Costa

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Costa

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Such a bummer, I feel bad for him.
So do I. This really is a drag. However, he knew the risks when he chose to keep coming back to play. It's awful that it happened and I'm totally not without compassion for the kid, but he made his decision and now, unfortunately, he's going to have to live with those knees hurting him later in life.

Tough kid, though with great ambitions in law enforcement. May THOSE dreams still come true for him.

God bless you, Nate.
John 3:36
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

SuperDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Such a bummer, I feel bad for him.
So do I. This really is a drag. However, he knew the risks when he chose to keep coming back to play. It's awful that it happened and I'm totally not without compassion for the kid, but he made his decision and now, unfortunately, he's going to have to live with those knees hurting him later in life.

Tough kid, though with great ambitions in law enforcement. May THOSE dreams still come true for him.

God bless you, Nate.
Seems like he could have a future in coaching if he wanted.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sucks to lose him since he was a good team leader for them. I bet we don't see many 2-pt conversion tries any more.
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

Someone who has already had two blown knees... anyone else would have given up and not came back,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Update from DuckSportsNow on Twitter - I'm going to wait until the official word comes out.

DuckSportsNow Duck Sports Now
@mbuich nothing 100% til MRI's are done tomorrow. But thus far this is the word from the press not the athletic dept.
glazeduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by glazeduck »

If the news on Costa is truly a torn acl that'll be heartbreaking.

I've been saying this the whole season (ie. BEFORE he hurt himself again), but I think, given his time in the offense that Nate's a great candidate to step immediately into a coaching position on the offense, and, dare I say, one day maybe be Chip's successor? I know that's a long ways out but he's got the perfect makeup for it.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

It kills me to know that if the snap was good on the field goal attempt like it seems to be 99% of the time, Costa would be fine.
glazeduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by glazeduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:It kills me to know that if the snap was good on the field goal attempt like it seems to be 99% of the time, Costa would be fine.

Watch it again. Snap was fine, maybe just slightly up, but easily catchable, went right through Nate's hands.

As tragic as his injury was, had he caught the snap right or thrown the ball away he'd be fine. Not saying his injury's on him, it's just more bad luck for the poor kid, but sometimes that's how the fickle mistress football rolls...
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

glazeduck wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:It kills me to know that if the snap was good on the field goal attempt like it seems to be 99% of the time, Costa would be fine.

Watch it again. Snap was fine, maybe just slightly up, but easily catchable, went right through Nate's hands.

As tragic as his injury was, had he caught the snap right or thrown the ball away he'd be fine. Not saying his injury's on him, it's just more bad luck for the poor kid, but sometimes that's how the fickle mistress football rolls...

Yeah. I haven't seen the play again, but I think you get my point. An injury that could easily have been avoided. Tough luck for Costa.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

So now in blow out time does Chip bring in Bennett to get him some game experience and blow his RS? Or does Darron just play the whole game no matter what the score?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

bellsduck wrote:So now in blow out time does Chip bring in Bennett to get him some game experience and blow his RS? Or does Darron just play the whole game no matter what the score?
Hawkins would be the obvious choice but he's been injured for most of the season so he can't be counted on right now. Haines is a walk-on and possibly is the most likely if Hawkins can't go. They will try to keep Bennett in his RS year but I think they will get him more reps in practice so that he is ready just in case DT goes down (knock on wood).
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Bennett's RS will not be blown unless it gives us the best chance to win a game. No way will we use Bennett in a blowout.
Looking at the remainder of our schedule, I don't think there'll be any major blowouts, but I could be wrong.

@Cal - Very winnable, actually it should be a blowout, seeing as they're without Kevin Riley, but they play tough at home and haven't lost there all year.

vs UA - They don't look as good the past couple weeks, but they're still a good team and can't be taken lightly. I don't see us blowing them out, but you never know.

@OSU - We've just witnessed the intensity of a rivalry game with UW and how stupid things like turnovers, penalties and (gulp!) injuries can change a game. They're not the same team without James Rodgers, but they'll be fired up to play us. I'd be surprised to see us blow them out, but it would be awesome if we did. It would also send a message to both TCU and Boise State.

Something else to think about. They could always run the "Wild Duck" to burn time off the clock if we get way ahead. Just a thought.
John 3:36
RuhlandAsherBestEver
Three Star Recruit

Post by RuhlandAsherBestEver »

Just turns my stomach to think about how cruel life can be sometimes.
Nate we all love and respect what you have done for the team. Get well
soon you will be missed.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

If Bennett does play, like DT 2 seasons ago, I am sure they try to redshirt him next season.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

still cannot believe he bad luck this kid has had. I really hope he takes this to the NCAA and takes a long shot at a 6th year. If his history doesnt deserve it then nobody should