NCAA 11 is here!!! Rate the game on this thread.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Re: NCAA 11 is here!!! Rate the game on this thread.

Post by USUaggieDuck »

greenyellow wrote:I'm thinking of not getting the game until they patch some of the bugs/glitches I've been reading about: excessive fumbling, scrums that can last a whole quarter trying to recover lose fumbles, stats not being recorded, missed FGs allowing a team to get a new set of downs even it is recovered by the other team, having to kickoff after letting up a TD on defense when you should get the ball, Teambuilder uniforms not showing up correctly, sideline players wearing non-matching jerseys when compared to the ones actually playing on the field, and slight delays after handoffs and during plays. If a majority of those aren't fixed, then it may be another year of not getting NCAA due to developer errors, even after extensive play-testing and development.

ive already been prompted to DL an update. idk what it fixed, but they are obviously working on the game
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

USUaggieDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I'm thinking of not getting the game until they patch some of the bugs/glitches I've been reading about: excessive fumbling, scrums that can last a whole quarter trying to recover lose fumbles, stats not being recorded, missed FGs allowing a team to get a new set of downs even it is recovered by the other team, having to kickoff after letting up a TD on defense when you should get the ball, Teambuilder uniforms not showing up correctly, sideline players wearing non-matching jerseys when compared to the ones actually playing on the field, and slight delays after handoffs and during plays. If a majority of those aren't fixed, then it may be another year of not getting NCAA due to developer errors, even after extensive play-testing and development.

ive already been prompted to DL an update. idk what it fixed, but they are obviously working on the game
Most people say the first patch did little to fix some of major things that are still glitchy. Rumor has it that another patch will be available in the next couple weeks. I still don't know why they put out a game that still has tons of bugs/glitches in it. They should have done enough testing to fix the game before they ship it. It seems like game companies like to get the game out as fast as possible to make money even though it's broken to a degree. It keeps people coming back and playing the game to see if some things are fixed.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

The games far from perfect and you'll still want to adjust the sliders/roster, but WOW is it an improvement over last year. The first time I made the perfect read on a zone read option play and scampered into the endzone with Thomas was glorious :mrgreen:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

desertfan wrote:The games far from perfect and you'll still want to adjust the sliders/roster, but WOW is it an improvement over last year. The first time I made the perfect read on a zone read option play and scampered into the endzone with Thomas was glorious :mrgreen:
Problems aside, the game does seem like a giant leap from the previous versions on the Next-Gen consoles (PS3 and XBox360).
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

there was like 10 xbox360 copies when I got mine. I looked at all of them to see if there was alternate covers, but all had Tim Tebow on the front. He's on the case cover, booklet cover, cd cover and half of the intro is about him. I'm kind of tempted to to play as Florida to see how good EA made Tebow. He can probably throw it the length of the field and outrun everybody.

Then I remembered this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6423
Thanks OregonMAX for the megaupload link. I'll probably use one of the LMJ covers.

Only played the game once so far. Definitely an upgrade over the NCAA09 I have been playing for 2 years.
way2krdn8d
Three Star Recruit

Post by way2krdn8d »

Was super excited to get the new version though I still have the dinosaur PS2....

So far:

Like: Gameplay - Seems smoother

Dislike: Uniforms - Only 2 of the new unis are in the game :twisted:

graphics..... well, it's a PS2....

Now I'm debating spending all that dough... problem is NCAA is pretty much the only game I play... thats a big investment for one game... ugh
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Alright so I just got the game and I am pleasantly surprised.

Gameplay - Much much better. Still not perfect but it seems much more varied and true to life rather than the same 3 tackles or same juke move you see a lot of different things so it doesn't get old. Computer also seems much better at reading if you do the same 3 plays over and over and stuff like that

Rushing - Way better. You can actually rush inside the tackle box(although heisman way way harder to then all-american). The zone read is awesome but once again it is FAR more effective in all-american then heisman. You gotta be pretty quick on like the triple reads to watch the ends and decide to keep it pitch it or hand it off all within first second of the snap. Gives a pretty good taste of what our Qb's have to do

Passing - Computer's D-Line seems to be 5x better then your own no matter what level. They pressure you so you gotta be prepared

Defense - D-Line doesn't get much push at all. If I want to get into backfield I just have to blitz a LB. Overall though pretty much the same except you can now join a scrum if the RB is being stood up you can assist on the play instead of just diving right through it.

