South's Singler is player of year

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

briarduck
Senior

South's Singler is player of year

Post by briarduck »

By Kris Henry Varsity541.com
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 09/rss0601

Good for EJ! I really happy we are getting this guy he seems like a hard worker and someone who will fill a stat sheet in helping others succeed!

Best quote...

The role E.J. Singler has played for the South Medford boys basketball team has been undeniable, and the the 6-foot-6 senior has been rewarded for it.

Singler has been honored by the Southwest Conference coaches as the league's player of the year after leading the Panthers to a share of the SWC title. He the league with 20.6 points per game, and was tops on his own team with 10.5 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 1.3 blocked shots and 16 charges taken.

"I'm very happy for E.J.," said South Medford coach Dennis Murphy. "One of the things I think is, hard work pays off, and I think that's a great example of that. He's been a long time making himself a very good player, and he works hard and is a good teammate."

How do you not like those numbers?? We need guys like this!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: South's Singler is player of year

Post by duckgrad99 »

How is the level of competition? He has good bloodlines. :D
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Very true but you have to like that he seems to be all over the court...Rebounds, Assists, ect that shows me a lot about a player!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Yeah, hopefully Singler can do some of those things at Oregon. It definitely takes time though. Just for a little comparison, Garrett Sim averaged 23 points and 9 assists his senior season in high school.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Maybe a smaller version of Maarty??
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:Yeah, hopefully Singler can do some of those things at Oregon. It definitely takes time though. Just for a little comparison, Garrett Sim averaged 23 points and 9 assists his senior season in high school.
Just to be clear I don't think EJ is going to be star, just a good role player backing up SF/PF positions! If he can develop and become a scoring thread threat that would be a bonus but I think he will be a hustle player and give some big energy off the bench!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

briarduck wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:Yeah, hopefully Singler can do some of those things at Oregon. It definitely takes time though. Just for a little comparison, Garrett Sim averaged 23 points and 9 assists his senior season in high school.
Just to be clear I don't think EJ is going to be star, just a good role player backing up SF/PF positions! If he can develop and become a scoring thread threat that would be a bonus but I think he will be a hustle player and give some big energy off the bench!

GO DUCKS!!

Absolutely, and I agree. Do you remember someone by the name of AD Smith? I always loved the way he played, even though he didn't put up huge numbers. Looking at those stats you posted for Singler's season, I would probably be happy if he came to Oregon and put up half of those stats.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:
briarduck wrote:

GO DUCKS!!

Absolutely, and I agree. Do you remember someone by the name of AD Smith? I always loved the way he played, even though he didn't put up huge numbers. Looking at those stats you posted for Singler's season, I would probably be happy if he came to Oregon and put up half of those stats.
AD Smith was a good one I liked his game for sure! Agreed about EJ in fact if he could do that I'd be incredibly happy with him!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckduckgoose wrote:Maybe a smaller version of Maarty??
I've only seen some highlights on Singler, but maybe a Luke Jackson type player?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

His style is just like his brothers, and I really appreciate that.

Hard-worker, plays for the team, not a complainer, and everything you would want in a coach...

I'm really happy that we landed him
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Ej has done really good this year if you look at what his S. Medford team had coming back from last years team they had he and his cousin as the only returning varsity players and he gets double teamed most of the game. If he can pack on some weight (Kyle put on 30lbs between FR to SO year) by the time he is a JR he will be one of those players UO fans love and the opposition hates but respects because he is diving all around the court and getting the tough put back in a close game. He's the type of player this years team has been missing in close games the guy who keeps everyone around them focused and is a coach on the floor like a Marty, LJ or Ad Smith.
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I've only seen some highlights on Singler, but maybe a Luke Jackson type player?
I don't think he has the same sort of explosive scoring potential as LJ.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Would've rather seen it go to Spencer Coleman, but congrats to EJ
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Ej posted 30pts and 11reb in last nights first round win over David Douglas playing just 3 quarters of the games due to the blowout.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

The Singler family are awesome people. The kids are raised in a very tight knit family and the Ducks are getting an incredible kid in EJ. I will enjoy watching him as a Duck!!

Of course, what else would you expect from Medford!! Hellooo!!!!! :lol: