Canzano needs to go

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Re: Canzano needs to go

Post by goducks75 »

Duck07 wrote:Geez hung out with sinners and those considered the "dregs of society." I suppose Canzano should also write an article telling Geez who he should hang out with.

Generally speaking, someone like Clownzano who makes presumptuous comments/arguments like he has in the past is not someone whose moral compass is strong. Further, the implication that the Clown knows whats best for LMJ w/o actually having spoken to him or the people involved only serves to further drive home the fact that this article is not in fact a warning for LMJ but instead an attack on the character of his person.
If Geez were living today in this society there is absolutely no way he'd get any attention (he hardly did in Roman society when he was alive and the little attention he did receive from the province he was in was for disturbing the peace/stability). But if Geez were for whatever reason then yes, Canzano absolutely would.....
ducklovinlady
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducklovinlady »

aduck4ever wrote:Post from Lamichael

"Lamichael James
Needs to sit down and think about the people that's in my inner circle and make a cut in the depth chart..."

Not sure if it has anything to do with the article but seems to fit.
Yes and it makes me wonder if he's taking Canzano's advice and reconsidering his relationship with Brown or he's talking about Canzano's "source." I'm going with the latter.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The Oregonian would be smart to cut it's inner circle and get rid of Canzano, but their depth chart is just a who's who of cr@p journalists and columnists.
TriDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by TriDuck »

Nice premise, John. Any time you can get a pit bull and a "gang banger" in the same column is a fine day, right?

I agree that Brown probably is not the sort of role model LMJ would benefit from. Legitimate topic for a column. I wonder, though, why you only caught on to Brown's arrest almost a month later.

But my real problem with the column is the sourcing. Not exactly Woodwardesque.

You "heard" that James adopted a pit bull and kept it at Brown's house? Heard from who? When? What's the pit bull's name? Favorite food? And why don't you write what you really think here, John? Is it the pit bull that bothers you, or that LMJ would kennel any breed of dog at Brown's house? Trying to avoid the appearance of racism by skirting around a subject doesn't really work.

And your "source familiar with the investigation?" How familiar? You could be a bit more specific without revealing the source's identity, right? I'm wondering how familiar this person could be, given that you quote the person as saying "it's my understanding." Which is another way of saying, "I don't really know, but I've heard." Sound familiar? We've all "heard" all sorts of things that weren't true.

And what does "if it was an inheritance, it wasn't handled correctly" mean, exactly? Is the dead grandma a tax cheat, or what? If grandma bequeaths money to her grandson, is that an improper benefit?

Also, what's the connection between an allegedly improperly handled inheritance and the "chaos" and "dysfunction" in LMJ's life? You mean dysfunctional families aren't as adept at filling out IRS forms? What's your point? Do you have a checklist of words that you have to fit into a column of this type, and you got halfway down and realized you hadn't used "chaos" and "dysfunction" yet?

And please spare us the sanctimony. No rational person believes that you're "glad Brown cares about James' well-being." Why do you feel it's necessary to try to persuade us that you believe that?

Anyway, keep digging at this John. I'll be waiting eagerly for verified information about that suspicious $9,000. And by verified I don't mean what you "heard" or what someone's "understanding" is.

You wouldn't neglect to write another column if it turns out there was nothing suspicious at all about that money, right?

I mean you'd feel a little guilty if that were the case, no doubt. A sportswriter of the year would do something like that.

Oregon: The "Real" number 1 team
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I made a comment about the pitbull and he answered that there's nothing wrong with pitbulls "in the right hands". But, in "the wrong hands" they are bad.

He also just said that James should take the dog eslewhere. Something to that effect.

He didn't have a response to my point that the article reads like a high school gossip session. :D
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

wheaton4prez wrote:I made a comment about the pitbull and he answered that there's nothing wrong with pitbulls "in the right hands". But, in "the wrong hands" they are bad.
same with word processors
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Destroyer77 wrote:If Canzano was engulfed in flames, and I had a fire hose, I would not put him out.
He is the one man in RL that I would spit on if I saw him.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
fanoftherain
One Star Recruit

Post by fanoftherain »

duckscribe wrote:We chat about him but nothing ever gets done. Maybe that's what the paper wants. Just to rile us up so we'll come back for more?