As far as our teams goes; James is just a total stud and breaks a ton of tackles that other guys like Barner definitely would not. Thomas is fast, which if you run a lot of the zone read and/or just straight option plays then pick him. If you want to pass a lot though choose Costa cause Thomas can't throw on the run or under pressure. Our WR's are ok, they seem to drop some easy ones though. Paulson is pretty money. Seastrunk is a little slow if you ask me and his agility should for sure be better then Alston's. Our corners can't play press on opposing WR's. They're too small and freaking Jake Locker burnt me for several 80 yard bombs cause of it

I would give last year's like a 7.5. I played it a ton but it was same old same old. I'd run the same plays, see the same tackles and same moves but this year they opened it up more and made it a lot harder so I'd give it a 9. Still not perfect but vastly improved

My one real complaint is I simulated a dynasty to see how the Ducks would do and Washington started the year 9-0 !and got up to #2 but thankfully the Ducks beat em and went on to the rose bowl
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Alright so I just got the game and I am pleasantly surprised.

Gameplay - Much much better. Still not perfect but it seems much more varied and true to life rather than the same 3 tackles or same juke move you see a lot of different things so it doesn't get old. Computer also seems much better at reading if you do the same 3 plays over and over and stuff like that

Rushing - Way better. You can actually rush inside the tackle box(although heisman way way harder to then all-american). The zone read is awesome but once again it is FAR more effective in all-american then heisman. You gotta be pretty quick on like the triple reads to watch the ends and decide to keep it pitch it or hand it off all within first second of the snap. Gives a pretty good taste of what our Qb's have to do

Passing - Computer's D-Line seems to be 5x better then your own no matter what level. They pressure you so you gotta be prepared

Defense - D-Line doesn't get much push at all. If I want to get into backfield I just have to blitz a LB. Overall though pretty much the same except you can now join a scrum if the RB is being stood up you can assist on the play instead of just diving right through it.

As far as our teams goes; James is just a total stud and breaks a ton of tackles that other guys like Barner definitely would not. Thomas is fast, which if you run a lot of the zone read and/or just straight option plays then pick him. If you want to pass a lot though choose Costa cause Thomas can't throw on the run or under pressure. Our WR's are ok, they seem to drop some easy ones though. Paulson is pretty money. Seastrunk is a little slow if you ask me and his agility should for sure be better then Alston's. Our corners can't play press on opposing WR's. They're too small and freaking Jake Locker burnt me for several 80 yard bombs cause of it

I would give last year's like a 7.5. I played it a ton but it was same old same old. I'd run the same plays, see the same tackles and same moves but this year they opened it up more and made it a lot harder so I'd give it a 9. Still not perfect but vastly improved

My one real complaint is I simulated a dynasty to see how the Ducks would do and Washington started the year 9-0 !and got up to #2 but thankfully the Ducks beat em and went on to the rose bowl
Same thing happened with Washington in my dynasty, it's probably because Locker and Polk are rated ridiculously high.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone posted a complete roster yet, but mine is up for Xbox.

Gamertag: chivesII
GO DUCKS!
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

Anybody having some pitch relation problems with the speed option?
Ducks1
Three Star Recruit

Post by Ducks1 »

360Gamertag: CCAARRSSOONN3

He has named and updated all the teams. Oregon looks pretty good. Added the missing players. Rerated some.
JTinKC
Three Star Recruit

Post by JTinKC »

I like what they did with the recruiting process. It makes it a bit more interesting.

I didn't like using Costa. Since the pocket broke down so easily I needed someone with some speed and Thomas definitley has more of it in this game. Everytime I ran with Costa I got caught by the DTs. Running int his game is more realistic and harder. Last year I could get 200+ in any game.

Anyone else get the glitch at the end of the game where the play of the game is just the last play of the game and then it gets stuck while its loading the next screen?
OregonMAX
Three Star Recruit

Post by OregonMAX »

I miss the mini games
Me and my friend used to play tug of war all the time. I think it's a more fun way to play multiplayer.
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"
thegb2001
Three Star Recruit

Post by thegb2001 »

the game is a little better than last year as far as gameplay, and finally put some effort into presentation, but the one thing that is really pissing me off is online games, if an opponent quits you have choices to quit and count or quit and dont count, either way you dont get credit for the win and just the opponent gets a loss. so ive already played several games where its just a waste of time because they quit when there losing and nothing happens to my record.
oh yeah and "outzen stadium" and "will m ete river", learn to say it right.
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

QuackSince82 wrote:there was like 10 xbox360 copies when I got mine. I looked at all of them to see if there was alternate covers, but all had Tim Tebow on the front. He's on the case cover, booklet cover, cd cover and half of the intro is about him. I'm kind of tempted to to play as Florida to see how good EA made Tebow. He can probably throw it the length of the field and outrun everybody.

Then I remembered this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6423
Thanks OregonMAX for the megaupload link. I'll probably use one of the LMJ covers.

Only played the game once so far. Definitely an upgrade over the NCAA09 I have been playing for 2 years.

tebow isn't in the game. he graduated.