Things Barners say..

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Re: Things Barners say..

Post by goducks75 »

AubOrange wrote:I've said earlier this season, 2010 Oregon is the best college football team I've seen since 2005 Texas.

I'm scared out of my mind.
I think the comparison to the 2005 Longhorn team is actually closer to this year's Auburn team. Cam Newton is hands down the best player in college football just as Vince Young was that year. Got the size, wheels, and can make the key throws when necessary. Outside of that, I personally think the parallels between this Auburn and Oregon team are absolutely astounding. Quick strike offenses (ours has been quicker than yours overall) who can run ball control offense when they need to (Auburn utilizes this more often but I became confident Oregon could when they had the 9 1/2 minute drive against Cal to end the game) and undersized defenses (ours more so than yours obviously) who play well in key situations. Both have fantastic coaching (Malzahn and Kelly are bar none the two best offensive minds in college football right now) and neither teams give up when faced with adversity (Kentucky and Clemson games for you guys and the Cal game for us. We've been down in several games early but we also ended up pulling away). It's because of these similarities that I think this may end up being one of the greatest national title games since '05 Texas/USC or the '02 Miami/Ohio State games. I really can't wait for this one.

Oh and you best believe I'm worried as hell about you guys too.
shear_j
Four Star Recruit

Post by shear_j »

AubOrange wrote:I've said earlier this season, 2010 Oregon is the best college football team I've seen since 2005 Texas.

I'm scared out of my mind.
Nice to know I'm not the only one very nervous about this :mrgreen:
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

snapt wrote:
goducks75 wrote:
gregspechtismyhero wrote::lol: :lol: I love it. Cowherd said this morning it'll be Auburn by 3 TD's.
Cowherd's had it out for us since day 1.... I mean I get that the guy is doing what he does as a shtick and all (I really don't blame him because he had to get out of the shitty northwest media market somehow, otherwise he'd be no better off than clownzano), but I think he's bought into it over time... I guess all there is to do is to prove him wrong yet again...
Cowherd looks for every reason to throw us under the bus. All we heard before the Furd game, was how their physical line would dominate us. Whoever the retard filling in for Doug G. was saying nothing but the same.
Exactly, but no it CLEARLY means Stanford sucks and Oregon is still not that good. Guy's sipped way too much of his own kool-aid and I'd be willing to bet he'll be making nothing but excuses if Oregon pulls it off or if Auburn wins in a close one (I have my doubts about the latter since he'd be saying he picked the right team to win).
duckscribe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckscribe »

JohnnyAuburn
Two Star Recruit

Post by JohnnyAuburn »

buckmarkduck wrote:Ha, just heard a even better one, an Auburn fans said that Stanford (yes 4th in the BCS) would be lucky to finish 8-4 in the SEC. In just a few days the arrogance is already shining through. I just wish the tree could have played LSU in a BCS game.

I can't wait until Jan 10.
Any team, including Auburn, would need luck to be higher than 8-4 in the SEC west this year. We won close ones against Miss State, Clemson, Kentucky, S. Carolina, and Alabama.

That said, it isn't luck that wins the SEC, nor is it speed or strength or skill. It is pure depth and resilience, and neither one will help us that much in Glendale because neither team is playing a week after some other tough opponent.

As an SEC fan, its difficult to explain that I don't think that Oregon or Boise, or TCU can't beat us (well... not Boise), I think that in an isolated game on a neutral field, any of those teams have a chance. What we ARE saying, however, is that if you had to play Arkansas, Auburn, and LSU back to back to back, you would need more than a little luck to get out without a loss and that any team that can get out of a schedule like that undefeated has done something extremely impressive.
AubOrange
One Star Recruit

Post by AubOrange »

I think the comparison to the 2005 Longhorn team is actually closer to this year's Auburn team. Cam Newton is hands down the best player in college football just as Vince Young was that year. Got the size, wheels, and can make the key throws when necessary. Outside of that, I personally think the parallels between this Auburn and Oregon team are absolutely astounding. Quick strike offenses (ours has been quicker than yours overall) who can run ball control offense when they need to (Auburn utilizes this more often but I became confident Oregon could when they had the 9 1/2 minute drive against Cal to end the game) and undersized defenses (ours more so than yours obviously) who play well in key situations. Both have fantastic coaching (Malzahn and Kelly are bar none the two best offensive minds in college football right now) and neither teams give up when faced with adversity (Kentucky and Clemson games for you guys and the Cal game for us. We've been down in several games early but we also ended up pulling away). It's because of these similarities that I think this may end up being one of the greatest national title games since '05 Texas/USC or the '02 Miami/Ohio State games. I really can't wait for this one.

