What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

A. 35-31 BSU and the Las Vegas Odds Makers Win
2
2%
B. 45-42 Ducks Win in a Barn-Burner
20
19%
C. 56-24 Ducks Give BSU, "an ass-whoop'n!"
75
72%
D. 38-21 BSU Gives the Ducks National Humiliation
7
7%
 
Total votes: 104
User avatar
NCDucks09
Senior
Posts: 2265
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:37 am
Location: Portland, OR

What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by NCDucks09 »

Personally, I feel that the Ducks' talent, scheme, and intensity will execute perfection and blow-out BSU. I just can't see how they're under-matched talent can hang with the Ducks talented O and speedy D for 4 quarters...
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
User avatar
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 983
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by MerDuck »

NCDucks09 wrote:Personally, I feel that the Ducks' talent, scheme, and intensity will execute perfection and blow-out BSU. I just can't see how they're under-matched talent can hang with the Ducks talented O and speedy D for 4 quarters...
Agreed, for a while I was worried about how last time went, but then I thought about it and I came up with the following:

J. Masoli will be seasoned, and understand the offense much better than last year and even if he gets hurt,

Chris Harper will not be put into the game as QB and ruin everything Oregon Football is known for!

Don't get me wrong C. Harper was and is a great athlete but he is no QB (certainly not for the UO) and we tried for far to long to get more out of him than he was capable of! Look what happened when DT got in the game...need I say more?
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm really afraid we might come in and make a couple early turnovers, give up a few big plays, and fall behind early.

However, after seeing us do the same against Purdue and BSU last year, only to win @ purdue and almost overcome the impossible against BSU, I know this team can battle.

Give me an Oregon win, but it'll be close.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by Elduderino »

Yeah I'm with TK on this. A little bit nervous, and not nearly as confident in us "out-athleting" BSU. Don't get me wrong, I still believe we are more athletic, but not so much so that a well coached, disciplined (in terms of scheme) FB team will simply not be able to hang (see last year, OK Fiesta Bowl, two wins over OS).

Kellen Moore is one of the best passing QBs in the nation not named McCoy, Tebow or Bradford. Dude lit us up last year in Autzen as a RS Fresh and it's naive to think he isn't capable of doing the same thing to us again. Hopefully we've improved a tad in recognizing play action.

I like the Ducks in this one, but I don't think it will be any sort of blowout. God I'd love to be wrong.....
AKA: CAgrown
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I said this a few weeks ago and am sticking to it. I acknowledge Boise State is a very good team. It will be a very challenging game for us and yes it is possible that we lose this game. i think though that with the focus the ducks have on this one game and who knows what Kelly has in store for them that we are going to see things never seen before against Boise State. I said a few weeks ago it will be 48-31. Boise State will score on our defense and still believe that. I simply just do not see them outscoring us though. It might be close than that and it might be a Boise State win.. but I personally am not betting on that.
akili1133
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by akili1133 »

I think we score a ton of points and give up a few big plays. But ultimately I feel like we are way more athletic and win by two scores.
User avatar
wheaton4prez
Senior
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by wheaton4prez »

I think it will be more lop-sided than the ass-whoop'n option allows.

Don't see BSU moving the ball well at all. They don't look to have a running game. Moore is an efficient passer. But, they don't have enough depth at receiver to be able to exploit our softer spots in the D backfield. They'll probably try and run a bunch of crossing and flood patterns to get their top catchers in specific players zones. But, that will just give Rowe and Tukuafu time to do their work.
User avatar
NCDucks09
Senior
Posts: 2265
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:37 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by NCDucks09 »

wheaton4prez wrote:I think it will be more lop-sided than the ass-whoop'n option allows.

Don't see BSU moving the ball well at all. They don't look to have a running game. Moore is an efficient passer. But, they don't have enough depth at receiver to be able to exploit our softer spots in the D backfield. They'll probably try and run a bunch of crossing and flood patterns to get their top catchers in specific players zones. But, that will just give Rowe and Tukuafu time to do their work.
Votes this for best comment of the board!
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
User avatar
spinseeker
Freshman
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 am
Location: Springfield
Contact:

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by spinseeker »

I don't see Boise hanging with us this year. 55-28 Oregon.

