Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: LMJ

Post by greenyellow »

karlhungis wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:Ive seen alot of great backs. All the way back
to Bobby Moore at Oregon. The number is to big
to try and list. Each one has been special in their
own way. But LMJ by far the best Ive seen.
LMJ has something that no other back has
had since Ive been watching the ducks, really cant
put my finger on it. Could be that every time he
touches the ball he could score. I think it's the effort
he gives regardless if he is dragging defenders to gain
2 yards or running for 70 yards. He also creates headaches
for d coaches trying to scheme for him which opens
so much more to the offense. I'm glad he's on our side.
His track work is definitely showing this year. It is crazy to see his top speed now. Amazing back.
He trusts his speed more than ever and has seemed to even improve his strength in between the tackles. He seemed to drag at least 2 tacklers every time he got the ball.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

duckgrad99 wrote:http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=2991583

Scout only had him as a 3 star running back. :lol: I'm so glad the offseason issues got cleared up for James.
Ranked the #40 RB in his class. :lol:
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

He's beast...I also couldn't believe his yardage total! And he's a SO!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:89 Rushes for 732 yards, 8.2ypc, 183ypg with 7tds. That's pretty boss.

Current pace: 2013 yards in 11 games.
The one stat he needs to improve on is touchdowns. I think that's one of the reasons guys like Gerhart and Jaquizz were overlooking LMJ despite James having a way better ypc stat.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:89 Rushes for 732 yards, 8.2ypc, 183ypg with 7tds. That's pretty boss.

The one stat he needs to improve on is touchdowns. I think that's one of the reasons guys like Gerhart and Jaquizz were overlooking LMJ despite James having a way better ypc stat.
I don't think he'll ever get the amount of TDs they had due to Oregon's diversity on offense. He just can't get the amount of touches necessary to match Gerhart and Rodgers. I'm sure he would gladly trade in all the TDs in the world for a shot at a Pac-10 Championship and BCS game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

I don't think he'll ever get the amount of TDs they had due to Oregon's diversity on offense. He just can't get the amount of touches necessary to match Gerhart and Rodgers. I'm sure he would gladly trade in all the TDs in the world for a shot at a Pac-10 Championship and BCS game.
True, and it also hurt that he missed that New Mexico game. Switch those 5 Barner touchdowns to LMJ, and his stats are ridiculously padded!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

LMJ showed me one thing that I hadn't seen much of before.... power running. He ran through and over Stanford tacklers, most of which outweighed him by many pounds. He finds a way to not take a solid hit, rolls out of punishment, and runs through arm tackles. Defenses resort to arm tackles when they are tired. This is what we saw last night as Stanford was out of gas in the 4th.
nehalem
Four Star Recruit

Post by nehalem »

Makes you wonder what the University of Texas thinks when they see one of their own kicking butt in the the Pac10 and their RB's being just average.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nehalem wrote:Makes you wonder what the University of Texas thinks when they see one of their own kicking butt in the the Pac10 and their RB's being just average.
Even if he had gone there, they wouldn't have found a use for him since their offense had been so geared up for McCoy to run that they don't have the OL capable of basic run blocking for a RB.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

For what it's worth, Jonathan Stewart called LMJ the best running back in the country.