Dungy moved to Eugene!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Re: Dungy moved to Eugene!

Post by UofDuck »

If I was worth millions and my kid went to school across the country and played football, I would a buy a house and let him live in it while at school and I would come to visit him occasionally and stay there too.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

justducky0 wrote:ohhhh!!! Right because a forum on the internet is the same as writing a term paper. Thanks for clearing that up I was confused.
The question was simply whether or not it is a word, and it isn't a word any more than "aint" is a word.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

justducky0 wrote:
echo31 wrote:
vagusnerve wrote:
odux wrote:
alabamaduck wrote:Is boughten a word?
bought·en (bôtn) Chiefly Northern U.S.
v.
A past participle of buy.
adj.
1. Commercially made; purchased, as opposed to homemade: boughten bread.
2. Artificial; false. Used of teeth.

What?
#2 makes zero sense, and I think that "Chiefly Northern U.S. = not a real word

Wow I thought the level of intelligence was higher on this board...Are you guys not able to recognize a dictionary definition when you see one??

odux was just copied and pasted the dictionary definition of the word "boughten". Also the Chiefly Northern U.S. is just saying where the word is mostly used and came from.

Also I think it is great to have him buy a house in Eugene. He is a man of immeasurable (not TOO big of word for you guys I hope) character and a great citizen.

Fixed that for you. Careful...the grammar cops may be lurking...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
odux
Three Star Recruit

Post by odux »

justducky0 wrote:
echo31 wrote:
justducky0 wrote:
echo31 wrote:
vagusnerve wrote:
odux wrote: bought·en (bôtn) Chiefly Northern U.S.
v.
A past participle of buy.
adj.
1. Commercially made; purchased, as opposed to homemade: boughten bread.
2. Artificial; false. Used of teeth.

What?

Wow I thought the level of intelligence was higher on this board...Are you guys not able to recognize a dictionary definition when you see one??

odux was just copied and pasted the dictionary definition of the word "boughten". Also the Chiefly Northern U.S. is just saying where the word is mostly used and came from.

Also I think it is great to have him buy a house in Eugene. He is a man of immeasurable (not to big of word for you guys I hope) character and a great citizen.
Colloquial terms are not real words. Try using "boughten" in a term paper rather than "bought". It is NOT a proper word.

ohhhh!!! Right because a forum on the internet is the same as writing a term paper. Thanks for clearing that up I was confused.

haha +1
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

odux wrote:
justducky0 wrote:
echo31 wrote:
justducky0 wrote:
echo31 wrote:
vagusnerve wrote:
What?

Also I think it is great to have him buy a house in Eugene. He is a man of immeasurable (not to big of word for you guys I hope) character and a great citizen.
Colloquial terms are not real words. Try using "boughten" in a term paper rather than "bought". It is NOT a proper word.

ohhhh!!! Right because a forum on the internet is the same as writing a term paper. Thanks for clearing that up I was confused.

haha +1
And now you can't even write a complete math equation! Someone ban this guy...
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Back to the topic: Dungy.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13