Damn

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Damn

Post by karlhungis »

AUtigerCourt wrote:
UofO8 wrote: Haha you can take that. I haven't seen one analyst pick against Auburn yet. Or many people pick against Auburn for that matter.
Honestly, the analysts have been picking against us all season...right now it is almost like they're trying to make up for all the bad publicity they've given us in the past month. It's a complete 180 from where they were about 3 weeks ago.
Well, now you guys are matched up with a Pac10 team so they don't have to pick between two SEC schools. They can let their bias show freely now.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
aubiematt
One Star Recruit

Post by aubiematt »

karlhungis wrote:
AUtigerCourt wrote:
UofO8 wrote: Haha you can take that. I haven't seen one analyst pick against Auburn yet. Or many people pick against Auburn for that matter.
Honestly, the analysts have been picking against us all season...right now it is almost like they're trying to make up for all the bad publicity they've given us in the past month. It's a complete 180 from where they were about 3 weeks ago.
Well, now you guys are matched up with a Pac10 team so they don't have to pick between two SEC schools. They can let their bias show freely now.
I really wish the media would stop talking about Auburn though. Auburn does better as the underdog.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

aubiematt wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
AUtigerCourt wrote:
I really wish the media would stop talking about Auburn though. Auburn does better as the underdog.
Well, 6 weeks is a LOOOONG time and the media is only going to get worse about this.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

aubiematt wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
AUtigerCourt wrote:
Not gonna happen bro. ESPN will be all over Auburn & Cam's jock from now until the title game. I'll be surprised if they even remember who Auburn is playing by the time the game rolls around.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

aubiematt wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
AUtigerCourt wrote:
:lol: Get used to it. Its only been one day and its already kind of annoying, only going to get worse. We have 5 weeks to go and i am sure by the time the game roles around it will be Auburn vs "uhhh...that other team that got thrown in there."
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Probly true, provided that Cam Newton isnt nailed by the NCAA...Then, the tides will turn.....Hard to believe that they havent already disqualified him....
No, I dont want that, as we wish to play AU at full strength....But, damn, after the Bush mess at SC, one would think that the NCAA wouldnt put up with this crap any longer....

Hard to fathom that this practice is "acceptable" in some peoples eyes....I can only imagine the depth that we would have if PK bought the rights to players....
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I'm fully expecting the media to extol Cam as the second coming and we don't really need to play the game at all because the Ducks don't stand a chance, why bother. Our D line is too small, we've never really played anybody and we are in the Pac10 so there you go. And according to Craig James this evening, if he could, he would vote 3 times for Cam.

That's okay. Starting on Saturday, the Ducks focus on the business at hand and Win The Day. Let Auburn be the media darlings because in the end it doesn't matter. Let the fans say whatever they want because nothing will change the fact that the game has to be played and you never know, the Ducks could win this thing.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I'm fully expecting the media to extol Cam as the second coming and we don't really need to play the game at all because the Ducks don't stand a chance, why bother. Our D line is too small, we've never really played anybody and we are in the Pac10 so there you go. And according to Craig James this evening, if he could, he would vote 3 times for Cam.

That's okay. Starting on Saturday, the Ducks focus on the business at hand and Win The Day. Let Auburn be the media darlings because in the end it doesn't matter. Let the fans say whatever they want because nothing will change the fact that the game has to be played and you never know, the Ducks could win this thing.
Wow, I am impressed....THE VOICE OF REASON....
btw, mfr, we bought tickets thru a service...hope u figure out how to get some...
JohnnyAuburn
Two Star Recruit

Post by JohnnyAuburn »

karlhungis wrote:
AUtigerCourt wrote:
This is more true than you know. A lot of Auburn fans haven't done this but if you step back and look, there is a distinct shift in media opinions when we beat Alabama. They refused to give us credit because a lot of them sounded like they assumed that we were going to lose to Alabama, like it was inevitable. Fortunately, they were wrong, and since that game, they're all over us. You guys should look to herbstreit though, he's leaning towards auburn now, but I'm willing to bet he changes his tune by the time the game rolls around.

For the record, this game scares me as much as it might scare any of ya'll. I've said the same to Auburn fans down here but anyone that isn't at least a little nervous about this game in some respect is fooling themselves.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I need to go to bed, but I still can't believe we're playing for the national championship.

I need to go to bed...
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

JohnnyAuburn wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
AUtigerCourt wrote:
This is more true than you know. A lot of Auburn fans haven't done this but if you step back and look, there is a distinct shift in media opinions when we beat Alabama. They refused to give us credit because a lot of them sounded like they assumed that we were going to lose to Alabama, like it was inevitable. Fortunately, they were wrong, and since that game, they're all over us. You guys should look to herbstreit though, he's leaning towards auburn now, but I'm willing to bet he changes his tune by the time the game rolls around.
Doubtful. He liked picking us when it didn't really matter, but now that its for the big game, he immediately hopped on Auburn. (even said so tonight) I fully expect everyone to be sleeping on their Cam Newton Auburn bed sheets for the next month.
JohnnyAuburn
Two Star Recruit

Post by JohnnyAuburn »

UofO8 wrote:
JohnnyAuburn wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
AUtigerCourt wrote:
Doubtful. He liked picking us when it didn't really matter, but now that its for the big game, he immediately hopped on Auburn. (even said so tonight) I fully expect everyone to be sleeping on their Cam Newton Auburn bed sheets for the next month.
Haha, I've got mine nice and clean! I can lend you a set if you'd like...
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

buckmarkduck wrote:And after watching what Foles and Luck did to it why wouldn't they? That said, they are wrong Newton is no Luck or Foles throwing the ball, he's barely Katz.
I would love to be able to agree with this. But, I can't.

From what I've seen, Cam Newton throws the ball very well. On top of that, they have some big, fast receivers that I'm afraid will over-match our smallish secondary.

I think that we'll be able to slow their run game, including Newton. But, making some big plays against the pass is going to be key, imo.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

JohnnyAuburn wrote:
UofO8 wrote:
JohnnyAuburn wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
AUtigerCourt wrote:
I'm down. It will go nice with my War Eagle pillow case.
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

UofO8 wrote:
JohnnyAuburn wrote:
UofO8 wrote:
JohnnyAuburn wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
AUtigerCourt wrote: Honestly, the analysts have been picking against us all season...right now it is almost like they're trying to make up for all the bad publicity they've given us in the past month. It's a complete 180 from where they were about 3 weeks ago.
I'm down. It will go nice with my War Eagle pillow case.
Ahhh, you upgraded now that the pillow fights over here in the PAC 10 are over? :roll:

I heard they don't have pillow fights in the SEC, it's smash mouth football. ImageImage

ImageSEC