ANOTHER beefer arrested?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

ANOTHER beefer arrested?

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

Apparently OSewe QB Peter Lalich was arrested for boating under the influence while in Shasta this weekend.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/html/Sheriff ... 7-2010.pdf
(page 27)

I know this was Shasta weekend for OSU students. Could there be another Peter Lalich at OSU? Probably not. Hehe.
GO DUCKS!
greenyellow

Re: ANOTHER beefer arrested?

Post by greenyellow »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:Apparently OSewe QB Peter Lalich was arrested for boating under the influence while in Shasta this weekend.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/html/Sheriff ... 7-2010.pdf
(page 27)

I know this was Shasta weekend for OSU students. Could there be another Peter Lalich at OSU? Probably not. Hehe.
Sure looks like it could be him. His middle name is Todd so the name matches. I wonder if Canzano will be on it or will just move past it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Well this kid has had problems before, so I definitely buy it.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaver ... qb_pe.html
At virginia before transferring to OSU ....

Lalich was arrested in July for underage possession of alcohol, then cited early this month for violating his probation (caught drinking again). It has also been alleged that Lalich smoked marijuana during his probation, but he has denied this.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

until a high profile guy gets arrested (which is an oxymoron of course because the sheep don't have anyone worth talking about) these arrests won't get any national play or criticism, it will be the same "Mike Riley is a god, he has such a good work ethic and is so good at producing good teams with minimal talent and his players are all blue collar good guys who stay out of trouble" blah blah blah.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Lalich was booted from his original school for violation of probation for a DUII, which he voluntarily admitted to his PO.

He was a HS All American before attending Virginia.

Not high profile at all.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Well this kid has had problems before, so I definitely buy it.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaver ... qb_pe.html
At virginia before transferring to OSU ....

Lalich was arrested in July for underage possession of alcohol, then cited early this month for violating his probation (caught drinking again). It has also been alleged that Lalich smoked marijuana during his probation, but he has denied this.
If he is indeed found guilty of a DUI at Shasta, I could see him being sent to jail since he would have violated his probation with another DUI. I also don't see how he's not suspended or even kicked off the team by Riley. If he's not even punished, then Riley would have some explaining to do.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Any golf carts missing?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

poor beaver fans probably had all these clever signs printed up for the civil war and now they can't use them.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Quackles wrote:poor beaver fans probably had all these clever signs printed up for the civil war and now they can't use them.
Beaver fans can come up with clever signs? I didn't think that was possible. :lol:
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

woundedknees wrote:Lalich was booted from his original school for violation of probation for a DUII, which he voluntarily admitted to his PO.

Not high profile at all.
By not high profile, I mean he is someone who most people would not recognize if they saw their name in a headline. James and Masoli are different because they became national headline players so national media could easily throw their name around when there are a hundred other college football players who get arrested every off season. The average person who doesn't follow Virginia Oregon State would see Peter Lalich in a headline and wonder "who is Peter Lalich?" instead of "wow, Peter Lalich got arrested."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DarronThomas1 wrote:
woundedknees wrote:Lalich was booted from his original school for violation of probation for a DUII, which he voluntarily admitted to his PO.

Not high profile at all.
By not high profile, I mean he is someone who most people would not recognize if they saw their name in a headline. James and Masoli are different because they became national headline players so national media could easily throw their name around when there are a hundred other college football players who get arrested every off season. The average person who doesn't follow Virginia Oregon State would see Peter Lalich in a headline and wonder "who is Peter Lalich?" instead of "wow, Peter Lalich got arrested."
The only high profile players they have are the Rodgers brothers, but even they are only known in the Pac-10 football fans. All these recent incidents are even going to be blips on the national radar.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

Maybe if one of the Rodgers brothers got in trouble it would get a blurb on sportscenter, but anyone else? No chance.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Its not that our players are so much more high profile than theirs. What made our arrest such a big deal was our local news stations & papers pounded & pounded & pounded this story till ESPN finally caught on. How many weeks was it till espn finally showed up?

If our local media would have simply reported it & left it at that it would have just gone away. But there was a new opinion article on the situation EVERY FRICKING DAY. George Schroeder had to give his 2 cents on the same story every single day in the sports section.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

Hoagduck wrote:Maybe if one of the Rodgers brothers got in trouble it would get a blurb on sportscenter, but anyone else? No chance.
I don't even know how much negative press the Rodgers brothers could generate, I mean does the average sports fan really care about two 5'6" guys who will be lucky to get drafted in the first 5 rounds and then last more than 3 years in the nfl?
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Its not that our players are so much more high profile than theirs. What made our arrest such a big deal was our local news stations & papers pounded & pounded & pounded this story till ESPN finally caught on. How many weeks was it till espn finally showed up?

If our local media would have simply reported it & left it at that it would have just gone away. But there was a new opinion article on the situation EVERY FRICKING DAY. George Schroeder had to give his 2 cents on the same story every single day in the sports section.

100% truth.