Expansion w/Baylor not Colorado?

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

big z
Two Star Recruit

Expansion w/Baylor not Colorado?

Post by big z »

Just wanted to see your thoughts on this. I do have an interest in this as at first it was thought to be Utah/Colorado, now it's looking like if you take Texas you're taking the entire state with them.
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091406
uostudent
Senior

Re: Expansion w/Baylor not Colorado?

Post by uostudent »

No, I don't think it's worth it. Baylor is a religiously affiliated university and brings little to the table in terms of athletics. Baylor's football team is atrocious and their basketball has only been good for the past few years. Scott Drew is a scumbag and once the NCAA finds out that Drew has been cheating, their program will go on probation. A Baptist school in the Pac 10? Give me a break.

I love UT, but Baylor has too much baggage.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Mukden
Two Star Recruit

Post by Mukden »

Worst. Idea. Ever.

I'll be frank; I'm not diggin' the "in-your-face" Baptist nature of the place; they are more than religious, they are fanatics. Not to mention their poor athletic following and performance. Colorado is a good school in a large market that is a stop gap between ASU/UA and TX/OK. If any changes are made to the Pac 10+6 layout, I'd switch you guys in for A&M.

However, I doubt Texas gives half a crap about Baylor.
big z
Two Star Recruit

Post by big z »

Mukden wrote:Worst. Idea. Ever.

I'll be frank; I'm not diggin' the "in-your-face" Baptist nature of the place; they are more than religious, they are fanatics. Not to mention their poor athletic following and performance. Colorado is a good school in a large market that is a stop gap between ASU/UA and TX/OK. If any changes are made to the Pac 10+6 layout, I'd switch you guys in for A&M.

UT may not give a s*** about Baylor, but it's State Legislators do. They are they only reason why Baylor is in the Big XII and not TCU.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 22e33.html
Mukden
Two Star Recruit

Post by Mukden »

They don't anymore. Anne Richards and them are dead or out of politics.
big z
Two Star Recruit

Post by big z »

Mukden wrote:Worst. Idea. Ever.

If you're going to include a religious school, why not go with yBU also?
Mukden
Two Star Recruit

Post by Mukden »

I don't really want to include a religious school, to be honest. BYU I would consider in tandem with Utah, but even that is a bit...eh...

I really doubt Baylor has the clout to pull of another coup.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

IDK, whatever it takes to get Texas
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

First Baylor screws over TCU and Houston, now Colorado.
big z
Two Star Recruit

Post by big z »

It's definitely interesting. A lot of people on the Utah board were thinking it's a done deal, I've held back my thoughts on it until the official invite. Never really wanted to get my hopes up about it.

There is some talks about Boise State joining the MWC, that announcement is supposedly coming as soon as Monday.

It's shaping up to be one hell of an off-season

Z
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

If I had my way? My dream 6? In descending order?

Texas
Oklahoma
Texas A&M
Oklahoma State
Colorado
Utah

Not happening, but oh well. I wouldn't stomp and shout over Texas Tech.

Hell NO division:

Boise State
BYU
Baylor
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Hoagduck wrote:First Baylor screws over TCU and Houston, now Colorado.
Baylor isn't screwing anyone. The Pac 10 will not take Baylor. If Baylor prevents Texas from joining the Pac 10, then the conference will add Colorado and Utah. I'm pretty confident that if the Pac 10 does expand, Colorado will be joining the conference.
Hoagduck wrote: Hell NO division:

Boise State
BYU
Baylor
Agree completely. Also add UNLV, UNR, Fresno State, and San Diego State since these schools have been mentioned, but have no chance of joining the Pac 10.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

I'm going to guess that the Pac 10 will do anything to get Texas........ I think everything pretty much rides with them.

If Texas doesn't join then I don't think Oklahoma would....
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Baylor, CU, really whats the difference? Both are below avg football, although CU does have history, but it clearly doesn't have the Denver market (stadium fits 50k), and they haven't been any good in football since Joey led the beat down in Tempe. Baylor would have won the Pac-10 in basketball this year, and I can't remember the last time CU was good in basketball. So that's a positive for the Bears. Either one of them will be bringing up the rear in the Pac-16 East along with the Arizona schools, so really who cares which one we take as long as Texas comes along.

My guess, is if Texas says take Baylor and we're in, Scott and the Pac-10 Presidents will do it in a heartbeat. And right now that's what it sounds like the Texas state legislature is saying.

Congrats though Utah, the MWC may have a good shot to be adding CU, KSU ISU and Boise.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big z
Two Star Recruit

Post by big z »

Biggus Duckus wrote:I like the Texas and Oklahoma schools. As for the 6th school, I would be okay with Colorado, Utah or TCU. I doubt any of those except Colorado would happen though.

(I told myself I didn't want any religious schools, but then I thought about Texas CHRISTIAN and how I wanted them in. Plus, have you seen their cheerleaders?)
Yes I have!