There already is some buzz out there about the 2009 season,

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

There already is some buzz out there about the 2009 season,

Post by woundedknees »

and a lot of people have penciled in Oregon as a team to watch.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/pac10/2009/01/post_90.html

Make no mistake, the Ducks have an enormous challenge early, in the Sept. 5 season-opener at Boise State. The Broncos could be very good too, and not many Pac-10 teams would willingly play them on the SmurfTurf.

Beating Boise State not only would avenge last season's embarrassing, home-field loss, but could give Oregon a big lift in a season in which the Ducks have both USC and Oregon State in Eugene.

Some knothead Beaver fan in the comments section calls LGB a 'fatboy running back'... Also reiterates a Bud Weathers column out of Seattle that touts the 3-0 emabrassment called the 2008 Sun Bowl "one of the five best bowls of the season", while calling Vistor Butler one of the five best bowl players... Funny stuff, eh?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Re: There already is some buzz out there about the 2009 season,

Post by addictedtoquack »

We need to crush Boise St. next year just to make sure they know why we play in the pac and they play in the wac.
I can't believe how many Beaver fans were stoked about that bowl game, it was quite possibly the most boring game I've ever seen.
Ducks08
One Star Recruit

Post by Ducks08 »

Well, I know I feel pretty good about next year. Masoli's progression through this year has ALOT to do with that. Add the fact that LGB is back. Pair him with Crenshaw and James....things look good. Need to fill holes on the Oline, which is a major undertaking. (Unger, Tupuo, and Lewis) But Oregon seems to reload at Oline rather than rebuild. Hope thats the case. And Greatwoods back!!!!! And our young receivers need to step up.

On D, everyony knows the Dline could be an issue. But I thought that this year and they did quite well. LB is solid. The secondary is solid as well. Although we will miss Chung.

Just my thoughts
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

The schedule is in place for the team to make a NC run with 2 ranked OOC games, USC, Cal, ASU, OSU at home. Whether we actually make the run is another thing.
A lot of questions, more so than this year which a number of folks considered a rebuilding year.
myduckisenormous
High School Drop Out

Post by myduckisenormous »

addictedtoquack wrote:We need to crush Boise St. next year just to make sure they know why we play in the pac and they play in the wac.
I can't believe how many Beaver fans were stoked about that bowl game, it was quite possibly the most boring game I've ever seen.

Is it just me or does she look a lot like Uma Thurman? not the hair but in the face and the body...she's pretty hot. even to a middle aged fart.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Opening game against Boise State is a huge game.. Playing a first game on the road (especially to a quality team like Boise State) always puts a little fear in my mind. Not to mentioned, I hate to lose twice to Boise State and have them talk crap about us forever.

I can't stand looking at their radioactive field.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Yeah playing BSU right outa the gate should be very interesting indeed and we will learn a lot about this team right away!

The fact that they beat us should play into our favor as well...because they will be optimistic about the game where our guys should be in revenge mode especially JM!!

Man its just too long to wait...this year went way to fast!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Opening game against Boise State is a huge game.. Playing a first game on the road (especially to a quality team like Boise State) always puts a little fear in my mind. Not to mentioned, I hate to lose twice to Boise State and have them talk crap about us forever.

When they wear their blues on that field, they kinda disappear. Now couple that with our highlighter yellows and people will go blind just watching it.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

sickaduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Opening game against Boise State is a huge game.. Playing a first game on the road (especially to a quality team like Boise State) always puts a little fear in my mind. Not to mentioned, I hate to lose twice to Boise State and have them talk crap about us forever.

When they wear their blues on that field, they kinda disappear. Now couple that with our highlighter yellows and people will go blind just watching it.

The camera's are going to have tough time if we wear our yellows!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

We need to lay a beating on BSu. Not just as payback for the cheapshot but mainly just to start our season off right. If we get past them I see us having another 10 win season & possibly a BCS bowl berth.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

This game is almost as important to me as the Civil War and the Huskie game next year. After what they did to us this year, i hope we come up in there and everybody hits like Tj Ward, and we destroy them LEGALLY WITH NO DIRTY LATE HITS. IMO we will be pumped for this game. Sounds like a roadtrip in the making....
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Ducks08 wrote:Well, I know I feel pretty good about next year. Masoli's progression through this year has ALOT to do with that. Add the fact that LGB is back. Pair him with Crenshaw and James....things look good. Need to fill holes on the Oline, which is a major undertaking. (Unger, Tupuo, and Lewis) But Oregon seems to reload at Oline rather than rebuild. Hope thats the case. And Greatwoods back!!!!! And our young receivers need to step up.

On D, everyony knows the Dline could be an issue. But I thought that this year and they did quite well. LB is solid. The secondary is solid as well. Although we will miss Chung.

Just my thoughts
O-line will be fine with the talent we have stockpiled. The D-line will be the big question, but then again if Numbnutz is back as the DC then it's back to the "score every time we get the ball and hope we have it last approach." With JM having most of a season under CK and the skilled people we have coming back and IF we get some of the recruits we're after, I'm not worried about our chances. Seriously, did you see any team out there in bowl land that our offense wouldn't have ripped through? Next year could be special...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
dudefromor
Two Star Recruit

Post by dudefromor »

if the offense plays up to its potential we could possibly make a run at the NC. with the way masoli has played there is no doubt in my mind we can get it done on the offensive side of the ball...especially when our most difficult games are at home next year.

the defense will be the question mark....hopefully the LB's will step up and make some more plays...we dont have chung to back them up anymore.
"Jeremiah Masoli took home the game's offensive most outstanding player award and then broke into song. Kidding."
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... ID=3640641
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

sickaduck wrote:

I thought that when I saw that this year too, kinda seems like a cheap advantage in a sort of 4th grade type way.