I've never been so stomping mad but what good does it do?

What can WE do?
This is a great question. What can WE do? Something needs to be done. He just writes this crap to get more readers.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

fanoftherain wrote:
duckscribe wrote:We chat about him but nothing ever gets done. Maybe that's what the paper wants. Just to rile us up so we'll come back for more?

I've never been so stomping mad but what good does it do?

What can WE do?
This is a great question. What can WE do? Something needs to be done. He just writes this crap to get more readers.
My wish is that Chip stops doing his radio show at least. Chips time would be better spent elsewhere. It would be good to cut Canzano & Co. off outside of the confines of the press conferences. No texts, no radio appearances, nothing. They can stand in line like everybody else.

Guys like Moseley & Adam Jude always do a great job of non-sensationalism and actually get the facts instead of posting to scare fans.

We as fans can still post our displeasure on his "articles" so those reading them from the outside know how we truly feel.
duckscribe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckscribe »

Check out the advertisers that support the Oregonian. What if we write letters that indicate we will not support them until Canzano goes? The paper is going out of business day by day. Anything we can do to speed the process will help. The more we respond to and write about Canzano, the more it fuels his paycheck.

Any other ideas?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckscribe wrote:Check out the advertisers that support the Oregonian. What if we write letters that indicate we will not support them until Canzano goes? The paper is going out of business day by day. Anything we can do to speed the process will help. The more we respond to and write about Canzano, the more it fuels his paycheck.

Any other ideas?
That's the best thing you can do really. Most other things would only serve his own interests because the Oregonian can look and say: well, regardless of inflammatory statements, he's drawing visitors/ad revenue which is what we need.

IF there was an actual boycott of products/companies using Oregonian advertisement combined with mass mailings to those companies, then yes, we could start to make a difference. I will gladly take on this role of organizing if there is a "benefactor" who would like to "employ" me to do this.

Another option, which I am incapable of doing is a DDoS hack on the Oregonian's site. Basically, you prevent anyone from being able to even access the site. This was done to mastercard yesterday for Julian Assange of Wikileaks
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The funny thing about the "inheritance" requiring a paper trail is this: When my wife's Grandma died, we found secret cash stashes all over the place... Under the mattress, under a specific floorboard in the garage, even dropped down between the wall joists in the unfinished attic. IIRC, there were a total of several thousand dollars hidden in nearly a dozen spots around her home, because she, like many people who went through the "Great Depression", didn't trust financial institutions any farther than she could throw them.

Most families in that situation would not give a second thought to distributing the "found" money.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:The funny thing about the "inheritance" requiring a paper trail is this: When my wife's Grandma died, we found secret cash stashes all over the place... Under the mattress, under a specific floorboard in the garage, even dropped down between the wall joists in the unfinished attic. IIRC, there were a total of several thousand dollars hidden in nearly a dozen spots around her home, because she, like many people who went through the "Great Depression", didn't trust financial institutions any farther than she could throw them.

Most families in that situation would not give a second thought to distributing the "found" money.
My uncle and aunt were finding money all over my grandmother's house when they were cleaning it after she died. It's not atypical to find money in the house, as well as money in the bank.
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

The question is...Who was the personal representative for the estate or trust? It was probably a parent or uncle. Not likely that LaMichael at age 20 had that responsibility. If there were issues they should fall on the personal representative, executor or trustee, not the heirs.

A cheap shot from Canzano illustrating again that half the information sell paper better than discovering that there is not a story.
fanoftherain
One Star Recruit

Post by fanoftherain »

Well I do subscribe to the Oregonian, mainly because I just enjoy getting up and reading the paper. But I will calling today to cancel my subscription, I will be making it clear he is the reason. Im tired of his crap. He seems to feel like he needs to downgrade every local team. It just pisses me off!