Best thing from the Crapzano Interview

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Best thing from the Crapzano Interview

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Chip told Canzano that once this whole thing comes out with Lamike that he should have him back on the show so Canzano can apologize. In other words, Chip knows LaMike is innocent.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Re: Best thing from the Crapzano Interview

Post by ducksin2010 »

Or the punishment will be harsh and Canzano is wrong now for questioning Kelly's punishment tactics. Let's hope for your interpretation.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

While I agree that Chip and the program know facts we dont yet, I am curious to see how the courts are moving forward if it is so clear cut that he is innocent
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

Penky26 wrote:While I agree that Chip and the program know facts we dont yet, I am curious to see how the courts are moving forward if it is so clear cut that he is innocent
A court tries a case out of shear obligation in most highly publicized instances. Once it was reported that LaMichael James had been arrested and accused of assaulting a female, it was all over from there. There's no way the DA gets away without pursuing it, regardless of how "he said-she said" the proof is for them.
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 05duck »

I hope he is cleared too. But what happens if he can't finish his summer classes? The judge wont let him on campus to go to class, cant finish classes, not able to play in the fall!!!!
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

Basically from what I understand is that he spoke with LaMichael and LaMike claimed his innocence to Chip. And Chip has stated that he believes his players. He has said as much in the recent interviews, he just expects the players to be honest with him.

That being said, it doesn't necessarily mean James is innocent or not. And/or there is no telling how things will play in court. LaMike is already basically being railroaded by the judge.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I got to thinking about this the other day. The DA is in a tough spot. If he doesn't hang tough until the court date next month, even if the evidence proves this was a false accusation, it will look as though they brushed this under the rug so they are basically being forced to hold their ground until an appearance next month. They cannot give the appearance of preferential treatment in any way, so unfortunately everything will probably stay as it is until LMJ's court appearance next month.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

My hunch is that the school will do what it needs to do to allow James to do his coursework while this is going on.

I think that the "will he be eligible" story may have been blown out of proportion by the language his lawyers used to try and get an exception for him. Lawyers sometimes frame things in a drastic way to try and win exceptions. "My client really needs you to allow him to do this or he will be in great jeopardy!" Could just be them doing their job trying to lessen their clients inconvenience while things proceed with the case.
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

MFRDuckFan wrote:They cannot give the appearance of preferential treatment in any way, so unfortunately everything will probably stay as it is until LMJ's court appearance next month.
remind me when that is. I skimmed the RG blog page but couldn't find it right away
Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

Oregonian wrote:
Penky26 wrote:While I agree that Chip and the program know facts we dont yet, I am curious to see how the courts are moving forward if it is so clear cut that he is innocent
A court tries a case out of shear obligation in most highly publicized instances. Once it was reported that LaMichael James had been arrested and accused of assaulting a female, it was all over from there. There's no way the DA gets away without pursuing it, regardless of how "he said-she said" the proof is for them.

Some of the DA's out there could care less if a man is innocent or not as long as they get the win ( conviction )

You see it all the time where a guy's conviction is overturned on DNA or other evidence and the DA will still say he's guilty even with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon laws are structured so that every DV ends in arrest and an investigation that will more than likely involve a court case, unless the charges are dropped by the victim. Also, DAs tend to be very strong on DV cases since they don't want to be perceived as weak on DV and risk being voted out in the next election.
hendrg
Three Star Recruit

Post by hendrg »

monster wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:They cannot give the appearance of preferential treatment in any way, so unfortunately everything will probably stay as it is until LMJ's court appearance next month.
remind me when that is. I skimmed the RG blog page but couldn't find it right away
March 24th or so, give or take a few days.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

monster wrote:
I think they said March 24th.
autzenzoo
Three Star Recruit

Post by autzenzoo »

:lol: I love how Chip says he thinks Clownzano gets off on blowing things out of proportion. :lol:
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Question that I have is what requires DV law application? If there is no relationship is this an assault instead?