Jake Locker for Heisman? Really??

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofO8
Senior

Re: Jake Locker for Heisman? Really??

Post by UofO8 »

ducksin2010 wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:Media types love him! If he gets UW to 9 wins, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to NYC. But good luck getting 9 wins... :lol:
He has 9 wins in his career... makes sense that he is a heisman candidate in my eyes. GAME CHANGER!! :lol:
This ^^ Hard to take any of this seriously when he has yet to have a winning season...let alone even taken his team to a bowl game. Pretty sure he has almost as many interceptions as he does TD's as well :roll:
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

Don't know if he deserves the #1 QB discussion or all the hype associated with him, but the kid IS talented. His skill set would be absolutely perfect in our offense and would have more wins in 1 season had he worn the green and yellow than he has in his 3 seasons in Seattle. I'd say at this point Luck should be ahead of him given that he has 8 wins as a starter in 1 season rather than an average of 3 wins a season like Locker. And I hate to play devil's advocate here but he was injured for most of '08 (as much as I loved the Husky futility that season :D ), but even then it would average to 4.5 wins a season. We'll see how Luck does w/out Gerhart and how Locker does with decent talent around him this year. They COULD put up Heisman-like numbers/results on the field, but with the talent at the top/middle of the conference with Oregon and OSU (who have both had UW's number the past 6 seasons) and USC not to mention the wildcard teams (UW and Stanford still had some bonehead losses last year to conference teams they probably should have beaten), it won't be easy for them.

All that said, definitely not deserving of the 'best QB in college football' honor. I personally think that, at this point, Kellen Moore is more deserving of Heisman discussion than either Luck or Locker given his success on the field, albeit against lesser competition.
akili1133
Three Star Recruit

Post by akili1133 »

Jake Locker is a Fuskie. The only award he is capable of winning is the manliest female in purple award.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Locker could be the most talented human being ever to set foot on earth but it means nothing when you haven't produced SQUAT. Locker has done zero. He shouldn't be on any college awards list.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

He is 8-22 as a starter........ that is definately worthy of winning a Heisman and being the #1 pick in the draft! :lol: He is very talented and athletic but like someone else said until he wins he shouldn't be in the discussion to win awards, especially the biggest award of all. I don't understand the love affair with the Huskies. If he played for the Ducks or a number of other schools and had that same record there would be no mention of him.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

gofightingducks wrote:He is 8-22 as a starter........ that is definately worthy of winning a Heisman and being the #1 pick in the draft! :lol: He is very talented and athletic but like someone else said until he wins he shouldn't be in the discussion to win awards, especially the biggest award of all. I don't understand the love affair with the Huskies. If he played for the Ducks or a number of other schools and had that same record there would be no mention of him.
^+1^
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gofightingducks wrote:He is 8-22 as a starter........ that is definately worthy of winning a Heisman and being the #1 pick in the draft! :lol: He is very talented and athletic but like someone else said until he wins he shouldn't be in the discussion to win awards, especially the biggest award of all. I don't understand the love affair with the Huskies. If he played for the Ducks or a number of other schools and had that same record there would be no mention of him.
He's like a poor man's Tebow but without the Heismans, NCs, and big-time wins.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

If there is a Heisman quality, #1 nfl type qb in this conference, it's Andrew Luck. I believe Luck will be a super star someday but I can't help but see Locker slinging 3 picks a game for the Bills in 2011.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I laugh at every article that mentions Locker as a Heisman candidate or a future stud in the NFL.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Agreed. Luck appears to fit exactly what the NFL goes for. Accurate pocket passers.