James? What the?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OreDucks01284
Senior

Re: James? What the?

Post by OreDucks01284 »

buckmarkduck wrote:It's gone whatever it was.
duckgrad99 wrote:http://uosportsdude.com/2010/02/19/late ... t-looming/

Possible Masoli news. :( Anyone here know anything about this?

False

DuckSportsNews

RT @cmchutes: Rumors about a Masoli arrest are FALSE. Both EPD & Lane Co Jail officials confirm Masoli is not in, has not been in Lane Jail
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Why does it seem as if someone is trying desperately to keep the rumor mill alive?

None of the stuff that keeps popping up concerning Masoli has so far had basis in reality.

I guess no news is good news, unless you have a vested interest in the alternative.
Last edited by woundedknees on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

woundedknees wrote:Why does it seem as if someone is trying desperately to keep the rumor mill alive?

None of the stuff that keeps popping up concerning Masoli has so far had basis in reality.

I guess no news is good news, unless you have a vasted interest in the alternative.
I think you hit the nail on the head..........
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Well unless they play to just ignore the Masoli situation, something has to happen either way sooner or later. We haven't heard anything in weeks, so I'm curious as to what's going on.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

pezsez1 wrote:
What worries me is the measures the judge has taken against LaMichael already. The high bail, the ankle bracelet and the host of other conditions of his release makes it seem like their is sufficient evidence against him.
Part of the answer seems fairly simple to me.

Oregon has very strict domestic violence laws, which are meant to protect victims from domestic violence who may be too fearful or intimidated to follow through with charges. Without these strict laws, many domestic violence offenders would be allowed to immediately return to the home where the victim lives, often resulting in more violence. Part of Oregon's tough DV code is a mandatory arrest on all DV complaints. It's a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach, but the intention of the law is to protect people who cannot protect themselves.

With that in mind, it's fairly easy to see why LMJ had such a high bail amount. Regardless of what he did or didn't do, the bail is automatically set high to provide protection for the alleged victim.
All good points. I think though that $100k bail seems pretty high, even for this type of situation. I could be wrong.
oreducks77
Three Star Recruit

Post by oreducks77 »

David Paulson is in Sigma Nu... think he actually helped restart Sigma Nu, as they were shutdown by the University a few years ago. A lot more athletes are in fraternities than you think.
OregonMAX
Three Star Recruit

Post by OregonMAX »

oreducks77 wrote:David Paulson is in Sigma Nu... think he actually helped restart Sigma Nu, as they were shutdown by the University a few years ago. A lot more athletes are in fraternities than you think.
Tim Taylor was president of Sigma Pi
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

Wasn't John Bacon in a frat when he was here too?
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

As far as Masoli goes last I heard was that the investigation is still ongoing. He has not been named a suspect or person of interest... but te investigation is still open.. so that status could change.

Realistically worse case scenario.. is that both James and Masoli will not be playing this fall.

Last night on KEZI they had an interview with Chip Kelly and he spoke with James. He said all the right things and said was not happy about what the players been doing lately and is very concerned. I am happy to hear that but am still waiting to see what kind of actions he will take once he gets all the facts. He also said is waiting for the legal process to run its course. Hopefully this all runs its course before those of us who have season tickets have to decide if we want to renew which I believe is in April.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:As far as Masoli goes last I heard was that the investigation is still ongoing. He has not been named a suspect or person of interest... but te investigation is still open.. so that status could change.

Realistically worse case scenario.. is that both James and Masoli will not be playing this fall.

Last night on KEZI they had an interview with Chip Kelly and he spoke with James. He said all the right things and said was not happy about what the players been doing lately and is very concerned. I am happy to hear that but am still waiting to see what kind of actions he will take once he gets all the facts. He also said is waiting for the legal process to run its course. Hopefully this all runs its course before those of us who have season tickets have to decide if we want to renew which I believe is in April.
If thats your attitude then please don't renew your tickets. Let some real Duck fans have your seats. Being in Autzen & cheering on the Ducks is a priviledge. Theres thousands of real Duck fans all over the state that would give an arm an a leg for season tickets so please do not renew yours.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:As far as Masoli goes last I heard was that the investigation is still ongoing. He has not been named a suspect or person of interest... but te investigation is still open.. so that status could change.

ya, hopefully I'll get upgraded seats from some dumbass who just gives theirs up because of this offseason!
GoDucks92
Two Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks92 »

I'll take any of your season tickets. :mrgreen:
DuxMan
One Star Recruit

Post by DuxMan »

GoDucks92 wrote:I'll take any of your season tickets. :mrgreen:
I second this guy ^^^^ (:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuxMan wrote:
GoDucks92 wrote:I'll take any of your season tickets. :mrgreen:
I second this guy ^^^^ (:
I'll third it.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

This is a pretty good article on domestic violence laws and how charges are brought forth. It looks like a lot of the laws are cited out of Colorado, but it seems to me that a lot of the laws are the same in many states.

Written by Charles E. Corry, Ph.D. A quick Google of his name brings up plenty of Domestic Violence literature...

http://www.dvmen.org/dv-6.htm#plea

Some "highlights"...
But in all domestic violence cases you are presumed guilty until you can prove your innocence and due process is nonexistent.
In prosecuting domestic violence cases the district attorneys are out to win. Whether you are guilty or innocent is of no consequence to them. They most definitely do not want to be perceived as soft on domestic violence defendants. Further, domestic violence is now being called the new Jim Crow. If you are black you are much more likely to be arrested, convicted, and spend a longer time in jail on domestic violence charges.
In many cases where an abusive female has been arrested for domestic violence she then goes to a shelter or victim's advocate and obtains a civil restraining order against him that forces him out of his own home. The shelter or advocate group will also frequently provide her legal assistance at taxpayer expense. Males, of course, have to pay for their own legal defense.
. The police will enter your home night or day without a warrant and search for evidence of violence. We have repeatedly heard reports that women cut up clothes, scratched or bruised themselves, or broken things in the house, and then blamed their male partner. Deliberate self injury is five times as common as criminal domestic violence but such false allegations and perjury are never prosecuted.
Once reported to medical authorities, the other party in the dispute will be arrested regardless of any physical evidence. The statements of the party seeking medical aid will not be questioned before the trial. Medical evidence and prior history of the accuser, e.g., alcoholism, mental instability, infidelity, prostitution, or pre-existing medical problems of the "victim" will almost certainly be suppressed by the prosecution during trial. From first to last the attitude will be: You are male, you are guilty! And if you are black you are doubly guilty. Domestic violence laws are referred to as the new Jim Crow in black communities.
No warrant for the arrest is required even if it is made days later by officers who never saw or talked to the woman making the accusation.
The District Attorney cannot dismiss a domestic violence case or plea bargain it to anything that does not involve domestic violence C.R.S. § 18-6-801 (3). Realistically, the only way you can clear your record of a domestic violence charge is to go through a jury trial. Bear in mind that the prosecutor will attempt to bluff you about going to trial, and your defense attorney may recommend a plea bargain because he gets paid but doesn't have to go to the time and effort of preparing for trial.
It goes on and on....
Last edited by uodux1212 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK