Damn

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Damn

Post by Duckattack7 »

The talking heads are bagging on our Pass D.
Return Of the Quack!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Damn

Post by buckmarkduck »

And after watching what Foles and Luck did to it why wouldn't they? That said, they are wrong Newton is no Luck or Foles throwing the ball, he's barely Katz.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Duckattack7 wrote:The talking heads are bagging on our Pass D.
Get used to it. Its going to be "lol Oregon" for the next month with everyone on Auburns nuts.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Yeahh very true
Return Of the Quack!
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

UofO8 wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:The talking heads are bagging on our Pass D.
Get used to it. Its going to be "lol Oregon" for the next month with everyone on Auburns nuts.
As long as it drives that betting line up, I'll be happy.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

Newton's best passing comes on broken plays. The pressure will get there, but he'll get out of it and buy more time, and then somebody has gotten away from their defender and they'll be wide open for him. Oregon's defenses is going to have to play ridiculously disciplined and hope that our standard pass rush and put up pressure.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Our D just has to play him the same way we have played QB's like Locker. Force him to stay in the pocket and not give him lanes to gash us for long easy runs. It's not like the D doesn't go against mobile QB's everyday of practice, yes he's bigger so you have to tackle better, but I think our D could end up surpising a lot of people in this game.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

I am confident that Matthews will play light out in NCG! book it!
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I am sure we will give up a lot of yards. I just hope our offense is better than their defense to balance things out.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
AUtigerCourt
One Star Recruit

Post by AUtigerCourt »

The talking heads like to bag on our pass D as well.

They love to point out how all of the SEC receivers have pretty much lit up our secondary, but we're a 2nd half team and our defense makes the adjustments in the second half.
W∆Γ EAGLE!!!!
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

AUtigerCourt wrote:The talking heads like to bag on our pass D as well.

They love to point out how all of the SEC receivers have pretty much lit up our secondary, but we're a 2nd half team and our defense makes the adjustments in the second half.
That sounds eerily familiar.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

AUtigerCourt wrote:The talking heads like to bag on our pass D as well.

Haha you can take that. I haven't seen one analyst pick against Auburn yet. Or many people pick against Auburn for that matter.
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

better than Auburn's...
AUtigerCourt
One Star Recruit

Post by AUtigerCourt »

UofO8 wrote: Haha you can take that. I haven't seen one analyst pick against Auburn yet. Or many people pick against Auburn for that matter.
Honestly, the analysts have been picking against us all season...right now it is almost like they're trying to make up for all the bad publicity they've given us in the past month. It's a complete 180 from where they were about 3 weeks ago.
W∆Γ EAGLE!!!!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This is going to be a phenomenal game, and I think the experience of facing Terrel Pryor in the Rose Bowl is going to pay off. I was at that game, and we actually kept him from getting too many yards with his feet. We were -this- close to getting some key stops on his passing game, too... a few of his passes were hail marrys that his teammates miraculously caught. Our secondary is much sharper than it was last season, and our guys seem to do a much better job of grabbing INTs. I think we'll do surprisingly well against Newton. I mean, the guy will get his yards and points, for sure... but I don't see him cutting through us like butter all game long.

Our D has faced highly mobile QBs for the past several years, and Locker, Threat, Luck (when he chooses to run, he's lethal) etc. are also mobile QBs. We also had to scheme for UCLA's pistol offense. I'd venture to say that we have more experience in dealing with true dual-threat QBs than anyone else out there.

Plus, our defense is flat-out fast. Tackling that big Newton will be an issue, but he won't be able to run away from our defenders, either.
Willie Taggart is a dick.