Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: Kelly on Bald Face Truth

Post by Duck24 »

duckgrad99 wrote:
GoDucks92 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:Kelly is the man!!!

OH MY GOD. Where did you get that pic in your sig? Did you make that? I was seriously laughing out loud for about 5 straight minutes. :lol: :lol:

I found it online through a link somewhere on twitter. Obviously all of this isn't funny, but I think we could all use a laugh right now. Besides, hopefully people don't take the picture seriously. :)
I got that same picture e-mailed to me at work yesterday, by the Director of HR no less. I got a good laugh out of it and passed it on. At this point, all of these off the field distractions have become quite comical. I mean, how can one not laugh at Kiko getting picked up 14 hours after Chip's presser and then Jamere's reaction? (Not laughing about the charge as DUI is a serious charge, just the decision making/thought process).
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

One thing that still bothers me about Canzano in the interview is that when Chip reminded him that you can't suspend someone when there's nothing to be suspended from, he glossed over it.

Canzano wants LMJ to be suspended pending further info. Suspended from doing nothing in the offseason anyway? What's the point of that?

Not that I would expect more from the douche...

My gut tells he that he doesn't care one way or another about Oregon. He just wants his face out there so he can get away from the Oregonian before it folds.
PDXShogun
Four Star Recruit

Post by PDXShogun »

Canzano kept asking what the harm is in making this a symbolic suspension to send a message to the rest of the team. The harm is that it would, at least give the apperance, that he is proclaiming his player is guilty of something. Chip is not the DA or the police investigator so he only has one side of the story. I have no problem supporting his player until it is proven otherwise. That's what a leader should do.

Apparently Canzano learned NOTHING from the Duke Lacrosse scandal. A lot of people ended up looking really bad on that one. Too bad patience and rational thought doesn't sell papers like knee-jerk reactions and sensationalism.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I don't like Kelly's answer of "there's nothing to be suspended from". That's like saying you wouldn't suspend a fifth-stringer because he's not going to play anyway. I think the right answer there is "because we don't suspend a kid if we don't know that he's done something wrong, John. Feel free to blow me though." Kelly started talking more about that at the end of the interview (the legendary 'your parents didn't love you' thing), but still, that's the correct response to that indefinite suspension bullshit.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Tray Dub wrote:I don't like Kelly's answer of "there's nothing to be suspended from". That's like saying you wouldn't suspend a fifth-stringer because he's not going to play anyway. I think the right answer there is "because we don't suspend a kid if we don't know that he's done something wrong, John. Feel free to blow me though." Kelly started talking more about that at the end of the interview (the legendary 'your parents didn't love you' thing), but still, that's the correct response to that indefinite suspension bullshit.
:lol:

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com ... s2+(EDSBS)

EDSBS sounds off fully supporting Coach Kelly.

"the host playing the part of an extremely petulant toddler denied a pudding pop and Kelly displaying sidestep skills of positively Mack Brownian smooveness."
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Hoagduck wrote:http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com ... s2+(EDSBS)

EDSBS sounds off fully supporting Coach Kelly.

"the host playing the part of an extremely petulant toddler denied a pudding pop and Kelly displaying sidestep skills of positively Mack Brownian smooveness."
Perfect description!! Came across this on the Every Day Should Be Saturday website you guys provided. Ha!!!!

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

after listening to this, here is what i think happened.

Kelly keeps saying he wont act until he has all the facts.
He also says he trusts what his players tell him.

I think Kiko admitted to Kelly that he was driving drunk. Thus, Kelly has all the facts he needs to make his decision.
I think LmJ tells Kelly he's innocent, or that isn't the way it went down. Thus, Kelly is waiting for the court to make a decision.

Not sure why JC couldn't come to that in his own mind.

Actually.... yes I can.

Anyway, just a scenario that makes all this make sense, and keeps me respecting Kelly's due process.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Kelly's last quote:

"Well.... maybe your parents didn't believe in you."

JC's last quote:

"Well... Maybe...."

Awesome.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Tray Dub wrote:I don't like Kelly's answer of "there's nothing to be suspended from". That's like saying you wouldn't suspend a fifth-stringer because he's not going to play anyway. I think the right answer there is "because we don't suspend a kid if we don't know that he's done something wrong, John. Feel free to blow me though." Kelly started talking more about that at the end of the interview (the legendary 'your parents didn't love you' thing), but still, that's the correct response to that indefinite suspension bullshit.
I agree.

I think he might have been trying to be careful not to appear to be doubting the girl since that's such a sensitive subject.
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

wheaton4prez wrote:
I agree.

I think he might have been trying to be careful not to appear to be doubting the girl since that's such a sensitive subject.
I doubt her. It doesn't mean that I am right though.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Chip called clown this morning and they had a 31 minute convo... JC addes some updates to a few of his comments from his blog this morning... for example...

http://www.955thegame.com/Canzano---The ... th/6437265
B) I am troubled by Kelly's insinuation that LaMichael James' accuser isn't telling the truth. He wouldn't answer that question directly, but he went far enough. We're talking about domestic violence charges. Serious accusations. At one point, Kelly said, "I believe my guy." By continuing to not accept the already established facts provided by investigators and the district attorney Kelly is essentially casting doubt upon her credibility. That's deeply troubling to me and given that the Ducks have three players who have been charged with assaults against women, I'm not cool with it. Let the facts come out? Yes. Absolutely. We're all for that legally. But why not suspend James pending the outcome of the investigation? If he's cleared, you've lost nothing. If he's not, you haven't publicly undermined the victim and fed into the idea that it's not safe for someone who may have been victimized, or is victimized in the future, to go public.
(UPDATE: Kelly said he read this post and wanted to be sure people knew that he's not doubting the accuser. He said, "I want to be clear that I've only heard one side of the story. I can't even get her side. If I didn't make that clear on the air yesterday, I'm sorry. Domestic violence is a serious thing to me.")

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Canzano is like that friend of yours who broke up with her boyfriend & that's all she talks about........constantly & continually. Eventually you avoid her like the plague because you know she's going to start up with it again.

All he knows is bash the Ducks, bash the Ducks. Sensationalize any difficulty that arises and make sure he beats that dead horse a million times over. He completely ignores everything else (facts included) that would shift any focus off of "why isn't LaMichael James suspended". I feel sorry for anybody that follows this guy & believes his garbage.
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

There he goes conveniently changing the argument again. First, it was James needs to be suspended to corral in the players who are out of control. Then when he tripped over himself through the course of interview and stated that he talked to 25-30 Oregon players and they are terrified to even breathe because they're afraid Kelly might toss them off the team.

Oops, he just contradicted himself breaking his entire argument in half. Now it's about protecting women from unruly Duck football players. This is just getting sad.
Howry
Three Star Recruit

Post by Howry »

Ya he did contradict himself.

First because CK reinstated Blount people feel they can get away with things since they feel there isnt a serious consequence.

Second he comes back and says there are 25-30 guys that are afraid of CK.

Well, which is it? They can get away with anything they want or they are scared to death?