greenyellow

Re: Colorado @ Oregon (Thu 6 PM, ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

Buffs will be without two key players.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I don't know why I keep watching this team, lol. I guess it's the talent level.

But holy hell, their defense is so bad most of the time. Bam and Oquendo in particular are just absolute barf defensively. Like if they still had the college basketball video game, the defensive awareness rating would be like 49 for everyone not named Dante.

Also, Diawara should never play. Play #10 at the 5 because Nate Bittle is too soft.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

There needs to be a coaching change, whether it’s Altman or an assistant, the guard play has been such a glaring weakness since the Final Four team. Not sure if Altman lost an assistant that year that coached the guards but they’ve just been so inconsistent and play poor defense since then.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

GrantDuck wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:49 pm I don't know why I keep watching this team, lol. I guess it's the talent level.

But holy hell, their defense is so bad most of the time. Bam and Oquendo in particular are just absolute barf defensively. Like if they still had the college basketball video game, the defensive awareness rating would be like 49 for everyone not named Dante.

Also, Diawara should never play. Play #10 at the 5 because Nate Bittle is too soft.
What makes Bittle soft? Are you referring to the illness you know nothing about, or when he actually plays? Because he’s been his best playing the 5. But yes, the team can be frustrating. Was a Rigsby fan to start the year, but he has started to piss me off with his terrible shot selection. Takes the worst mid range jumpers early in the shot clock repeatedly, and constantly in key moments. That puts them on Arizona’s side of the bracket, so they’ll get 1 win max in the tourney.
GDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by GDuck »

Other than Dante, the defense has been terrible this year. Opposing guards have had their will against us.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Colorado's last 6 possessions were: lay-in, lay-in, foul, foul, miss, lay-in.

The refs were awful in that game, but control what you can.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:02 pm There needs to be a coaching change, whether it’s Altman or an assistant, the guard play has been such a glaring weakness since the Final Four team. Not sure if Altman lost an assistant that year that coached the guards but they’ve just been so inconsistent and play poor defense since then.
The guards play awful collective defense. Shelstad has improved but Oquendo, Bam, and Rigsby are are sub-par defenders. Oquendo makes me the most mad because he's SOOO lazy on defense despite that he's such a good athlete.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks wasted so many chances to win this game with bad shot selection, turnovers, and defensive lapses. There's only so much that Dante, Couisnard, and Shelstad can do to carry this team. Evans has disappeared the last couple games when they really needed him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Oregon will have the 4 seed wrapped up tonight even with the loss as UCLA got hammered by Arizona at home and Utah is getting walloped by OSU in Corvallis.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:59 pm Looks like Oregon will have the 4 seed wrapped up tonight even with the loss as UCLA got hammered by Arizona at home and Utah is getting walloped by OSU in Corvallis.
At this point the only way Oregon makes it to the NCAA tourney is by winning the Pac-12 tourney, so I wonder if Altman will consider sitting Shelstad, Dante, and Cousinard Saturday since the top 4 seeds have already been established.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:33 pm
greenyellow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:59 pm Looks like Oregon will have the 4 seed wrapped up tonight even with the loss as UCLA got hammered by Arizona at home and Utah is getting walloped by OSU in Corvallis.
At this point the only way Oregon makes it to the NCAA tourney is by winning the Pac-12 tourney, so I wonder if Altman will consider sitting Shelstad, Dante, and Cousinard Saturday since the top 4 seeds have already been established.
He would have to play with 5 scholarship players, and this would result in sitting 2 seniors on Senior Night. I get that you're saying the rest would probably help, but I think continuing playing together to try to sort out the defensive issues is probably more valuable than giving them a couple days more rest and getting slaughtered by 70 on senior night against Utah.
Last edited by droop10 on Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah sitting them doesn't make a ton of sense, but maybe not pushing the minutes to their limit would be wise. It would be nice to end the season with a win and get to 20 (again).

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13