Salary Cap

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Salary Cap

Post by lukeyrid13 »

We gonna lower it? Maybe to 30 million? Cause as of right now every team would have max cap space and many will have room for two max contracts. Clyde Drexler is gonna get 29 offers, which sucks for the Jazz.
tales
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Re: Salary Cap

Post by tales »

Yea I think lowering it would be good. I wouldn't mind pairing 2 max contracts with Jordan this off-season though =P
Toronto Raptors GM
User avatar
pudgejeff
All Pac-12
Posts: 5014
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 am
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Salary Cap

Post by pudgejeff »

lukeyrid13 wrote:We gonna lower it? Maybe to 30 million? Cause as of right now every team would have max cap space and many will have room for two max contracts. Clyde Drexler is gonna get 29 offers, which sucks for the Jazz.
30 Million seems a bit low. Es[ecially since next year i'm assuming our rosters won't be 65% min guys.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Salary Cap

Post by Phenom »

pudgejeff wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:We gonna lower it? Maybe to 30 million? Cause as of right now every team would have max cap space and many will have room for two max contracts. Clyde Drexler is gonna get 29 offers, which sucks for the Jazz.
30 Million seems a bit low. Es[ecially since next year i'm assuming our rosters won't be 65% min guys.
I would assume the salary cap would increase every year.
User avatar
pudgejeff
All Pac-12
Posts: 5014
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 am
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Salary Cap

Post by pudgejeff »

Phenom wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:We gonna lower it? Maybe to 30 million? Cause as of right now every team would have max cap space and many will have room for two max contracts. Clyde Drexler is gonna get 29 offers, which sucks for the Jazz.
30 Million seems a bit low. Es[ecially since next year i'm assuming our rosters won't be 65% min guys.
I would assume the salary cap would increase every year.
Agreed, but there are people that are over 30 million currently.
User avatar
Zyme
All Pac-12
Posts: 5580
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:35 pm
GM: New York Knicks GM

Re: Salary Cap

Post by Zyme »

pudgejeff wrote:
Phenom wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:We gonna lower it? Maybe to 30 million? Cause as of right now every team would have max cap space and many will have room for two max contracts. Clyde Drexler is gonna get 29 offers, which sucks for the Jazz.
30 Million seems a bit low. Es[ecially since next year i'm assuming our rosters won't be 65% min guys.
I would assume the salary cap would increase every year.
Agreed, but there are people that are over 30 million currently.
Most commonly, what I have seen is people are given a pass, Existing contracts are not counted and the salary cap is raised over time.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40565
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Salary Cap

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'll take a peak at the rosters first, but 30 million seems reasonable. Hard cap should just be double that?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
pudgejeff
All Pac-12
Posts: 5014
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 am
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Salary Cap

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I'll take a peak at the rosters first, but 30 million seems reasonable. Hard cap should just be double that?
We went with 30? I have literally 5 guys on contract and am over the cap.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40565
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Salary Cap

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I'll take a peak at the rosters first, but 30 million seems reasonable. Hard cap should just be double that?
We went with 30? I have literally 5 guys on contract and am over the cap.
Being over cap doesn't hurt at all. It just means you can't offer anything outside of MLE/LLE in the offseason. That's pretty normal for any competing team honestly.

Generally, the majority of teams will be over the salary cap going into a season. Once we set a hard cap, is when you have to be concerned. IF you cross the hard cap, you get penalized.

But right now we don't even have a hard cap. I'll put one in place for next season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
pudgejeff
All Pac-12
Posts: 5014
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 am
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Salary Cap

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I'll take a peak at the rosters first, but 30 million seems reasonable. Hard cap should just be double that?
We went with 30? I have literally 5 guys on contract and am over the cap.
Being over cap doesn't hurt at all. It just means you can't offer anything outside of MLE/LLE in the offseason. That's pretty normal for any competing team honestly.

Generally, the majority of teams will be over the salary cap going into a season. Once we set a hard cap, is when you have to be concerned. IF you cross the hard cap, you get penalized.

But right now we don't even have a hard cap. I'll put one in place for next season.
So I'm able to trade freely then while over?
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40565
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Salary Cap

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I'll take a peak at the rosters first, but 30 million seems reasonable. Hard cap should just be double that?
We went with 30? I have literally 5 guys on contract and am over the cap.
Being over cap doesn't hurt at all. It just means you can't offer anything outside of MLE/LLE in the offseason. That's pretty normal for any competing team honestly.

Generally, the majority of teams will be over the salary cap going into a season. Once we set a hard cap, is when you have to be concerned. IF you cross the hard cap, you get penalized.

But right now we don't even have a hard cap. I'll put one in place for next season.
So I'm able to trade freely then while over?
Yes, as long as this is true:
A team that is over the salary cap can receive up to 115% in total salary of the salaries it is trading away
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17264

Ex: So if you are trading 10million in salaries, you may receive no more than in 11.5 million in salaries.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
pudgejeff
All Pac-12
Posts: 5014
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 am
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Salary Cap

Post by pudgejeff »

is this going up this year?
tales
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Re: Salary Cap

Post by tales »

A slight increase would be nice, especially the way how pricey players might become
Toronto Raptors GM
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Salary Cap

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I personally like it, that way you have to smart with the contracts you hand out. Giving say Sam Perkins 12 mil a year at end of his career should hurt your flexibility a bit.
User avatar
pudgejeff
All Pac-12
Posts: 5014
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 am
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Salary Cap

Post by pudgejeff »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I personally like it, that way you have to smart with the contracts you hand out. Giving say Sam Perkins 12 mil a year at end of his career should hurt your flexibility a bit.
With increasing salaries it has to go up at some point doesn't it?
Post Reply