Rate the movie you just watched

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Re: Rate the movie you just watched

Post by Kimber45 »

briarduck wrote:Just saw Prometheus, I went with high expectations and I shouldn't have while it was entertaining the story fell short for me with too many holes with regards to the other films. As a stand-alone film it was good maybe a 7/10 but I can t give this one any more than a 6-6.5/10 at most because it had to many misses with reagards to the other films. 3D effects were good and clearly they spent money on the film but why not stick to the original story line...I have a feeling I went in with too high of standards because I feel I'm being to cridical but damn it's a bloody prequel!

See the movie because I'm wondering what others thought.
Oh Christ, this movie deserves its own thread.

If you liked or saw the colorized '80s version of The Thing then you'll love Prometheus. SciFi horror is a unique genre to be sure, but Prometheus in Imax is fantastic. Saw it last night with the Lady who jumped around like she had ants in her pants.

The only thing I remember from my Cinema 101 class, besides the phrase "film noir," is the principle of suspension of disbelief - Being able to let go of reality and accept (and enjoy) the non-reality you are seeing. Sure, Prometheus had a few glaring errors, but the underlying plot was so fantastic, yet incomplete, that I left the theatre wanting to know more about the Engineers, the black goo, the human aliens and a multitude of other questions.

http://www.prometheusforum.net

Wicked good movie.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:Thinking about taking the wife out for a date night this Friday...anybody seen anything good?
I've heard Snow White and the Huntsman is decent enough so that might warrant a visit.
My girl liked it, but I found it terribly boring. Good for a while, but then I was just checking my watch for how much longer. And Kristen Stewart, blech.
I'm not that big a fan of Kristen Stewart either, based on a lot of the interviews she's given over the years. I am proud to say that I still have not seen a Twilight movie in its entirety.
Can say the same about Twilight, but I do loves me some Kate Beckinsdale as a death dealer. :shock:

I really enjoyed Snow White. Again, a date movie (her idea too), but there is plenty darkness and action to offset the love story. The partially dead crows flapping in the castle was nicely disturbing. Not a chick flick in the least. Good movie.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
briarduck wrote:Just saw Prometheus, I went with high expectations and I shouldn't have while it was entertaining the story fell short for me with too many holes with regards to the other films. As a stand-alone film it was good maybe a 7/10 but I can t give this one any more than a 6-6.5/10 at most because it had to many misses with reagards to the other films. 3D effects were good and clearly they spent money on the film but why not stick to the original story line...I have a feeling I went in with too high of standards because I feel I'm being to cridical but damn it's a bloody prequel!

See the movie because I'm wondering what others thought.
Thanks for the review, I'll probably just go see it because it just because like you said, it looks similar to the good ole alien films. I'll go in with low standards now, and be pleasantly surprised! :mrgreen:
Yup briar, share the same sentiments. I still had some questions that had to be googled after the movie with no clear answer. Still a cool movie, but nothing I'd want to see again.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I was a little under the weather last week so that gave me a chance to catch up and watch some movies I missed.

Hangover II : I was completely disappointed, they basically took the originally plot, shifted characters around, changed the tiger into a monkey, and then ran with it.

Wrath of the Titans: I loved it but I’m geeky like that. I wished I saw it in 3-D.

Paul: Cool little movie. A lot of little jokes that you would get if you are a movie buff.

A-Team : Love that movie.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Just saw Dark Knight Rises, good as advertised. Nice ending to the trilogy.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Nolan is producing the new Superman flick, due out Summer 2013, "Man of Steel".

Sounds as if he is choosing a darker version of the story, similar to "Dark Knight Rises". Kevin Costner is Jonathon Kent, Russell Crowe is Jor'el. The lead part played by British thespian, Henry Cavill.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-5 ... -released/
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Nolan >>>>>

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

bellsduck wrote:Hall Pass - Funny as you'll ever see in a few spots.
I fake chowd a DJs mom last night!

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:Nolan is producing the new Superman flick, due out Summer 2013, "Man of Steel".

Sounds as if he is choosing a darker version of the story, similar to "Dark Knight Rises". Kevin Costner is Jonathon Kent, Russell Crowe is Jor'el. The lead part played by British thespian, Henry Cavill.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-5 ... -released/
With Superman/Clark Kent being on a boat, it almost looks like the start of Aquaman. :lol:
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Amazing Spider-Man
It was good. I didn't think it was any better or any worse than any of the Toby McGuire versions.

Magic Mike
Wait - I don't want to admit my wife dragged me to this. Never mind. Actually it wasn't bad, except the ending.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Finally broke down and watched "Battleship"... It actually turned out better than I expected. 7/10, maybe a little better.

The timing of the release, especially with all the other stuff that has come out around the same time.

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

My wife took me to see The Expendables 2, better than the first in my opinion
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Cool, that is on my list... Chuck Norris wears DaT pajamas, BTW!

Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

greenyellow wrote:The Avengers: Great culmination to the previous Marvel movies, especially with the action sequences. Very witty banter and dialogue amongst the team and associated characters. Each character gets a time to shine. Plot is very straightforward (no major twists or turns) but it's executed well. 3D is okay but not at the same level as like Avatar or Transformers 3. 9.5/10
Great flick. Dead on about the witty banter. Laughed a lot, lots of action, and long enough to complete the movie experience. Hulk flicking Loki around like a rag doll was a riot.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

End of Watch was pretty damn good. I'd give it a 8/10.