Projected roster for next years mens team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Projected roster for next years mens team

Post by greenyellow »

USC signee Trent Perry has been let out of his NLI after Enfield left for SMU. Oregon was a player for him during his recruitment.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

He's good, I'd expect Oregon to be a player for landing him.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Rigsby is entering the transfer portal now after earlier saying he wanted to return. Coaches must have told him any PT was not guaranteed.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 pm Rigsby is entering the transfer portal now after earlier saying he wanted to return. Coaches must have told him any PT was not guaranteed.
Honestly probably best for both parties. He just wasn't playing at a high level when Oregon needed him to. I also think he was a pretty big liability on defense too.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

247 reporting Kwame Evans is in school right now, so looking positive for him to return.

Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Phew. Crazy we have to hear if players intend to come back every freaking year. Annoying to say the least. Every year being a free agent year, drains me. Don’t get me wrong, I believe players should get the bag if deserved. The O-live posts players that played at UO, and their stats where they are currently playing. If they were able to hold on to some of them, a big run would be easy. The list is long, which is discouraging. 5-6 new players or more per year is somewhat fun to see, but if it takes the team a couple months to gel, and takes them out of contention early, not so fun.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It's a whole new world..

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Still seems strange that we haven't heard anything more or less official regarding Evans. Yes, good to hear that he's in school, but I'd like to see a clear statement from him or Altman on his plans for next year.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Everythingsducky wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm Phew. Crazy we have to hear if players intend to come back every freaking year. Annoying to say the least. Every year being a free agent year, drains me. Don’t get me wrong, I believe players should get the bag if deserved. The O-live posts players that played at UO, and their stats where they are currently playing. If they were able to hold on to some of them, a big run would be easy. The list is long, which is discouraging. 5-6 new players or more per year is somewhat fun to see, but if it takes the team a couple months to gel, and takes them out of contention early, not so fun.
Genuinely hope he stays and we get him stronger and more athletic in terms of finishing. I think he can take a major step if he stays with us and works hard.

Portal has a ton of good players this year. We need to do a bit better than past seasons. We shouldn't miss on guys out west like Dalton Knecht last year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon's backcourt rotation is going to look really different now that Oquendo has hit the portal. They've got to take at least two starter level SGs now, preferably ones that can actually shoot and are bigger than PGs.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

To me, it's mutually beneficial that Oquendo/Rigsby move on. The portal has a lot available at the guard spot, so Oregon should upgrade at SG position this offseason.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Oregon is going after a couple former USC commits.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Interesting that N'faly Dante is still on campus. Rumors floating around on multiple other forums that he's requesting a retrospective medical redshirt. We'll see what happens, but would be interesting.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:11 pm Interesting that N'faly Dante is still on campus. Rumors floating around on multiple other forums that he's requesting a retrospective medical redshirt. We'll see what happens, but would be interesting.
I'd be surprised if Dante gets his medical RS but he'd had a decent case for the 2019-20 season.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Evans has announced he's returning, per O-Live. Really good to hear.