Oh and you best believe I'm worried as hell about you guys too.
The thing about 05 Texas is that they just absolutely clobbered people, week in and week out, and they, like this year's Oregon, never let off the gas, all game, every game.

But it's not just a comparison thing. I just think Oregon this year is one of the most complete, put-together teams there has been in years. From the speed (good Lord that speed), to Kelly's offense, to the speed on defense. I remember joking once that this year's Oregon is the best team from year 2025 -- it just seems like that offense is the future of football. And just from what I've seen in interviews all year, the leadership, it just seems like LaMicheal James and Darren Thomas and Casey Matthews and some other players too would be leaders and team captains on any team in the country and would be the glue in the locker room, and Oregon's got a lot of those type of guys.

And if you think I'm just blowing smoke because I'm on this message board, here's me gushing over Oregon from early October, lol; http://twitter.com/AubOrange/status/26233672775
AubOrange
One Star Recruit

Post by AubOrange »

I don't want to get into the whole SEC superiority thing, but I will say that I think Stanford would be a 2 or 3 loss if they were in the West.

The thing is, yeah it's a grind, week-in and week-out, only get 1 bye week, all that. But the thing is, you just gotta be lucky with your schedule in the SEC. This year, we've had a favorable schedule, getting most of the tough ones at home.

But, like, say next year; Auburn has a stretch of at South Carolina, at Arkansas, vs Florida, at LSU, all back to back to back to back, with no bye weeks before or after. There's no way in hell we're going to survive that undefeated, no matter how good we are.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Of all the things I've seen so far this is just wrong. So AU has a cheerleader thread, and a couple of the AU fans said about our cheerleaders, and I can't make this up seriously, they said "color me not impressed" :lol:
JohnnyAuburn
Two Star Recruit

Post by JohnnyAuburn »

buckmarkduck wrote:Of all the things I've seen so far this is just wrong. So AU has a cheerleader thread, and a couple of the AU fans said about our cheerleaders, and I can't make this up seriously, they said "color me not impressed" :lol:
Yeah, guy doesn't know what he's talking about. I've seen your cheerleaders. To be honest, with the exception of AUTigerCourt ;) , the hottest girls in the SEC are usually in the stands.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

duckscribe wrote:Promoting Cam Newton?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WynwlxC0 ... r_embedded
:shock: :shock: That...........was............disturbing.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

JohnnyAuburn wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Of all the things I've seen so far this is just wrong. So AU has a cheerleader thread, and a couple of the AU fans said about our cheerleaders, and I can't make this up seriously, they said "color me not impressed" :lol:
Yeah, guy doesn't know what he's talking about. I've seen your cheerleaders. To be honest, with the exception of AUTigerCourt ;) , the hottest girls in the SEC are usually in the stands.
We here at the UofO are proud of our cheerleaders :lol:
:shock: :shock: That...........was............disturbing.
Sweet beard though....right?!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

JohnnyAuburn wrote:
I've noticed that with a lot of schools in the South.
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

JohnnyAuburn wrote:
If you have any doubters over there, tell them to watch this video:

http://winesfamily.blogspot.com/2010/05 ... o-hot.html
WarEagleABD
One Star Recruit

Post by WarEagleABD »

I totally agree with y'all about the cheerleaders. Oregon has for sometime put a fine squad on the sideline. They have been my desktop background a time or two ;) So your girls are number 1 in my book.
oregon232
Two Star Recruit

Post by oregon232 »

AUtigerCourt wrote:Just curious Oregon232, where do you go to school?

So far, I've heard a lot of people mention that they are nervous about this game.

I love my Auburn Tigers, and I think we have a great team. But I've said it since the beginning that we are very beatable. I think our team's resilience is what has gotten us the win in a lot of our games this season.

From what I've seen of Oregon, y'all have a great team that is super fast. It gets me excited, but nervous at the same time!

Regardless, I cannot WAIT until Jan 10! It's going to be a great game!

Harvard on the Highway, aka Faulkner St. Community college. I am sure there are a lot of AU fans coming into this game with a level head and expecting it to be a dog fight. Every fan base has their morons though.