BCS Show aka Oregon's lucky Cal missed the FG

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Re: BCS Show aka Oregon's lucky Cal missed the FG

Post by AJ_U »

Something every team has to go through before they get as far as we have.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I liked Chip's comment about the pace of the game making the broadcasters being quiet more.
keeerrrttt1
Two Star Recruit

Post by keeerrrttt1 »

Way to go Lou, always bringing the lunacy...forget that Oregon missed two FGs, and knelt on the ball to end when they could've scored as well.
Or, to put it in Lou's language...Shesh pashesh osh esh OR-EEE-GONE eesh sheash.
http://www.CampusAttic.com ~ It's Always Gameday
Follow us: @CampusAttic

DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

You know, it's not like Auburn needed late collapses by Miss State and Clemson to get here.
keeerrrttt1
Two Star Recruit

Post by keeerrrttt1 »

Don't forget injuries to Mallett or McElroy, otherwise Auburn very easily is a 4 loss team.
http://www.CampusAttic.com ~ It's Always Gameday
Follow us: @CampusAttic

uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Biggus Duckus wrote:No surprised, Oregon is #2 and Stanford is #4 and will get an automatic bid.

Lou Holtz says Oregon is lucky that Cal missed the FG, I guess they just like to stir the pot.
Is that what he was saying? All I heard was a guy gargling a bunch of marbles in his mouth.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Didn't Lou also say that Notre Dame was going to win the Natty this year? Who really cares what he has to say. :roll:
Chip will answer with "Win the Day" :D
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

In all fairness, the comment prior to that was also about clemson completing a 5yd pass in OT and Auburn's not there so he did it with both teams.

/nbd
thegb2001
Three Star Recruit

Post by thegb2001 »

Duck07 wrote:In all fairness, the comment prior to that was also about clemson completing a 5yd pass in OT and Auburn's not there so he did it with both teams.

/nbd
yeah but still that is at the end of the game and a direct impact on the final score. lou and others keep saying we almost lost if cal made the field, which completely is out of context with what actually happened. if i heard that and was not an oregon fan, and saw the final score, would feel it was in the last seconds, win in reality i wish they would have made it and we went down and scored a td or field goal. doesnt matter we know what happened and were 12 and 0!! something i could only dream of.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

duck55 wrote:Didn't Lou also say that Notre Dame was going to win the Natty this year? Who really cares what he has to say. :roll:
Chip will answer with "Win the Day" :D
That was last year, but not the point.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

thegb2001 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:In all fairness, the comment prior to that was also about clemson completing a 5yd pass in OT and Auburn's not there so he did it with both teams.

/nbd
yeah but still that is at the end of the game and a direct impact on the final score. lou and others keep saying we almost lost if cal made the field, which completely is out of context with what actually happened. if i heard that and was not an oregon fan, and saw the final score, would feel it was in the last seconds, win in reality i wish they would have made it and we went down and scored a td or field goal. doesnt matter we know what happened and were 12 and 0!! something i could only dream of.
exactly, the miss happened with 9 minutes left, The Ducks bled all 9 minutes afterward and got into the red zone. If they had needed a score, they would have scored.
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:No surprised, Oregon is #2 and Stanford is #4 and will get an automatic bid.

Lou Holtz says Oregon is lucky that Cal missed the FG, I guess they just like to stir the pot.
He did start off by saying that it was lucky for both to go undefeated, but he seemed to say it like it was a BAD thing to be lucky. It's as if he forgot that his last national championship team was lucky Michigan missed a field goal their first game and not to mention the famous Catholics vs. Convicts game that year...
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Well, it is completely justified since Auburn didn't have a single close game this year..... .right?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

By that logic - Cal is lucky Oregon missed two field goals and decided to bleed out the clock instead of score on the final drive.

It's abundantly clear that old sack of vomit didn't even watch the game.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

/nbd
They were basically talking about getting lucky in games that you win, hence his comment about the field goal missed by Cal. Of course, if he had actually watched the game or understood it, he would have recognized that had Cal made the FG, the Ducks would have gone down & scored to secure the win but since we didn't, Chip burned the clock. Lou uses whatever he can to make his case, even though it only contains half truths.