James? What the?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Re: James? What the?

Post by Sooth »

forgive me if i'm behind the curve here, but from my understanding the accuser was not james' girlfriend and they do not live together. if that is the case, then that begs the question as to how this is domestic violence.

can anyone straighten me out on this?
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Quackles wrote:forgive me if i'm behind the curve here, but from my understanding the accuser was not james' girlfriend and they do not live together. if that is the case, then that begs the question as to how this is domestic violence.

can anyone straighten me out on this?
Because she said she was... apparently, thats all the police need for an arrest.

I was wondering why he couldnt go back to his own apartment...?!? http://www.dvmen.org/dv-6.htm#plea
In order to be released from jail you will be issued a mandatory protection order C.R.S. § 18-1-1001 that you must sign and acknowledge . The protection order will include C.R.S. § 18-1-1001 (3):

(a) An order to vacate or stay away from the home of the victim and to stay away from any other location where the victim is likely to be found. Usually this means you can't go back to your own home even if she doesn't live there or have any claim to be on the property;

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

doesn't that just rip a major hole in her case?

seems awfully calculated to me.
PDXShogun
Four Star Recruit

Post by PDXShogun »

I got an email from a friend of mine who is currently a student. It's hersay so take it FWIW but I thought I'd share it, anyway:
Talked to a friend with the in and the girl was under a restraining order from LaMichael. Apparently it was put in place at the end of last season and there has been at least one incident where the police of had to arrest her and remove her from his property. Apparently she's bat sh*t crazy, too. There's a chance this is made up or self defense... let's hope.
Again, I have nothing to prove this is true. He also mentioned that it's assumed to be the same girl, but not confirmed. If the woman was under a retraining order I have a hard time believing that media wouldn't have caught onto that by now; but considering the woman identified herself as his girlfriend to the police, and his real girlfriend said it wasn't her, it makes some sense. That alone makes her look a little crazy.
Last edited by PDXShogun on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks as if James is still restricted from campus and may have to move somewhere else
http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index ... egal-team/
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This is absurd... what provisions are in place to protect people like James, who clearly did not do anything with the intent to hurt anyone?

If James ends up flunking classes and losing eligibility -- and then these charges turn out to be bogus -- then what kind of consequences will this girl face? Anything?

This situation is completely rediculous, and the sad thing is that the local media seems to be missing the story.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Due to his ban from campus, how is he going to class? Is he in danger of flunking out? How would that affect his eligibility? The guy on the radio just said he could flunk out this term, but still be ok for the upcoming season if he went to summer school and was enrolled for fall....?!? Is that right? Can anyone clear this up?

Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

What a friggin mess LMJ got himself into, bet he would give anything to get back those few minutes that he apparently lost it. ...And the Ducks could end up losing one of the best backs in the country with 3 years of eligibility left. That would really hurt even though we were lucky enough to get Seastrunk.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... s_lam.html
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Good God this is so ridiculous. LaMike could be completely innocent but he's going to get absolutely freaking screwed either way. Domestic Violence laws are so over the top. Theres nothing to protect the accused.... unbelievable.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Bigducker wrote:What a friggin mess LMJ got himself into, bet he would give anything to get back those few minutes that he apparently lost it. ...And the Ducks could end up losing one of the best backs in the country with 3 years of eligibility left. That would really hurt even though we were lucky enough to get Seastrunk.

uh-oh.... :shock:

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Innocent or guilty, I just want to know what really happened. Considering there hasn't even been a trial yet, all of this seems extremely harsh unless they already have guaranteed evidence that LMJ did something.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

uodux1212 wrote:
Bigducker wrote:What a friggin mess LMJ got himself into, bet he would give anything to get back those few minutes that he apparently lost it. ...And the Ducks could end up losing one of the best backs in the country with 3 years of eligibility left. That would really hurt even though we were lucky enough to get Seastrunk.

uh-oh.... :shock:
Ya this is ridiculous. laMikael needs to get himself a better lawyer.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Maybe in the future, everyone will look out the spy hole in the front door, and refuse to open it at 2:30 AM... Bet James wishes he had done that.

What's really dumb is that James isn't allowed to go anywhere, until after the trial.

Doing so without permission from that judge would be considered flight to avoid prosecution, and that, folks, is a felony!
Last edited by woundedknees on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I understand the urge to of instituted a two-mile restraining order because sometime a woman does need that kind of protection from her husband or boyfriend or whatever, but this is really unfair to LMJ. They're depriving him of his rights without any form of due process. I don't see how this bullshit law is constitutional.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

uodux1212 wrote:Due to his ban from campus, how is he going to class? Is he in danger of flunking out? How would that affect his eligibility? The guy on the radio just said he could flunk out this term, but still be ok for the upcoming season if he went to summer school and was enrolled for fall....?!? Is that right? Can anyone clear this up?

From Rob/RG... http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index ... egal-team/

Rob Moseley

Just talking out loud, I tend to think what could happen here is that James would be ineligible for spring football and the outdoor track season if his winter quarter classes can’t be completed. Then, if he took a full slate in the spring and summer, he’d be good to go for the fall.
The Ducks have been in contact with the NCAA today for a waiver that would allow LaMichael James to continue staying with James Harris.

And they’re still hoping to find a way to work with his professors so that James can complete the winter academic quarter, which began Jan. 4 and ends March 19. If he can’t, he’ll have to complete enough credits in the spring to give him a combined 27 from the fall and spring, allowing him to complete nine during the summer and get to the required 36 he’d need for 2009-10 in order to play in the fall. I don’t know how many he completed in the fall.
Last edited by uodux1212 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.