Best Duck Memory?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

akili1133
Three Star Recruit

Best Duck Memory?

Post by akili1133 »

Hey everyone! I just started working graves again and I pretty much just read this forum all night. I was curious what your best duck football memory is? Could be at a game or watching it on TV.

My best memory was when I was 12. I was sitting in the front row of the endzone with my brother, my sisters, my brother-in-law and my dad. It was a back and forth game against the hated Fuskies. The game was saved when Kenny Wheaton jumped an out route and intercepted a Brock Huard pass and returned it for six. Kenny ran the ball into the endzone directly in front of my family and I. I can still hear the gasp from the crowd as he stepped in front of that pass, and the roar as he ran down the field was louder than anything I have heard since. I have obviously been a die hard ever since.

Two years later I was 14 and I sold my playstation to buy season tickets with my 16 year old brother. Best investment I've ever made.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Re: Best Duck Memory?

Post by freedjr »

I'm a relatively newer Duck fan compared to most people on the board, but my best Duck memory was the end of the Oklahoma/Oregon game in '06. It was my first time to Autzen, but that game is directly responsible for me becoming a huge Ducks fan. (I'm not a complete tool though...most of my friends went to Oregon and I did visit them a few times. I went to a NAIA school so I see myself as a free agent who signed a lifetime contract with a D-1 school.)

I sure wish I was at the Kenny Wheaten game though!
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

I've attended close to 55 home games in the last 10 years and I can honestly say that the end of the 2009 Civil War is my most favorite Duck memory. When Barner picked up that last first down and the clock ran down and knowing we had locked up a trip to the Rose Bowl was really special. "WE'RE GOING TO THE ROSE BOWL! WE'RE GOING TO THE ROSE BOWL!" was all I could say, Im pretty sure I even shed a tear or two.... There was this shared visceral feeling with the crowd that was incredible. The memory/feeling of being there in person while our beloved Duckies locked up a trip to the RB will stay with me forever. I still get chills thinking about it :D

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

Oklahoma/Oregon game in '06: First college football game I attended in person AND we stayed the whole time too. Storming the field for that one was awesome, but not as glorious as storming the field for......

The 2009 Civil War. I'm not gonna lie I got really drunk before the game (as I usually do), but got more ducked out than I usually do. Had an Oregon flag like a cape and everything. The suspense of that game in general, the sack of Canfield on 4th and long, Jeremiah Masoli's subsequent run to keep Oregon's drive going and the game out of reach for the Beavs, and the subsequent storming of the field will be etched in my mind for a very long time. Easily the best game I've been to thus far (which includes that Oklahoma game, '07 ASU game, every Husky game since my freshman year here in '07 and the 2007/2009 USC games).
AutzenMacDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMacDuck »

Oklahoma is up there, last year's Civil War is up there, but for me, Michigan. I didn't get a ticket until literally 2 minutes before kick-off. I got sunburned and my ears rang for the next 24 hours... :D
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

AutzenMacDuck wrote:Oklahoma is up there, last year's Civil War is up there, but for me, Michigan. I didn't get a ticket until literally 2 minutes before kick-off. I got sunburned and my ears rang for the next 24 hours... :D
Without a doubt. I've been going to duck games for about 10 years & the upset of michigan still tops my list. Loudest its ever been for a whole game at Autzen. It was just an amazing day.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

The 09 Civil War and the overtime in the rain win against Cal in 05 (I think).
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Drunk off my ass...in Husky Stadium in 97..decked out in my duck gear...gettin flipped off by a lady that must have been 85 years old. Friggin classic. BYU game
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

My first game at autzen in 94 against desert swarm (Arizona) during their rosebowl run, I was hooked after that game and my days as die hard michigan fan were numbered, I was now a duck...
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

duckfan96 wrote:Drunk off my ass...in Husky Stadium in 97..decked out in my duck gear...gettin flipped off by a lady that must have been 85 years old. Friggin classic. BYU game
I got the same exact treatment 10 years later during my freshman year. Got flipped off by about 50% of the people wearing purple. Drank tequila in the stadium so i was pretty amped. Then some dumbass looking at my gym bag with my stuff in it after the game (sarcastically) said "Hey, nice fanny pack." when it clearly wasn't one, so I just pointed out how much of an idiot he was/that his team sucked.
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
AutzenMacDuck wrote:Oklahoma is up there, last year's Civil War is up there, but for me, Michigan. I didn't get a ticket until literally 2 minutes before kick-off. I got sunburned and my ears rang for the next 24 hours... :D
Without a doubt. I've been going to duck games for about 10 years & the upset of michigan still tops my list. Loudest its ever been for a whole game at Autzen. It was just an amazing day.
This game is one of my favorites also. The combination of Ngata and Igor that day was a thing of beauty. Michigan was still really good and this was a huge upset at the time.