Quotable Quotes

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Quotable Quotes

Post by sickaduck »

If the fans have their chests puffed out, quarterback Nate Costa said the UO players don’t think that way.

“The coolest thing about being ranked No. 1 is that we haven’t reached our full potential,” Costa said. “That’s what is most exciting.”

Scary thing about that, is that it is true. I would love to see the play a game up to their full potential, preferrably every game for the rest of the season.

There were no No. 1 banners hanging in the Moshofsky Center to signify that lofty ranking for the first time in school history.
“We practiced like we always do,” center Jordan Holmes said. “We were flying around, knocking the hell out of each other, running all over the place and screaming...it was nothing new.”
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

sickaduck wrote:If the fans have their chests puffed out, quarterback Nate Costa said the UO players don’t think that way.

“The coolest thing about being ranked No. 1 is that we haven’t reached our full potential,” Costa said. “That’s what is most exciting.”

Scary thing about that, is that it is true. I would love to see the play a game up to their full potential, preferrably every game for the rest of the season.

There were no No. 1 banners hanging in the Moshofsky Center to signify that lofty ranking for the first time in school history.
“We practiced like we always do,” center Jordan Holmes said. “We were flying around, knocking the hell out of each other, running all over the place and screaming...it was nothing new.”
If kelly is so anti rankings talk, why the hell did he allow we're #1 banners in the practice facility.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

Zyme wrote:
sickaduck wrote:If the fans have their chests puffed out, quarterback Nate Costa said the UO players don’t think that way.

If kelly is so anti rankings talk, why the hell did he allow we're #1 banners in the practice facility.

??? There were NO no. 1 banners....I can't imagine that he would allow that, given the whole "Win the Day" thing.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

oh, [facepalm] haha
:lol:

by bad, ready it wrong. Damn my public school edumacation.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

From Chip in Rivals interview:

Where would you like to see a Pac-10 league title game played?

"I never have played in one, so I'd just be guessing. I think they should be played in Eugene, Oregon, every year. If they ask me for my vote, I think Autzen Stadium is the best in the Pac-10 and I think it would be the best place to host a championship game every year." 8-)

It doesn't get much better than that folks!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

spinseeker wrote:From Chip in Rivals interview:

Where would you like to see a Pac-10 league title game played?

"I never have played in one, so I'd just be guessing. I think they should be played in Eugene, Oregon, every year. If they ask me for my vote, I think Autzen Stadium is the best in the Pac-10 and I think it would be the best place to host a championship game every year." 8-)

It doesn't get much better than that folks!
That could be done if the Pac-10 decides to allow the top team in the title game to host and Oregon keeps on winning.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Courtesy of Lame Kiffin when talking about the Ducks:

"Their defense hasn’t given up a point in the fourth quarter all year. I wish we had that stat.”

In seven games, the Trojans have allowed opponents to score 170 points, the most (62) coming in the fourth quarter.

And they haven't even played against Oregon, yet!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

goducks wrote:Courtesy of Lame Kiffin when talking about the Ducks:

"Their defense hasn’t given up a point in the fourth quarter all year. I wish we had that stat.”

In seven games, the Trojans have allowed opponents to score 170 points, the most (62) coming in the fourth quarter.

And they haven't even played against Oregon, yet!
That game could get ugly if Oregon is clicking in the 4th quarter.
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

A lot of Oregon's success on the ground can be attributed to sophomore LaMichael James, who averages a national-best 169.6 yards a game.

"How hard is it to tackle that kid? It's ridiculous. He looks better than he did a year ago, too, so that'll be a crazy challenge," UCLA safety Tony Dye said.

LaMichael "Ridiculous" James for LaHeisman :P
3duxmebroma
One Star Recruit

Post by 3duxmebroma »

"This week it's broadcasted without distraction to the entire nation. At least tomorrow anyway, the revolution is being televised." Bob Rickert, community blogger.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

"We say this before every game, pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you are doing. We know what we are doing so we feel no pressure."

Chip Kelly
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

Brophdog88 wrote:"We say this before every game, pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you are doing. We know what we are doing so we feel no pressure."

Chip Kelly
Put that as my facebook status immediately after he said that. Words to live by
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Biggus Duckus wrote:ESPN: "UCLA, much to their everlasting credit, is coming back out for the 2nd half..."
:lol:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

"That was impressive,” Neuheisel said. “I’ll leave it at that. That was impressive.”