1. Our linebackers are more experienced. This was the weak point last year and led to a lot of the pass protection problems. That is based on Ken Woody's analysis.

2. The same Ken Woody said just a week or two ago that if the line is BSU -4 to bet the house on the Ducks. Literally 'bet your house'. That tells you he firmly believes a close game at the least.

3. Experienced Masoli, with Costa and experienced DT as backups. No way we see the position we ended up in last year with CH.

4. Last year Blount Force Trauma was dominating them until CH decided to keep it or throw it to the other team almost exclusively. BFT led the team in rushing yards and ran multiple 18 yard runs. Most at the beginning of the game.

5. BSU has a very porous run defense when they must respect the pass.

6. Our passing game will be lighting it up. Air Maehl will be offering 1 second delivery. Gaines, Tunei, Dickson, James, Holland oh my.

7. Our defense will feed off of our offensive success. Last year our 'd' had a really good 1st and 3rd quarter (0 points allowed) and held the Broncos to field goals multiple times in 2nd and 4th quarters. This was after multiple, momentum draining 3 and outs by CH and our offense.

8. BSU has O-line issues which will allow u s to really pressure Kellen Moore. Look for a lot of quick release plays and screens. Eddie Pleasant and other faster linebackers will make the difference in this game.

9. This may be the first instance of a Bronco getting Tazed followed by moments of silence by 28,000 people.

10. BSU is the favorite and overconfident. Oregon is hungry for respect and looking for revenge. BSU's blue turf will lose its aura of mystery.
ducksrock
Senior
Posts: 2729
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:08 am

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by ducksrock »

Did I misread the topic? I thot it asked, what do we think the score WILL be....Not what we ALL want it to be...lol
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

wheaton4prez wrote:I think it will be more lop-sided than the ass-whoop'n option allows.

Don't see BSU moving the ball well at all. They don't look to have a running game. Moore is an efficient passer. But, they don't have enough depth at receiver to be able to exploit our softer spots in the D backfield. They'll probably try and run a bunch of crossing and flood patterns to get their top catchers in specific players zones. But, that will just give Rowe and Tukuafu time to do their work.
Last year they had a extremely inexperienced QB come in and everyone thought we'd roll over Boise.

My friend, don't underestimate the mid majors. They don't need the best talent to win. They just have to play a mistake free game and create a couple turnovers. Especially with them being home, a few turnovers could mean the difference in this game.

GO ducks!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
dd10snoop28
All Pac-12
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 am
GM: New Jersey Nets GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Boise State 35-13
Image
User avatar
spinseeker
Freshman
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 am
Location: Springfield
Contact:

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by spinseeker »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Boise State 35-13
I truly hope you mean this as a joke. How can any Duck fan see us only putting up 13 points? This is not USC's defense from last year. And we would have put more up than that against them with an experienced Masoli or Costa. Probably. But against BSU for sure.
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by Elduderino »

^^^^ wow that's a downer lol
AKA: CAgrown
User avatar
wheaton4prez
Senior
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: What will the Ducks vs Broncos Final Score be?

Post by wheaton4prez »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:I think it will be more lop-sided than the ass-whoop'n option allows.

Don't see BSU moving the ball well at all. They don't look to have a running game. Moore is an efficient passer. But, they don't have enough depth at receiver to be able to exploit our softer spots in the D backfield. They'll probably try and run a bunch of crossing and flood patterns to get their top catchers in specific players zones. But, that will just give Rowe and Tukuafu time to do their work.
Last year they had a extremely inexperienced QB come in and everyone thought we'd roll over Boise.

My friend, don't underestimate the mid majors. They don't need the best talent to win. They just have to play a mistake free game and create a couple turnovers. Especially with them being home, a few turnovers could mean the difference in this game.

GO ducks!
BSU didn't win last year because of mistake free football and a couple turnovers. Peterson came out with a clever not-seen-before offensive adjustment that exploited our over-commitment to the run and we lost our passing game in the first quarter. Even with those things happening, we almost came back to win.

Peterson won't be able to pull off a stunt like that twice. I don't think that I'm underestimating them. I'm correctly estimating the programs and how they will prepare for each other this time around.
Post Reply