Oregon projected to be #1 in BCS tomorrow

Post by gofightingducks »

More uniform choices!

http://bcsguru.com/
spinseeker
Freshman

Re: Oregon projected to be #1 in BCS tomorrow

Post by spinseeker »

gofightingducks wrote:More uniform choices!

I don't think he has factored in all the #1 votes that will move to Auburn in the human polls.

I bet Auburn extends their lead. We probably gain a bit in the computers, but not enough to offset the human polls change.

Reason for the computer jump is cause they won't get a normal bump for beating the same team twice while we have another road win.
duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckpoint »

from the bcs guru site

Here's another idea that makes this entire expansion beyond stupid - why in the world do you play NINE games in conference and reduce your game to a meaningless rematch between a powerful team and a lucky one? The SEC understands this, the Big 12 does not. That's why rematches in the SECCG are comparatively rare. Who wants to see a game you saw 2 months ago that is pretty much meaningless?

wasn't the sec "championship" game a meaningless rematch this year?!
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

spinseeker wrote:

I don't think he has factored in all the #1 votes that will move to Auburn in the human polls.

I bet Auburn extends their lead. We probably gain a bit in the computers, but not enough to offset the human polls change.

Reason for the computer jump is cause they won't get a normal bump for beating the same team twice while we have another road win.
what makes you think that we'll drop in the human bowls? they've had us number 1 for 2 months why would they change now? You see this every year, most pollsters pick their top team in late October and they keep them at number 1 no matter what unless they lose.
HugeInTheEug
Three Star Recruit

Post by HugeInTheEug »

DarronThomas1 wrote:
spinseeker wrote:

what makes you think that we'll drop in the human bowls? they've had us number 1 for 2 months why would they change now? You see this every year, most pollsters pick their top team in late October and they keep them at number 1 no matter what unless they lose.
We'll remain number one still, but our total points can still drop.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

HugeInTheEug wrote:
DarronThomas1 wrote:
spinseeker wrote:

We'll remain number one still, but our total points can still drop.
maybe there will be a slight drop but we are going to make up some ground with the computers.
Nightowl
Two Star Recruit

Post by Nightowl »

Don't expect us to go to #1 since I am anticipating Auburn to close ground in the Human Polls.

Could not care less, either. Win the Day! One. More. Time.
oregon
Three Star Recruit

Post by oregon »

Nightowl wrote:Don't expect us to go to #1 since I am anticipating Auburn to close ground in the Human Polls.

Could not care less, either. Win the Day! One. More. Time.
Word.
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

It doesn't matter, but I see Auburn remaining #1 due to their SOS alone. Plus, they've played one more game that the Ducks. Though, I'd prefer if the Ducks were able to wear home jerseys for the game.

But aren't the "War Machine" jerseys already in production?
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

DarronThomas1 wrote:
spinseeker wrote:

We have been hemorrhaging votes for three weeks, ever since the close win against Cal. Auburn has looked better and better. They have been getting the votes we're losing.

It may be closer to 50/50 this week instead of 70/30 thereby widening Auburn's lead.

I sure hope not because I would love to be able to wear the throw backs. But it would surprise me if we were #1.
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

spinseeker wrote:
DarronThomas1 wrote:
spinseeker wrote:

We have been hemorrhaging votes for three weeks, ever since the close win against Cal. Auburn has looked better and better. They have been getting the votes we're losing.

It may be closer to 50/50 this week instead of 70/30 thereby widening Auburn's lead.

I sure hope not because I would love to be able to wear the throw backs. But it would surprise me if we were #1.
We wouldn't be wearing the throwbacks anyway. Nike's unveiling something new for the bowl game. Supposedly, they're a inspired by Marvel's "War Machine" character.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

Hmmm. Not familiar with that character.

It would be a tribute to all the close calls and efforts from the teams before them if they go throwbacks.
That's why I hope we wear them.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

spinseeker wrote:Hmmm. Not familiar with that character.

It would be a tribute to all the close calls and efforts from the teams before them if they go throwbacks.
That's why I hope we wear them.
He's Iron Man's sidekick in the comic books and movies
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Why would we have jerseys already in production when we don't even know what colors we will be wearing, and have been shifting in the polls the last few weeks?
Because the likely hood of jumping Auburn tomorrow is very slim.

There was a discussion about this in one of the uniform threads. The throwback one I think.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Why would we have jerseys already in production when we don't even know what colors we will be wearing, and have been shifting in the polls the last few weeks?
I'm sure they have white and coloured jerseys ready. This is a multi-billion dollar corporation after all, I think they can figure something out.