Pro Combat Throwbacks???

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Re: Pro Combat Throwbacks???

Post by Supreme »

I guessed earlier in the year that the team would wear an away variation of last years throwbacks. Good deal.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think Oregon can have Nike make any jersey from any era, except possibly ones with the Duck through the O, but Nike will probably stick to ones they've actually made for Oregon.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Should do the unis from Joeys sr year. Would those be considered throwbacks?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:Should do the unis from Joeys sr year. Would those be considered throwbacks?
As much as I used to like those jerseys, they are pretty ugly by today's standards.

I liked them at the time also but looking back they are quite ugly, but they would be cool to bring back as a throwback at some time.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Most throwbacks are ugly by todays standards. Would be a tribute to gettin screwed over by the bcs last time around. haha
24webfoot
One Star Recruit

Post by 24webfoot »

barkrats to roll out flat black helmets?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

24webfoot wrote:barkrats to roll out flat black helmets?

They are part of their Pro Combat "Giant Killer" uni's
ducklovinlady
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducklovinlady »

Does anyone think it's weird to consider 2001 a throwback era? lol- seems like yesterday to me.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DarronThomas1 wrote:
AutzenMember wrote:
pdxduck21 wrote:Yes but those were well before Nike was established and perhaps they bought the licensing rights to them...not certain,

All I know was the chatter last year around the 95/96 unis were they were not Nike so Nike would not replicate THOSE ones - perhaps it is licensing rights to the uni's in the early 90's from Russell Athletic
Or, perhaps it is tied to the licensing rights to Disney, since it used the duck on the sleeve. If so, maybe it's not an issue anymore with Disney releasing the rights back to Oregon???
Disney probably still owns the rights to logo with Donald running through the big block letter O.
I thought Disney relented all rights associated with Puddles and our usage of the "duck."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
DarronThomas1 wrote:
AutzenMember wrote:
pdxduck21 wrote:Yes but those were well before Nike was established and perhaps they bought the licensing rights to them...not certain,

All I know was the chatter last year around the 95/96 unis were they were not Nike so Nike would not replicate THOSE ones - perhaps it is licensing rights to the uni's in the early 90's from Russell Athletic
Or, perhaps it is tied to the licensing rights to Disney, since it used the duck on the sleeve. If so, maybe it's not an issue anymore with Disney releasing the rights back to Oregon???
Disney probably still owns the rights to logo with Donald running through the big block letter O.
I thought Disney relented all rights associated with Puddles and our usage of the "duck."
I'm not sure what was all included in the usage agreement. It could be Oregon can only use The Duck suit at anytime but not the "Duck Through the O" logo outside the state. Someone would have to look it up or ask someone in the athletic department.
DaZoo3
One Star Recruit

Post by DaZoo3 »

I would love to see combat jerseys.
liberalduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by liberalduck »

AutzenMember wrote:

I am not positive on this, but my understanding regarding the Oregon mascot is that Disney still owns the rights of Donald when it is used on apparel and other items, but not with the mascot itself, which they say is not Donald but rather, "The Duck.". In other words, I think they get royalties from merchandise but have removed restrictions on use of the actual mascot itself. That is why "The Duck" can now do commercials and other events that it couldn't do before. I think I am correct on this. In any case, it sure sounds good to me. :-) If you know differently, let me know.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

liberalduck wrote:
AutzenMember wrote:

I am not positive on this, but my understanding regarding the Oregon mascot is that Disney still owns the rights of Donald when it is used on apparel and other items, but not with the mascot itself, which they say is not Donald but rather, "The Duck.". In other words, I think they get royalties from merchandise but have removed restrictions on use of the actual mascot itself. That is why "The Duck" can now do commercials and other events that it couldn't do before. I think I am correct on this. In any case, it sure sounds good to me. :-) If you know differently, let me know.
I think that sounds about right since the usage of the Duck got further clarified after his appearance in Supwitugirl's music video.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

my sources say no new uniform for the ducks for the civil war. But nike will have a one time uniform for the ducks for the bowl game.
KeenanHowry15
Three Star Recruit

Post by KeenanHowry15 »

spacefrog13x wrote:my sources say no new uniform for the ducks for the civil war. But nike will have a one time uniform for the ducks for the bowl game.
who's your source?