points and 9 rebounds. Shelstad had another solid game scoring and controlling the offense. Couisnard came on late with multiple tough drives and drawn fouls after struggling with his shot. It was nice seeing Rigsby break out of his funk with 14 points off the bench.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Not sure of Kwame's family situation or ambitions at all, but man I hope he sticks around another year! He just needs to get more explosive, but love his defensive activity when he's locked in. Has great basketball instincts.

Him, Bittle(fingers crossed),and Shelstad would be a fun core next year. Rigsby, Bam, and Mookie along with them.

Not sure where Vyctorious will be at or if anyone else has eligibility.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrantDuck wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:04 am Not sure of Kwame's family situation or ambitions at all, but man I hope he sticks around another year! He just needs to get more explosive, but love his defensive activity when he's locked in. Has great basketball instincts.

Him, Bittle(fingers crossed),and Shelstad would be a fun core next year. Rigsby, Bam, and Mookie along with them.

Not sure where Vyctorious will be at or if anyone else has eligibility.
I think we saw Evans true potential for the first time this year. Good IQ and can really stretch things out. I actually thought the announcers Chris Bosh comparison was pretty accurate. Perhaps not as lengthy or athletic, but similar skillset and style.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I haven’t watched a ton of Duck basketball this year but definitely seemed like from what I’ve watched confidence was Evans biggest hurdle. He’s a very talented and skilled player.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:24 am I haven’t watched a ton of Duck basketball this year but definitely seemed like from what I’ve watched confidence was Evans biggest hurdle. He’s a very talented and skilled player.
It's a little bit confidence, but also I think just adapting to not being able to get to the rim at will in D1. He's very skilled and a smart player, but not a great outside shooter. He'll definitely continue to improve in that area, but this causes him to be a bit of a tweener at this point. He's not strong enough to bang down low, but also not consistent enough outside to be a threat there. He's been better at driving and getting good looks on lay-ins, so that's definitely helped. I think he was having a hard time getting by bigs early on, and getting a good look at the rim. He's a good player now, that has the potential to be awesome if he sticks around continues to improve.