Just Wondering

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Bigducker
Freshman

Just Wondering

Post by Bigducker »

Just wondering what the knuckleheads are now thinking. Holland, Masoli, Tonio Celotto, Embry, Rivera, and I'm sure I'm missing a few, all leaving for a dumb reason or getting kicked off the team.
I know Celotto and Rivera weren't bad kids they just made some bad decisions which I know they regret and I'm sure guys like Gaines and D. Jackson are probably wishing they would have hit the books a little harder.
Those coulda, shoulda, woulda's are probably dancing in their brains. If there not, they will be.

Hope they all have a nice comfortable chair in front of their TV.
ducksrock
Senior

Re: Just Wondering

Post by ducksrock »

Bigducker wrote:Just wondering what the knuckleheads are now thinking. Holland, Masoli, Tonio Celotto, Embry, Rivera, and I'm sure I'm missing a few, all leaving for a dumb reason or getting kicked off the team.
I know Celotto and Rivera weren't bad kids they just made some bad decisions which I know they regret and I'm sure guys like Gaines and D. Jackson are probably wishing they would have hit the books a little harder.
Those coulda, shoulda, woulda's are probably dancing in their brains. If there not, they will be.

I was wondering the same thing earlier today...I used Holland as an example when i mentioned it to the wife, but the same applies to all of em...
OregonMAX
Three Star Recruit

Post by OregonMAX »

It's a good thing for us that Gaines was so bad at school, because his domestic violence charges or whatever it was would've really hurt our national perception after everything that happened.
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Guys like Holland & Embry probably hate us & think none of what they did was their fault. Thats just how those guys operate. Masoli said he still follows us & roots for us. I bet he regrets what he did every day.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I think about this more in relation to recruits that chose other teams over the ducks than I do about players who have left the program. I wonder what a guy like Ethan Grant is thinking as he spent his redshirt year not playing down in Texas, while his buddy Huff is making highlights on a National Championship run.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

But this opens up a whole new debate, would we be in this position if they were with the program? These are the guys who didn't and wouldn't buy into Chips philosophy and their sh*tty attitude would've spread like a disease in the locker room. I seriously doubt JM could've led us to the NC this year. Probably a Rose Bowl, but I seriously doubt he would give our offense the balance it has with DT.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:But this opens up a whole new debate, would we be in this position if they were with the program? These are the guys who didn't and wouldn't buy into Chips philosophy and their sh*tty attitude would've spread like a disease in the locker room. I seriously doubt JM could've led us to the NC this year. Probably a Rose Bowl, but I seriously doubt he would give our offense the balance it has with DT.
Agreed. I don't think we would be undefeated if Masoli was still our QB.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

karlhungis wrote:
gregspechtismyhero wrote:But this opens up a whole new debate, would we be in this position if they were with the program? These are the guys who didn't and wouldn't buy into Chips philosophy and their sh*tty attitude would've spread like a disease in the locker room. I seriously doubt JM could've led us to the NC this year. Probably a Rose Bowl, but I seriously doubt he would give our offense the balance it has with DT.
Agreed. I don't think we would be undefeated if Masoli was still our QB.
I think most would agree, Thomas has done a masterful job and he's only going to better.
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

Bigducker wrote:Just wondering what the knuckleheads are now thinking. Holland, Masoli, Tonio Celotto, Embry, Rivera, and I'm sure I'm missing a few, all leaving for a dumb reason or getting kicked off the team.

Seriously when we kept losing those guys i thought it meant we wouldnt be able to do what we did the last two years...but i quickly realized i forgot we had the most important recruit still on board...10 star recruit Chip Kelly
Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

bigfootlebowski wrote:

Seriously when we kept losing those guys i thought it meant we wouldnt be able to do what we did the last two years...but i quickly realized i forgot we had the most important recruit still on board...10 star recruit Chip Kelly
+1000
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Holiday Bowl maybe, may have lost to Furd & ASU