Pro Combat Throwbacks???

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Pro Combat Throwbacks???

Post by Hoagduck »

spacefrog13x wrote:my sources say no new uniform for the ducks for the civil war. But nike will have a one time uniform for the ducks for the bowl game.
So they have white and green throwbacks then? Yaknow, just in case?
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

same source that I used when I had the first pictures of the duck uniform with the wings on it.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

I dont mean to be obtuse. But my sources are sportswear buyers who work with major apparel chains.
KeenanHowry15
Three Star Recruit

Post by KeenanHowry15 »

spacefrog13x wrote:I dont mean to be obtuse. But my sources are sportswear buyers who work with major apparel chains.
Oh gotcha. Thats good to know. Im excited to see what these jerseys look like
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

spacefrog13x wrote:I dont mean to be obtuse. But my sources are sportswear buyers who work with major apparel chains.
any chance you know if the oregon gloves will be available for sale anytime soon. the ones that make the o when put together?
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

spacefrog13x wrote:my sources say no new uniform for the ducks for the civil war. But nike will have a one time uniform for the ducks for the bowl game.
Didn't seem logical that Nike would put so much into the "Giant Killer" campaign, just to swallow it up with the ducks coming out in some surprise unis...thanks for the info!
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

Biggus Duckus wrote:I hope we don't have a new uni just for the bowl game.
There will be new uniforms if the Ducks make it to the national title game. Unfortunately, the Ducks are the away team.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
bigducksfan
One Star Recruit

Post by bigducksfan »

Bumi wrote:
There will be new uniforms if the Ducks make it to the national title game. Unfortunately, the Ducks are the away team.

I don't question your sources, but the fact that we don't know whether we will be home/away for our bowl game makes me have my doubts.

We have a contract with Nike that requires us to change our uniforms after each 2 year cycle. We have debuted each new version at home so far, and added the other versions before the start of the next year.

By that logic, you are telling me that Nike has already made multiple version of next years uniforms...and have managed to keep it under wraps this long? I doubt it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

bigducksfan wrote:
Bumi wrote:

I don't question your sources, but the fact that we don't know whether we will be home/away for our bowl game makes me have my doubts.

We have a contract with Nike that requires us to change our uniforms after each 2 year cycle. We have debuted each new version at home so far, and added the other versions before the start of the next year.

By that logic, you are telling me that Nike has already made multiple version of next years uniforms...and have managed to keep it under wraps this long? I doubt it.
I think that we get new unis every 3 years since the Kellen Clemens-era ones were from 2003-2005, the diamondplate ones from 2006-2008, and now our current ones we got in 2009. By that measure, the new ones should be released at the end of next season or before the beginning of the 2011 season.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I was really hoping we would stay #1 so we could have home uni advantage, but I'll take whatever. They could wear a paper sack for all I care as long as we get to the NC.
Last edited by MFRDuckFan on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

bigducksfan wrote:
Bumi wrote:

From what I was told, it's a special uniform for the bowl game and the bowl game only. Which, considering this being Oregon's first national title game(God willing), and Phil being Phil, isn't surprising.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

greenyellow wrote:
bigducksfan wrote:
Bumi wrote:

I think that we get new unis every 3 years since the Kellen Clemens-era ones were from 2003-2005, the diamondplate ones from 2006-2008, and now our current ones we got in 2009. By that measure, the new ones should be released at the end of next season or before the beginning of the 2011 season.
Correct. The uniform cycle is every 3 years, not 2.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:This is the first I've heard of having a contract with Nike mandating new unis every 2-3 years. It's just been that way by coincidence so far.
I don't know if there is a contract, but it seems to be a pretty good cycle thus far. I guess we will find out next season.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:So far I'm not getting sick of these uniforms, especially when we tweak things like the yellow numbers and added the yellow helmet.

the Thunder and Lightning jerseys before them.
Ugh, the Thunder and Lightning jerseys from the Kellen era were so god awful.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Anyone else been noticing the wings & number peeling off the last 2 games? It was really bad against Cal. Whether its the plan or not, its time for some new uni's ha. I personally love the current style & hope they stick with the same idea, just tweak things. Gotta keep the wings.