2010 season TV games so far

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uodux1212
Senior

2010 season TV games so far

Post by uodux1212 »

http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index ... -the-fall/

Five more kickoff times for Oregon football games in the fall have been finalized and slotted into TV windows, and it looks like the Ducks will regularly play under the lights in the upcoming season.

* Sept. 11 at Tennessee (awaiting confirmation by host school)
* Sept. 25 at Arizona State, FSN, 7:30 p.m.
* Oct. 2 vs. Stanford, ESPN, 8:15 p.m.
* Oct. 21 vs. UCLA, ESPN, 6 p.m.
* Oct. 30 at USC, ABC, 5 p.m.
* Nov. 26 vs. Arizona, ESPN, 4 p.m.

Stanford game starts at 8:15?!? Holy cow... friggin night home games man! I wont go into it again as its been hashed out a million times on this board, but night games sure are tough for some of us...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
hualalai06
Two Star Recruit

Re: 2010 season TV games so far

Post by hualalai06 »

Autzen night games may be tough for some of us. If you need a smile on your face, try a road trip to ASU for that Sept 25th night game. Any of you been to ASU? At night? In September? The scene there on that night will be worth whatever you pay to go see our Ducks smoke the Sun Devils. I believe a similar look has been presented in the "Offseason Hot Girl" thread.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I love that so many games are televised. I agree about the night games. I think one or two are ok, but I enjoy waking up on a Saturday and watching day football.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

Are we sure that Stanford start time is correct? 8:15 seems awfully late to start a game if that is in fact for the Pacific time zone and not Eastern.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

DarronThomas1 wrote:Are we sure that Stanford start time is correct? 8:15 seems awfully late to start a game if that is in fact for the Pacific time zone and not Eastern.
Rob, goducks and ESPN are all reporting 8:15pm....

http://www.goducks.com//ViewArticle.dbm ... =204943804

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegespo ... -schedule/

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

duckgrad99 wrote:I love that so many games are televised. I agree about the night games. I think one or two are ok, but I enjoy waking up on a Saturday and watching day football.
I couldn't agree more!!! I used to love sleeping in until just before kick off.. Now with a wife a 6 and 2 year old those days are long gone. Still it's nice to see the game early then you have all day to talk and gloat about the ducks.. Oh well at least they are on TV. The east coast wont get to see much if the best looking and performing offense in the country though!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Being totally selfish, I LOVE night games. The crowd seems a little louder (drunker?), and there's a unique buzz in the air.

That said, I live in Eugene, so I don't have the drive ahead of me that some of you do.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:Being totally selfish, I LOVE night games. The crowd seems a little louder (drunker?), and there's a unique buzz in the air.

That said, I live in Eugene, so I don't have the drive ahead of me that some of you do.
Night games are wonderful, when school hasn't started. :)

But those UCLA and Stanford games will be brutal for me to make.. In fact, I might even be able to go to that Stanford game now that it's at 8:15. That's crazy! Maybe I'll just spend the weekend in Eugene or something.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Night games probably do suck for many fans but the TV revenue and hopefully exposure it brings to the program is worth it.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

I got to say I totally prefer night games, I just find everything more fun under the lights
shear_j
Four Star Recruit

Post by shear_j »

If your staying in town after the game, night games are def. the way to go. But if you gotta commute back home, they are hell.

USC was brutal last yr with gameday at 6, getting wasted in the mo, screaming my head off for 3 or 4 hours, then driving back to Klamath in the ice. I actually couldn't drive all the way home and had to pass the wheel to the guy I was with.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

shear_j wrote:If your staying in town after the game, night games are def. the way to go. But if you gotta commute back home, they are hell.

USC was brutal last yr with gameday at 6, getting wasted in the mo, screaming my head off for 3 or 4 hours, then driving back to Klamath in the ice. I actually couldn't drive all the way home and had to pass the wheel to the guy I was with.
Sounds exactly like my story, except I only had to drive back to Bend and my drive buddie wouldn't wake up to take the wheel. In the end it was definately worth it though :)
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

I am happy with the late starting time! With the nine hour time difference, I can actually watch the game without having to get up in the middle of the night. 5:15AM sure beats those midnight games for me! :D

Notice the plane that we flew on?
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Since I live in TN...any televised game is good for me. DVR if it is too late. Televise em all. please