Rate the movie you just watched

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Elduderino
Senior

Re: Rate the movie you just watched

Post by Elduderino »

Duck07 wrote:Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter was every bit as silly as I was hoping for and I was surprised at the quality of the cast for the movie. Then I saw Tim Burton's name in the production line and it made more sense.

I just started watching Banshee the other day, absurd premise but I'm interested to see how it (d)evolves. I mean, who doesn't like a criminal for a sheriff and an Amish Mafiosa as the bad guy?
Banshee is a guilty pleasure of mine. I enjoyed the first season, minus the way homeboy is powerwalking everywhere he goes.
AKA: CAgrown
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Lots of good movies coming out in May / June.

Saw Iron Man 3. Far and beyond the best of the 3. Well made movie, loved the Audis too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Gatsby was very good sans the Jay z soundtrack. :grin:
303DucksFan
Four Star Recruit

Post by 303DucksFan »

Phenom wrote:Gatsby was very good sans the Jay z soundtrack. :grin:
Looking forward to seeing it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Lots of good movies coming out in May / June.

Saw Iron Man 3. Far and beyond the best of the 3. Well made movie, loved the Audis too.
Just saw IM3 and really liked it. Right up there with IM1 in my book.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Gatsby was a 6/10 for me. Meh story, and lost allllll the brilliance of the novel (which was predictable).

By the way, anyone seen a British series called Black Mirror? It's like a contemporary Twilight Zone. Amazingly good. I'd really recommend it.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Saw "This is the End" with Seth Rogan. I think you're supposed to be intoxicated in some way to watch this movie and think it's funny. I honestly almost asked for my money back. Just one of the worst movies I've seen.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Man of Steel 8.5/10 - Any movie Christopher Nolan is involved in anyway, is always a victory. The fight scenes were incredibly awesome and also easy to follow. I usually get bored or lost in fight scenes, but the way this was filmed made it easy for viewers to follow. I watched it late, and it got a little slow for me, but still a great film.

Epic 6.5/10 - Kind of a weird movie lol. The name didn't really reflect what I was expecting going into the movie. It was more childish than I was hoping, but the animation is good, and the story isn't too shabby either.

Despicable Me 2 8/10 - Liked the first better, but Gru's minions always give an array of laughter.

Monsters University 9/10 - Pixar > all.

Star Trek Into Darkness 8/10 - As solid as they come. Not a huge Star Trek guy, but JJ Abrams will always have a soft spot in my heart because of lost, and now that he's moved past the idea of time travel, he's finally breaking out into a solid film maker.

I still want to see World War Z. Any reviews on that one?

UofDuck
Senior

Rate the movie you just watched

Post by UofDuck »

Red 2

Really really good. High recommendation!
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Man of Steel 8.5/10 - Any movie Christopher Nolan is involved in anyway, is always a victory. The fight scenes were incredibly awesome and also easy to follow. I usually get bored or lost in fight scenes, but the way this was filmed made it easy for viewers to follow. I watched it late, and it got a little slow for me, but still a great film.

Epic 6.5/10 - Kind of a weird movie lol. The name didn't really reflect what I was expecting going into the movie. It was more childish than I was hoping, but the animation is good, and the story isn't too shabby either.

Despicable Me 2 8/10 - Liked the first better, but Gru's minions always give an array of laughter.

Star Trek Into Darkness 8/10 - As solid as they come. Not a huge Star Trek guy, but JJ Abrams will always have a soft spot in my heart because of lost, and now that he's moved past the idea of time travel, he's finally breaking out into a solid film maker.

I enjoyed WWZ. Fans of the book seem to be upset about it not being up to their vision of what it should have been, but I've read the book and I thought the movie was good.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

karlhungis wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Man of Steel 8.5/10 - Any movie Christopher Nolan is involved in anyway, is always a victory. The fight scenes were incredibly awesome and also easy to follow. I usually get bored or lost in fight scenes, but the way this was filmed made it easy for viewers to follow. I watched it late, and it got a little slow for me, but still a great film.

I enjoyed WWZ. Fans of the book seem to be upset about it not being up to their vision of what it should have been, but I've read the book and I thought the movie was good.

I just caught WWZ in IMAX, it is out of regular theaters at this point down here. Thought it was great, did not have a chance to read the book yet, was it in line with the book? Ending about the same and what not? Seemed to end quickly, like there was a little more left but they ran out of time.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Bud Lee wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

I just caught WWZ in IMAX, it is out of regular theaters at this point down here. Thought it was great, did not have a chance to read the book yet, was it in line with the book? Ending about the same and what not? Seemed to end quickly, like there was a little more left but they ran out of time.

Nothing like the book, but you are right about the ending being short. They refilmed the entire last 3rd of the movie. I don't wanna put any spoilers out for people who haven't seen it yet, but if you want you can go up to IMDB and there are a few articles on the changes made and it is well worth it to go read, completely changed the whole movie, the tone, the everything.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I've been waiting a few years to finally hear a movie preview describe the film as "transcendent," but "The Counselor" is described as just that, lol.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug - Tolkien fanatic. Pure bias.
11/10

Man of Steel - Loved the backstory of his former home-planet etc... First 2/3 of the movie was fantastic. The plot to take over the world was generic and not thought through well. Poor finish to what was looking to be a fantastic superhero movie.
7.8/10

Despicable Me - Cute.
6/10

Monsters University - Love both "Monsters" movies. Solid storylines and great animation.
8.1/10

Star Trek - Better than I anticipated. Not a fan of the first one, but this was an improvement.

Hunger Games - Again, much better than the first Hunger Games. They get you emotionally attached to the characters and make you feel like you are right in on the action.
8.1/10
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Just saw the Hobbit yesterday too. Such a well made movie.

I'm a little disappointed how much they deviate from the book. Jackson injects too much of his own flavor. But, if you're ignorant about the book, then this is a top 50 movie of all time (I'd argue top 25).

I give it a 9/10, only because I'm a book homer and would have liked for them to stick a little closer to the scripts.