MLB all the steriods...

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

briarduck
Senior

MLB all the steriods...

Post by briarduck »

What are everyone's thoughts?

IMO I'm tired of the blame going around and pointing out individual players! The MLB knew they had a problem for years and did nothing to stop it and hid it in many cases, I think the entire blame should be on the league and not the players (the ones who choose to step forward) who decide to be interviewed should be done in secret and the league needs to be fixed. This is a good old fashioned witch hunt I find the whole thing pathetic!!

Its sad for the sport and the FEW that didn't take drugs but it needs to be fixed ASAP! And not by crucifying its players, although their should be definite punishments!

Thoughts?
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: MLB all the steriods...

Post by alabamaduck »

In the late 90's and early 2000's steroid use was rampant in clubhouses. I can understand why guys did it...

-The guys they were competing with for jobs were doing it
-There was no penalty for doing it as long as you weren't obvious about it
-There are health risks, but would you take something that may have health risks down the road if it meant you could increase the possibility of signing a contract that would set you and your family up for the rest of their lives?

I certainly don't condone these guys doing what they did, but put yourself in the same situation and ask yourself...What woudl I do? I think I know what my answer would be...
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I think what's in the past should stay in the past. I really don't want to hear about what players did 5-10 years ago. Players shouldn't be singled out either, but I think they are because of their status in the game. Also, I would rather have a player be honest and admit that he took steroids than have someone like Bonds who lies in front of a grand jury.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

It has made me much less interested in watching baseball.

Heck, I rather watch the Little League world series where they are clean..

Ken Griffey is the only reason I'll be watching "some" baseball this year...