Moevao, Olander & Kristick stole a golf cart

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Moevao, Olander & Kristick stole a golf cart

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Whats gonna make this all hilarious is when Riley brings the hammer down & suspends Olander for the first quarter of the game against TCU. Remember guys, Riley is such a man of integrity & Chip is the low life that just wants to win at all costs.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If that was your $5-10 Grand that went missing, I am sure you would be all for forgiving everything.

Lots of stuff gets converted to unintended uses by bored teenagers, then casually discarded when they are tired of the experience. Same can be said for a lot of seasoned criminals. When I was a corrections deputy, one of the most common excuses for theft I heard was, "I wanted it, and they had it, so I took it." No regard for the rights of the owners.

So where do you want to draw the line?

BTW... The value of the purloined cart has a lot to do with the charges filed, whether it is recovered or not.

Truth be told, it will probably be plea bargained to a reduced charge anyway, if for no other reason, as a cost saving measure.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote: The golf cart was missing for four days. The golf cart is school/government property. It was found damaged. In a handicapped space. No one fessed up to it, they were caught.

Seems appropriate to me.
Biggus, is that the Cleaner? ;)
It is :)
VERY nice...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

karlhungis wrote:A felony? Wow, way to ruin someones life over a college prank. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I can't imagine growing up in today's climate.
If they were trying to return it, then I agree that's overkill. But if they just stole one, I'm fine with a felony charge. As some people have pointed out, those things are pretty damn costly.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

I said this about the Duck's problems and I'll say it about the Beaver's. it's just way too bad to potentially ruin your life over a stupid decision. All these guys are adults (no matter what people say they're just kids) and they know better. Bottom line. It's sad.
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 05duck »

I'm now reading that Moevao had a few drinks and wanted to go for a joy ride. The other two just came along....Is that not a DUI too?

Beaver fans are now saying..."no crimial intent" keep talking beaver fans.....
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

05duck wrote:I'm now reading that Moevao had a few drinks and wanted to go for a joy ride. The other two just came along....Is that not a DUI too?

Beaver fans are now saying..."no crimial intent" keep talking beaver fans.....
I'm not sure how it works since you don't need a driver's license to operate a golf cart but since it's a motorized vehicle and they probably took it on the road, it could be considered one. I think a DUI would be hard to prove after the fact so I don't think he'll be charged with one. DUIs tend to be issued only if you are caught in the act.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If Moevao was a dumb teenager who had a few drinks, and decided to take my 1969 El Camino for a joy ride, they would call it "Grand Theft Auto", even if he "intended to bring it back".

Sorry guys, but drunk and ignorant are not a valid excuse in the eyes of the law.

BTW, you can get a duii on a bicycle, or while operating a power boat. Stands to reason it can happen on a motorized golf cart.

Somehow I doubt a judge will buy an, "Old enough to know better, too young to resist", defense.

ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Elduderino wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote: The golf cart was missing for four days. The golf cart is school/government property. It was found damaged. In a handicapped space. No one fessed up to it, they were caught.

Seems appropriate to me.
Look, I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished; they should. They didn't however, cause any sort of physical harm to themselves or anyone else. Financially they're on the hook for the cost of the cart, but the fact it belonged to the school/government is irrelevant; stealing is stealing regardless of who owns the property. If anything the notion of recklessly throwing away $4500 worth of government assets looks relatively mild when you compare the amount recklessly thrown away by people we elect.

This potential felony conviction will haunt these guys for the rest of their lives. Is that really what they deserve? Wouldn't the greater good be served by slapping these kids with still serious misdemeanor charge and mandating they get out and do some community service to repay their debt to society? In the end they made a poor choice (I'm going to guess here since the cart was missing at 3:45 a.m.) probably under the influence of alcohol, but hurt no one. I see no need to tattoo these guys as criminals for life.
Well, U obviously dont make the laws....Athlete or not....They did what they did...and if found guilty, must pay the price...Its the way these things work...
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Here's a true story:

"Speedy" was about to be released from jail after spending several months behind bars for theft 2. He was actually an easy guy to get along with, but, to put it bluntly, terminally stupid.

As he walked out the front door, the Sergeant said, "Stay out of trouble, OK?"

Speedy replied, "Yeah, Boss!"

Considerably less than 30 minutes later, he was back behind bars, crying, "But It's not my fault... I didn't do anything wrong! I didn't know the car was stolen!"

His crime?

Speedy was picked up in the parking lot, in front of the jail, by a buddy.

Said buddy was driving a very nice automobile with the door lock punched out, and a screw driver jammed in the ignition switch.

And by coincidence, the vehicle in question was in that parking lot, because one of the employees of the Sheriff's Office parked it there, in an assigned spot, when he arrived for work.

Speedy and his buddy were arrested less than a block from the jail.

Speedy' new charge?

Accessory: Grand Theft Auto.

I never thought to ask Speedy which university in our lovely state he graduated from.

wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Canzano's Take:

Chip Kelly has lost control of the Oregon State program!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Lil' Bro is trying to emulate Big Bro?

What a Crock!

stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

woundedknees wrote:If Moevao was a dumb teenager who had a few drinks, and decided to take my 1969 El Camino for a joy ride, they would call it "Grand Theft Auto", even if he "intended to bring it back".

Sorry guys, but drunk and ignorant are not a valid excuse in the eyes of the law.

BTW, you can get a duii on a bicycle, or while operating a power boat. Stands to reason it can happen on a motorized golf cart.

Somehow I doubt a judge will buy an, "Old enough to know better, too young to resist", defense.
You can definitely get a DUI on a golf cart. Seen it happen.
GO DUCKS!
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:
woundedknees wrote:If Moevao was a dumb teenager who had a few drinks, and decided to take my 1969 El Camino for a joy ride, they would call it "Grand Theft Auto", even if he "intended to bring it back".

You can definitely get a DUI on a golf cart. Seen it happen.
I've seen police footage of people getting DUIs on lawnmowers and even a couple Zambonis.