** OFFICIAL DAN FOUTS/KEITH JACKSON APPRECIATION THREAD **

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rcook
Two Star Recruit

** OFFICIAL DAN FOUTS/KEITH JACKSON APPRECIATION THREAD **

Post by rcook »

I love hearing Bellotti on the osn replays, but I think Giansante is the absolute bottom of the barrel garbage, and Newman is essentially his token sidekick adding very little, but seriously the Keith Jackson, Dan Fouts combo was just awesome.

Fouts being a former duck never hurt, but the overall broadcast was like a 10x upgrade to our current set-up. I wish they were still around. Bellotti's input is great, but the rest of the broadcast is just painful, for me. Thoughts?

Does not like war, fwiw
HugeInTheEug
Three Star Recruit

Re: ** OFFICIAL DAN FOUTS/KEITH JACKSON APPRECIATION THREAD **

Post by HugeInTheEug »

Keith Jackson is the man.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Kieth Jackson is college football to me. I can't imagine another iconic voice that will represent the sport like him again. I thought Fouts was OK and provided some good commentary but I could have done without him as long as Kieth was doing the broadcast.

I think that right now my favorite person to hear is Mike Belotti. Like you said though, it is tough to balance him out with Giansante but I don't think Joe is all that bad. I get a kick out of him sometimes.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I think Anthony Newman is great.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

wheaton4prez wrote:I think Anthony Newman is great.
I concur.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I can see Keith Jackson in his words about this upcoming game.. doing my best Keith Jackson imitation...WOOOOAHHHHHH NELLYYYYY. Keith Jackson was truly the best and will always be in my mind a part of College Football. I know he has retired but would sure love to have him at the CW. I think he would truly enjoy it. Anyone know if Fouts will be at the game. I believe he has a home in I think Sisters.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Dan does still has a home in Sisters. I have seen him in the alumni section in the Moshof and this time.....my hubby won't chicken out to shake his hand. My hubby was at the Air Force game at Autzen when Dan was the QB. I believe it was 1971. He never forgot that game and when faced with one of his heroes, he chickened out. UGH!!! I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. I know, I'm pushy but it's for his own good!
ARGHimaPirate
Three Star Recruit

Post by ARGHimaPirate »

Keith Jackson is the greatest sports commentator EVER. Period.
liberalduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by liberalduck »

ARGHimaPirate wrote:Keith Jackson is the greatest sports commentator EVER. Period.
AMEN!

I loved listening to him. As some others have said, "Keith Jackson is college football." When I think of college football his voice comes into my mind. Of course many of the mental pictures I see at the same time are of Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan and USC. But I'm working on replacing the images with those of Duck teams. :-) I do think Dan Fouts does a good job as well, but I doubt anyone will ever replace Keith Jackson, not on my mind anyway.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

wheaton4prez wrote:I think Anthony Newman is great.
True Dat. He provides really good insight on the action & what is really happening. He's got a ton of experience playing football from his playing days here & in the NFL and he does a good job of sharing it with the viewers. He's not the most articulate guy but that doen't really bother me.

Joe Giansante is a great guy but he tends to get to me. Annoying voice on top of being pretty clueless as to what is going on in the game. And he talks about things other than the game WAY too much. Seems like he's always plugging baseball, womens bball, or some other sport while a play is happening on the field.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

I really wish something would have been worked out for Keith Jackson to do just the Rose Bowl every year... he literally made that game what it is.