ducksrock
Senior

Re: Fan sites

Post by ducksrock »

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Boise State fans dont relize that Oregon would DOMINATE them. You telling me they could gaurd our pass and run? We are a WAY better team then last year, you know why? Because we have a QB that can make plays with his feet and ARM and doesnt turn this O into a one dimensional running team! GO DUCKS! 8-)
Return Of the Quack!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duckattack7 wrote:Boise State fans dont relize that Oregon would DOMINATE them. You telling me they could gaurd our pass and run? We are a WAY better team then last year, you know why? Because we have a QB that can make plays with his feet and ARM and doesnt turn this O into a one dimensional running team! GO DUCKS! 8-)
Last year's game is not a good example of what Oregon is capable of doing. Even playing one of their worst games last year, Oregon didn't exactly get blown out by like 30, so it's not like they were exponentially better.
ducklovinlady
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducklovinlady »

For a good BSU laugh, go to their scout forum. They are PISSED the ducks passed them in the polls and keep using 2008-9 wins for reasons why they win the head to head battle. Really the most uneducated fans.
ducklovinlady
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducklovinlady »

Oh and I forgot one of their funniest lines was that Chip was snubbing Kellen because he said Luck was the best qb we have faced. They are really eating some bitter potatoes over there in Boise.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ducklovinlady wrote:For a good BSU laugh, go to their scout forum. They are PISSED the ducks passed them in the polls and keep using 2008-9 wins for reasons why they win the head to head battle. Really the most uneducated fans.
Even more so than Beaver fans. It's almost comical at how they keep using the last 2 years to judge Oregon for this season's body of work.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Oregon would beat both Boise State and Ohio State I think this year because we are much more balanced on offense and improved on defense. We have a better overall receiving core, a QB that can stay in the pocket and see over the line and actually make most of his passes but can run when needed, an improved backfield with both LMJ and Barner being more experienced and a bigger, faster, more experienced D overall with seemingly better scheming. And if Boise State tried to take out DT we have an experienced backup QB that can make plays. I am torn as to whether I would rather play in the NC against Alabama or face Boise State in Rose Bowl............ not really I would easily prefer to win a NC as that would be all that is needed to win an argument against a Bronco douche!
ducklovinlady
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducklovinlady »

greenyellow wrote:
ducklovinlady wrote:For a good BSU laugh, go to their scout forum. They are PISSED the ducks passed them in the polls and keep using 2008-9 wins for reasons why they win the head to head battle. Really the most uneducated fans.
Even more so than Beaver fans. It's almost comical at how they keep using the last 2 years to judge Oregon for this season's body of work.
And they say it's because they returned all their starters while ignoring the fact that they didn't face Thomas, LMJ (well other than a few carries), Barner. I then think of other young players that have become pretty decent contributers like Cliff Harris and Josh Huff.

Ugh- Boise fans are becoming incredibly conceited. I hope programs start black balling them so they can't parasitically cling onto other programs' success with one win. And to think I used to root for them as an underdog, but they no longer play the cinderella role.
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

Contrary to popular belief, and though I'm glad to see the Ducks jump Boise in the polls, Broncos fans have a point. They did beat the Ducks two seasons in a row, both in Autzen and on the blue turf. They have Oregon's number. But, they're in a losing situation with the schedule they play, and there's not much they can do to fix as they won't and haven't gotten invites from legit conferences due to their terrible academics and sucking in all athletics not involving football.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Head to head match-ups in years past should play no part in this years rankings. The Boise State fans have no argument, they don't play in a tough conference, sure there are a couple of decent teams but top to bottom Oregon has much more difficult schedule besides it is still way too early for this argument as Oregon could still lose and Boise State has a chance at getting beat by Nevada possibly. Boise State fans are delusional if they believe they are an elite program that deserves to be amongst the powerhouse programs. When Boise State plays in a real conference and goes undefeated then we can have this discussion until then have fun beating up on much weaker teams and winning the occasional difficult team you play.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bumi wrote:Contrary to popular belief, and though I'm glad to see the Ducks jump Boise in the polls, Broncos fans have a point. They did beat the Ducks two seasons in a row, both in Autzen and on the blue turf. They have Oregon's number. But, they're in a losing situation with the schedule they play, and there's not much they can do to fix as they won't and haven't gotten invites from legit conferences due to their terrible academics and sucking in all athletics not involving football.
That point was only valid last season though. Hell, had Macstoli not gone over to the frat house, we probably would have been ranked ahead of Boise to start this season and all their whining would have been done over the summer.

If they really feel slighted by the PAC they should go work on improving the other 3 core sports req'd for conf. admission (vball and bball) as well as putting in some work on their academics.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Bumi wrote:Contrary to popular belief, and though I'm glad to see the Ducks jump Boise in the polls, Broncos fans have a point. They did beat the Ducks two seasons in a row, both in Autzen and on the blue turf. They have Oregon's number. But, they're in a losing situation with the schedule they play, and there's not much they can do to fix as they won't and haven't gotten invites from legit conferences due to their terrible academics and sucking in all athletics not involving football.
They have no point.

Their team may be largely the same from those seasons. Oregon's has changed significantly. So far, it appears that Oregon has improved over the last two years.

Their argument is like saying that BSU should have gone to a lesser bowl in 2008 because they lost to Washington and Hawaii in 2007.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Duck07 wrote:
That point was only valid last season though. Hell, had Macstoli not gone over to the frat house, we probably would have been ranked ahead of Boise to start this season and all their whining would have been done over the summer.

If they really feel slighted by the PAC they should go work on improving the other 3 core sports req'd for conf. admission (vball and bball) as well as putting in some work on their academics.

And....add some research programs and facilities..... BSU thinking they can handle and should be in the Pac 10 or Pac 12, because they have a decent football program is akin to Gonzaga believing they should be added to the Pac, as they have a quality BB program...It doesnt work that way.........Podunk schools are destined to be in the Mid-Major catagory and should be happy they are there...
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

wheaton4prez wrote:
They have no point.

Their team may be largely the same from those seasons. Oregon's has changed significantly. So far, it appears that Oregon has improved over the last two years.

Their argument is like saying that BSU should have gone to a lesser bowl in 2008 because they lost to Washington and Hawaii in 2007.
If the tables were turned, Ducks fans would be griping. BSU keeps winning, winning big, and they beat Oregon twice since 2008. Their reactions are predictable, and understandable.

It's ok to be objective.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/