Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
brich75
Senior
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by brich75 »

I have been out of town for a while, when I left it looked very unlikely we would get BB.I was thrilled to come home and see we are serious contender's for Brown. Now i read this thread and I don't know what to think. I will try to stay positive but its hard when you want something so bad and BB is the N.C. that I want as a duck fan.
Image
User avatar
brich75
Senior
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by brich75 »

brich75 wrote:I have been out of town for a while, when I left it looked very unlikely we would get BB.I was thrilled to come home and see we are serious contender's for Brown. Now i read this thread and I don't know what to think. I will try to stay positive but its hard when you want something so bad and BB is the N.C. that I want as a duck fan.
P.S. whether we get BB or not, I get to take my son to his first DUCK GAME ever. That is priceless, and as soon as he gets teeth i will feed him nothing but RED MEAT till he is 18 lol.. That way he will be the next Haloti N.
Image
duckz
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:46 am

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by duckz »

I think UT is OUT. (pure speculation only)


The only thing that has been predictable in the BB/Butler saga is that drama and attention is in high order.

The visit to UT on Friday is not good for TN. To me, this is "the kiss of death."

If you hold a major press conference on Monday, you don't visit the school of your choice on the preceding Friday. This is "tipping your hand" and it diminishes your announcement on Monday.....in my opinion.

As a Duck fan, I'm okay with BB at UT on Friday. I will be surprised, but not shocked if Bryce chooses UT on Monday.


Go Ducks !!
User avatar
wheaton4prez
Senior
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by wheaton4prez »

brich75 wrote:P.S. whether we get BB or not, I get to take my son to his first DUCK GAME ever. That is priceless, and as soon as he gets teeth i will feed him nothing but RED MEAT till he is 18 lol.. That way he will be the next Haloti N.
I took mine for the first time last year. Such a great moment. :)

He can't wait to go to another game and keeps asking why football season is only during a certain part of the year.
User avatar
briarduck
Senior
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
Location: Milwaukie OR

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by briarduck »

I took my gang to their first game last year, the Spring Game, does that count?...ages 2,4 and 5!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
User avatar
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Location: Springfield, OR

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

duckz wrote:I think UT is OUT. (pure speculation only)


The only thing that has been predictable in the BB/Butler saga is that drama and attention is in high order.

The visit to UT on Friday is not good for TN. To me, this is "the kiss of death."

If you hold a major press conference on Monday, you don't visit the school of your choice on the preceding Friday. This is "tipping your hand" and it diminishes your announcement on Monday.....in my opinion.

As a Duck fan, I'm okay with BB at UT on Friday. I will be surprised, but not shocked if Bryce chooses UT on Monday.


Go Ducks !!

Really? Well you are very optimistic. Like what others have said, I'm getting a feeling that his parents, as well as Butler, are pressuring him to play in that part of the country. I really hope Mops is right though.
GO DUCKS!
yeahboyd
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by yeahboyd »

Trip Update via Butler's site

http://www.potentialplayers.com/news_ev ... aspx?id=78

Sounds like he is trying to sound neutral
User avatar
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 527
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by ducksin2010 »

Image
Image
monster
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 934
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by monster »

pan left pls
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Well one more day and this will all be over hopefully. I still would not be surprised if somehow ends up at Miami. As far as his visit to Tennessee.. Butler was telling coaches to not read much into the visit.. he was only trying to see how the offense would look and try to see if could see himself as part of it. As far as him leaving early.. he clearly did not want the spotlight to be on him.. but instead on the players that were committed to Tennessee.. i think that could be good or bad. Maybe he felt they were desperate to have him...maybe he felt.. I am not committing to them and yet they focused on me. Who knows. I think it could be good or bad how they all reacted to him. In less than 24 hours we will all know. I will be surprised when and if he does announce for Oregon.. and would be nice to have that surprise.
User avatar
OreDucks01284
Senior
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by OreDucks01284 »

i think he and his friend got that for free from UT or a gifts for them. Idk, did he get something from us?.
Image
User avatar
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 527
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by ducksin2010 »

why is volnation so confident? i just read some of their threads and said oregon is 3rd in the race for brown.. how does that work when he has said we are his leader?
Image
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by ducksvb6 »

The jacked were probably loaners becasue of the weather...a gift would be a recruiting violation.
User avatar
pezsez1
All Pac-12
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 pm
Location: RIP CITY

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by pezsez1 »

Actually I'm not reading too much into this. I'm sure he wanted to show his enthusiasm during his visit by wearing Tennessee colors. I'm sure someone who's not at all connected with the school probably found a way to get that jacket around his shoulders.

Not that I think he's going to be a Duck... honestly, I don't know where he'll end up... but to me, it makes sense he was wearing the colors at a practice for that team.

What else would he do... wear an Oregon hat to the Vols practice?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
5$
Freshman
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Eugene

Re: Bryce Brown In Knoxville

Post by 5$ »

Rumor around volnation is that they're saying he AT LEAST gave a verbal commitment to the coaches on his second visit. Some are saying he's already signed his LOI. Signing the LOI is pretty implausible since it requires his parents to sign, too. I think if he did verbal, it was just to stop Kiffin from breathing down his neck - that guy gets pretty pissed when recruits don't choose UT.
Image
Post Reply